X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
    Did I kill this thread??????:shocked::ambivalence::yikes:
    Nope. Just busy with life and stuff.

Hope all Undies have a wonderful week ahead. Glad your ski trip was good Techie, haven't done that for years.

Off to garden and get amongst it :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by myhappyplace View Post
      Nope. Just busy with life and stuff.

Hope all Undies have a wonderful week ahead. Glad your ski trip was good Techie, haven't done that for years.

Off to garden and get amongst it :happy2:
      No Nora, you didn't kill it!

I had a busy weekend getting Mr B' s son back to NZ and preparing for our holiday. Wednesday we fly to Fiji for youngest nephews wedding - it will be the last in the family for this generation. I'm looking forward to being away. We are staying at a totally organic permaculture farm which I'm really looking forward to!!

Hope all undies are well and enjoying this warm weather - apart from all the honorary undies skiing and in the middle of winter!!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi Undies. Good to see you Missy. Heading to New Yawk on Wednesday to tend my mom. Need to move her from the home she is living in to an assisted living facility. This is a difficult trip for me as mom is not aware that this is in process. My heart aches so much for her. She was quite dependent on Beth so there is a huge void there. She has had two children pass before. I am the middle child and the last. Anyhow, I won't drone on about my issues. I hope you all are doing well. I think of you all much more than you can imagine.

Droning continues...

BTW, I am taking a three year consulting position with my old company. I start mid February. I vacillated making my decision as I planned on an extended trip to Spain & Portugal early this year. Australia is still on our radar but I will take vacation or time off without pay to make that happen. I love to go to one of Mr. G's gigs as well as a meetup of some of you. The job will be exciting but very complex. I am very fortunate as they pay me lots of money to go from bed to my home office with an occasional domestic or international business trip. Love youse.w
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Techie, my heart goes out to you. It is a hard thing you are doing. If it is any consolation, when my mum finally made the decision to go into a home, her physical and mental health improved immensely. For the first time in many years, she was eating healthily and had day-to-day social contact with people. I hope your mother gets to experience something similar. Anyway, thinking of you, and hope it isn't all too difficult.

And make sure that your Australia jaunt also takes in NZ!!!

I'm just back from a week in Fiji - my nephew's wedding was lovely!! Two years ago he and his girlfriend came to see us to tell us they were having a baby and they were scared as all hell (aged 19 and 20). They had to move back to NZ as NZers can't get parental leave in Australia. Now they have a gorgeous daughter, and with family support have become wonderful parents. I'm so proud of my nephew - he is a big, boofy rugby-type bloke, but watching him be so tender with his partner and his wee daughter brought tears to my eyes.

And Mr B and I stayed on a farm and I am now a complete permaculture convert!!! The (alluvial) soil in the valley where we were staying is so amazingly fertile; and the guy running the farm that we stayed at was so completely eccentric/thinking outside the box that I feel quite inspired. Everything we ate while we were there was either grown on the farm or traded with neighbors. And I have to say, far superior to the food that we ate during the times that we we had meals with family at the resort that they were staying at!!!

Anyway, I now have a negative leave balance, so I wont be going anywhere for a long time!!! I'll have a day off on Monday for a last 4-day weekend; and then I'll be tied to my desk for the rest of the year. Going to make the most of it though!!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Thanks so very much Missy. I am going to try and find the best for mom. I'm just so exhausted with the whole of it all. I know it's not insurmountable but gad it sure feels like it. Thanks again for your kindness and thought!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Couple of dreams last night. One where I lost parts of the engine of my bike-strewn across road, the other was a chance crossing of paths with Bridget Jones. She was with a guy, but the attraction was immediate, strong, and mutual. Didn't get time to yap much but.......Wowza! We knew we'd meet again. Nice feeling to wake up to.

Take it easy out there. L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Oh gee the Jones dream again. While I see this scenario (described above) as different than the last we discussed, you must be concerned. Last month you mentioned rescuing Jones from some large dark veiny creature. I admire your strength G. Stay safe and keep up the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                  Couple of dreams last night. One where I lost parts of the engine of my bike-strewn across road, the other was a chance crossing of paths with Bridget Jones. She was with a guy, but the attraction was immediate, strong, and mutual. Didn't get time to yap much but.......Wowza! We knew we'd meet again. Nice feeling to wake up to.

Take it easy out there. L8tr g8trs.

I really should read more slowly, read this as 'She was a guy' jeez Mr G.....

Big wave to all you lovely Undies.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Happy Valentines Day to all the beautiful Undie ladies!!!

Comment

I tell you what, I come for the wit but stay for the dream diaries.....
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

AN UNDIE !! :worthy:

Hi Biddie
                        Where were yous lot ?

Comment

REGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:heartbeat:

Hi Undies! Reggie, where have you been? HOW have you been? I have missed you!

Neva/Eva has been trying to track you down, too.

GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!:yay:

Comment

I don't like it when you are gone, Reggie. SO good to see you. I am working now but I'll be back. ;-)

Comment

Nighty, night, Reggie! Congratulations on the new pup...post a picture when you can. Sweet dreams.:heartbeat:

Comment

great to see to see you Bridge and Reggie!

Comment

Working...
                                X