No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind a busy restaurant, but I'm not all that keen on standing in line to get a table. Long lineups don't always mean that the food is worth it lol.

Have a safe flight home Jude, I'll bet Mr J will be as happy to see you as your sister was. I'm sure your sister and you will be in constant contact in other ways than you being there with her.

It was nice to see Satz on the other forum dill, not sure if the Army still stays in contact on FB or if Techie joined then there.

I don't imagine it would take much to heat up those tiny homes Rava, I think that's why Adam and Darcie kept the amount of windows in theirs to a minimum. Hopefully the replacement patio door goes well without any problems.

I'm not enjoying the farming as much as I used to, I'm finding it more and more stressful each year just because it seems there are so many changes now each year with equipment, seed, etc where mistakes end up costing major dollars. I have always told myself when something stops being fun, it's time to stop doing it. But I still have fun days and get a feeling of satisfaction after putting in a successful day so I'll have to think about it over the winter.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, I 100% get that about stress. You're so right. I finally backed completely away from the pet rescue website work I'd been doing the last 12 years and it feels great! You'll have your answer come spring.

Jude, safe travels today. Rava, that new door should make a big difference. Dill, is that "alligator" walk today?

Not much to report around here. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, i hear you about when things stop being fun. I hope you make your decision over the winter. I am sure you can find a way to still help with farming but maybe once in a while for a friend and not your livelihood. My volunteer job is under new management since I have been gone and I will start back when I return to FL but if it’s no longer fun, I will do something else. Im too old to do stuff that I don’t want to do. Jude, safe travels back and by the time you are reading this you will be home with Mr. J.! Ginger, love the term “alligator Walk”. Hope your walk went well Dill! New door is up and functional. Looks good. It has blinds in the door which my contractor does not recommend but in this tiny house curtains take up too much room. The door is guaranteed for 10 years so we shall see! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          dill Rava Jude58 Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've got breakfast ready...

Comment

Hope your fundraiser walk is successful today dill, just don't get too close to the pond haha.

Comment

Thanks for breakfast cowboy! I think that you need to trust your instincts as far as working the harvest next year. As we get older, we suddenly realize just how precious our time is. Why spend it doing something that you don't enjoy?

It's good to be home! While visiting my sister, there were several moments when I was really tempted to drink. There was always wine in the frig but I kept fast forwarding to the next day and visualizing how I would feel then. I'm so glad that I didn't cave.

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom...there

Comment

Jude, good for you That's such a hurdle and you did it!

Rava, my son and his wife love their door like the one you installed. The kids and dog can't mess up the blinds! Lol

Yummy brekkie, ABC! Thanks

Have a great day, Dill. Hi, Mul!

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

The "alligator walk" is today, my friends. I'll be practicing my zig zag maneuvers prior to! LOL. Also I will be sharing the information with anyone who considers survival is a priority, which, given this is a cancer survivor walk event, might be just about everyone in attendance! Circle of Victory is the name of the event.

Rava and Ginger, I have a couple of those doors with the blinds on the inside and I love them. We installed them in 2006 and they are still working just fine.

Jude, kudos to you on getting out of your comfort zone and flying to see you sister. And HUGE congrats on not caving in to the chilled wine that was on hand. So tempting. I don't know if I could have been as strong.

Cowboy, thanks for that awesome breakfast. Quite a spread! You have my permission to do as you wish regarding next year's crop, but please don't stop fixing our Sunday breakfast!

Off to get ready for the walk. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X