Army Ring in the New Year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Ring in the New Year!!

Well we made it. Cannot believe quite how tough it was or how different I feel now that it is all over. A huge relief.

Time to ring in the new.....

I am considering giving up refined sugar for my new years resolution. I have heard that sugar causes cravings similar to alc or drugs so want to add another tool to my arsenal and get stronger over the coming months.
    The benefits are supposed to be amazing including more energy and focus so looking forward to that.

I hope NS pops in with some advice for this Newbie

Ha ha yes, I think we finally got it

Oh yes if you can dig it out that would be helpful

I just ate the last mince pie this morning. Back to work tomorrow and decs down possibly today. Off for a long walk in a forest today. Yes much of yesterday spent snoozing which was lovely

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
      Shit can't find it dunno which section it's in- fair dues to you- Its the right thing to do- for me I'd be afraid deprivation thoughts would maybe creep in- think kuya is quitting as well so you'd have lots of company
      The deprivation thoughts have been awful so I think it might be something physical that is keeping me craving, I heard that sugar doesn't help so lets see if it makes a difference

I will have a look see if I can find it

Comment

Morning Gang inkele:

Comment

Morning healthy people.

Good start to the new year Starty and your right, if it's going to help it must be done. I'm a bit like Molly, usually ok, but lately and I suppose since I am alcohol free I found myself allowing more rubbish than usual.
          I'm hesitating but I think I'll join yiz.
          I presume natural sugars are ok, dates etc? Does that not mean that we are still feeding the sugar beast?
          Clean eating is the buzz word I think. I dip in and out of Deliciously Ella,s recipes, derbhal O'Rourke and I have Susan Jane White book here too.
          Harder to do when I'm cooking for 5, but the snacks usually good which is the downfall for most of us!!
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I have to constantly control my sweet tooth - but I am tired of it.
            If I control it during the week - I go MENTAL when I do get a taste of chocolate at weekend. I mean 'addict' type stuff. Munching away 'till I can't taste it any more & feel sick.
            So everything in moderation ......
            Maybe NS will come & guide us here in the Army - to try start on that established thread would be a bit daunting I think.

Comment

Morning Satz.
              whats the craic?

Comment

I think really sweet fruits like bananas and grapes are not so great and dates and dried fruit defo a no no.

Also I think we replace one addiction for another which I have done with pills and rubbish food. I don't want to make that mistake again

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                  Morning healthy people.

Good start to the new year Starty and your right, if it's going to help it must be done. I'm a bit like Molly, usually ok, but lately and I suppose since I am alcohol free I found myself allowing more rubbish than usual.
                  I'm hesitating but I think I'll join yiz.
                  I presume natural sugars are ok, dates etc? Does that not mean that we are still feeding the sugar beast?
                  Clean eating is the buzz word I think. I dip in and out of Deliciously Ella,s recipes, derbhal O'Rourke and I have Susan Jane White book here too.
                  Harder to do when I'm cooking for 5, but the snacks usually good which is the downfall for most of us!!
                  Honey & dates are natural sugar - but if they do the trick it is worth it.
                  I like Susan Jane White & Roz Purcell

Comment

I think ideas for clean eating would be great, and also inspiration on doing something together

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                      Morning Satz.
                      whats the craic?
                      The craic is mighty Mers :haha:
                      The Universe is telling me something - lost my Mastercard-just as DD & I were going into town.
                      Now I can only spend what I actually have :rant:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                        I think ideas for clean eating would be great, and also inspiration on doing something together
                        Can we wait till Jan 1 ???

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          The craic is mighty Mers :haha:
                          The Universe is telling me something - lost my Mastercard-just as DD & I were going into town.
                          Now I can only spend what I actually have :rant:
                          Oh shite, that is a message and a half

Comment

Yes of course. I am spending the time now eating every bit of shite in the house.

Mr Starts has just announced......drum roll.......that he is quitting smoking......and booze!

Comment

Haha..of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X