No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning cafe! My sister is doing well and we hope to take a drive up into the mountains today. I will try to post more later.

24 more please...

Comment

Jude, enjoy the drive. It will be breathtaking this time of year. I'm so glad sis feels up to it!

Dill, I hadn't looked up stage 4 arthritis. I just can't wrap my head around that invasive surgery just yet. I made the mistake when hubby had his, of watching a YouTube of the surgery, start to finish. Ugh, that was a BIG mistake.

ABC, that sounds like the perfect amount of work for Bubba!

Snow is coming to the high country Wednesday. One to two feet expected. Where has this summer gone? It's been a good one with lots of family time. Ill miss everyone so much! I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Hi Cafe. Late checkin today. Had the grands overnight and just dropped them off at their parents house after going to a bouncy house fall festival. Looking for some quiet time now. LOL. Good saturday and beautiful weather here. Jude, I am glad you sister is doing well. Hi to everyone. I will be back for breakfast! 24 more please!

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          dill Jude58 Ginger999 Rava

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've got breakfast ready

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yay! I made it to breakfast! Thanks cowboy! I think that today we are going to Estes park in Colorado. I've been there before and there's so much wildlife. Very cool! Hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

24 more please...

Comment

I hope you made extra Cowboy bc we have out of town friends here who are having a a camping experience in our woods. It's a dad and two boys and I'm pretty sure they'll be hungry!

I have to go and get started...

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for breakfast! Beautiful day ahead. Hope everyone gets to enjoy it. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Enjoy Estes Park, Jude. Your sister must be feeling pretty good to be doing all that exploring! That's great!

Quiet day around here. Took a very short walk yesterday and barely made it back. A year ago 5 miles was a walk in the park. Trying hard to wrap my head around this. Counting my blessings and not drinking!

Rava, rest up!

Thanks for breakfast, ABC. I hope you made enough for Dill's camping company!

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for breakfast! Beautiful day ahead.
                      Was a beautiful day here too, downright summery and perfect day to get out to the west side beaches on the open ocean; even with the sea breeze it was still pleasant being out in shorts and t-shirt (very unusual for this time of year here, though it's probably the last day like that for the year). Wyoming and Colorado sound like they'd be wonderful this time of year with all the fall colors Jude58 !
                      Anyways, happy AF Thanksgiving to all those up in canalandia!
                      Last edited by Mulburry; October 13, 2024, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Yes Mulburry, the Fall colors are beautiful here, great time of year to visit. Estes park was fun to visit, but it was very crowded which took some of the fun out of it. Next time we won't go on a weekend, way too many people.

Ginger, sorry that you are still having knee pain and as much as you don't want to have a total knee replacement, it may be the only way that you get some relief.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It sounds like you and your sister are having a great time Jude, I bet it's helping her through this rough period in her life.

How did the camping go for your friends dill, I imagine you had more than enough breakfast for them all.

That's too bad about your knee Ginger, I know how much you love your hikes.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Mulburry, we're also having some beautiful fall weather right now but the rain is supposed to settle in tomorrow for a few days.

Did your hubby decide to head to Florida to help with clean-up Rava?

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, sorry about that damned knee. Jude. I agree too many people can make things less enjoyable. Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. Dill, I hope your camping trip was fun. Cowboy, Mr R didnt need to go because the damage was removed by the condo landscaping people. I am hearing rumblings of another Hurricane called Nadine. I am trying to just pretend like I didnt really hear that. OK wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you

Comment

Belated happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Canadian friends and partners in sobriety! Mul, I hope you enjoyed that last hurrah from the weather. I for one am not looking forward to the winter...

We had a wonderful time with our campers. The boys were thrilled to be able to fish in our farm pond. They caught lots of fish. The prize catch was a 15lb catfish. They are already planning their next trip to Camp Dill.

The excavator showed up yesterday and got right to work on the pond project! In just a few hours time he and Mr. D had a large patch of bentonite topped with a polyurethane sheet made specifically for pond work laid with a layer of clay on top. Now it's time to wait and see. We don't know if we had the right plan or not. It's guesswork. Fingers crossed and we shall see.

How did the fruit fly situation go, Rava? Did you get those rascals?

Thanks for the excellent breakfast, Cowboy.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X