No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe travels to you, Rava, and enjoy your visit with your grands!

Jude, I too thank you for the wisdom you shared. Gratitude is the key. And your post about the wind and the leaves reminded me of a Frost poem:

Nothing Gold Can Stay
    By Robert Frost

Nature’s first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf’s a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.

Cowboy, I too am grateful for the friendship here. And particularly grateful to you for starting this Cafe thread and keeping it going.

Ginger, I hope you are not having yet another crazy day and that you enjoy some quiet and peace.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.​
    Last edited by dill; Yesterday, 06:51 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

No rest today! Little sis wants to go to four craft fairs and lunch today. I can't say no. I won't see my little bestie for months!

I was exhausted after the greats yesterday but it was so fun! Great gson has his 3rd bday party tomorrow so it will be the last time I see all my family before we head out. Looking forward to that but it's sad to say goodbye.

I'll remember that saying, Jude. Thanks!

I'll gratefully take another day of freedom

Comment

Thanks for the poem dill! I don't read a lot of poetry, but I do like Robert Frost.

Cowboy, do you get many trick or treaters on Halloween? It's one of my favorite holidays, but we don't get many kids at the door, just the ones across the street. I do love seeing what kind of costumes they are wearing.

Ginger, hope that you had fun with your sister at the craft fair yesterday, I do love a good craft sale!

Grateful for all of my friends here, and wishing for another day of sobriety for all of us!

Comment

Jude, I too enjoy seeing the children in their costumes. I don't think I'll have an opportunity this year tho as we are not going to any Halloween events and we never have trick or treaters out where we live.

Ginger, glad you're having such good times with your family! That kind of exhaustion is worth it! Your post also brought a poem to mind. My brain must be in a poetic cycle or something! The poem you brought to mind is called, The Dash, by Linda Ellis. It's about the things that matter most.

I took a picture of the maple tree outside my kitchen door, but the camera did not do it justice! I'll try again today in a different light.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time for some breakfast...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sounds like yesterday was a busy and exhausting day Ginger, have fun at the party today.

Hope you had a safe drive north Rava and are enjoying the time with your gkids.

I do enjoy reading some poetry dill, mostly cowboy poetry though. Baxter Black is one of my favorite poets.

We usually have 25 - 30 kiddos come to the door Jude, I love seeing them in their costumes as well.

Comment

Good morning and thank you for breakfast Cowboy. It’s always so good!!! Hope everyone is enjoying this Sunday morning. Having fun with the grands but one is sick. Hopefully we wont be bringing it back to Florida this week. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast, ABC!

Dill, thank you for sharing the poem. What a great reminder of what is truly important!

Rava, I hope you guys stay well! We may encounter bad weather on our migration south. Sure glad we aren't towing!

Hi Jude. Hi Mul

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Working...
                    X