~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
    No word from techie here. It was never the same with that kerfuffle when the Army group joined for a minute. Anyway, that's how it seemed to me.
    Techie checked in a while back saying he was travelling in Europe, so might have nothing to do with that but I'm not really sure.

Nothing like the hurricanes some of you have had to deal with but we had a bit of wallop from 2 day atmospheric river; it did break some rainfall records and some areas in the lowermainland had flooding and landslides but no problems at my place here in Vancouver or my mom's place out in Hope. I guess we had to pay for all that gorgeous summery weather we had the first half of October.

I'm still laughing about the zig zag gator escape run hahaha, but I sincerely hope none of you actually ever have to use it. In my neck of the woods, I'll have to look if that might work for bears or cougars too, haha.
    Last edited by Mulburry; Yesterday, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Dill, sorry that the walk wasn't well attended but at least there were no alligators in sight.

Mulburry, glad that you and your Mom's place didn't suffer from all that rain.

Mr. J did not get a deer yesterday. The only deer that he saw were a few hanging out on the side of the road as he was driving in.

I'll take another 24 please...

Comment

Good morning. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Planning lunch with a coworker and then nothing else. 24 more please and thank you!!

Comment

Mul, glad you and your Mom and properties are all ok after the bad weather! We've been having some perfect Fall weather here lately. It's really nice. I was afraid that Fall would not be as pretty this year due to our recent drought, but Nature is still putting on a good show. Not quite as bright as normal, but pretty darn close! There was a field of beans being harvested yesterday and you should have seen the DUST! I'm glad that field wasn't close to our house.

Ginger, Mr. D went to the knee doctor yesterday and was told he wasn't bad enough yet for a transplant but getting close. His doc is looking into the possibility of doing chondroitin (gel) injections and is checking to see what insurance will allow. I remember his Mom having a knee replacement when she was in her early 70s. It must be genetic. Have others in your family been down that road?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post Rava! Have fun with your coworker at lunch! Sounds like a nice day to me!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:14am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Our eldest daughter in New Westminster was telling us about all the rain Mulburry, they had a foot of rain over the two days. Glad that both you and your mom's place came through it okay.

It's amazing how many people around here have went through knee and hip replacements, most everyone I talked to said they should have had it done years earlier.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow, Mul! That's a lot of ran. I didn't even hear about it on the news. We are close enough you'd think they'd mention it. Seems news worthy to me.

Dill, I'm the only one in my immediate family with joint issues but I've stressed mine more over the years. I've heard this twice now from two different docs...."Our bodies were only meant to last 50 years". Good grief!

Rava, enjoy lunch. Jude, sorry Mr J didn't get his deer. It's slim picking around here for the hunters too. ABC, every other person on our block down south, has had something replaced. One lady has had both hips and one knee and she's not even 60!

Enough of that!! I'll gratefully take another day of freedom.

Comment

Working...
                  X