My Bros gone into Rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bros gone into Rehab

Hi all again I havent posted for a while Ive just been reading the posts!!!!

Basically Im doing ok with my alcohol intake since joining this forum managed to sort out some PMT medication and all seems well managein to know when to drink and how much etc even though the days I do once or twice a week I still wake up with guilty feelings which is only natural I dont think im cured or anything by a long shot I just understand a little more about what im doing to myself etc. Anyway my Brother gavin started taking Heroin at the age of 15 he is now nearly 30 he didnt know any different at the time but he got hooked and has been using till now ( he himself booked himself into a detox centre) he said thats it ive had enough not only was he a drug abuser but he also became a alcoholic so you can imagine how one feels after so much abuse. In the past the family have told him to sort himself out he tried and failed on several ocassions.

But this time he booked himself in for a three week detox then onto rehab for several months and that to me is what you call (had enough) Me and my son went to visit him yesturday and he has only been in for 9 days they have got him off the methodone already and he is only takin medication for the cravings and pain killers for his body bear in mind he drank alcohol as soon as he woke up till he fell asleep and drugs.

I know everyone says this about their family but he is a lovely looking lad carpenter by trade and a heart of gold that is our brother and when myself and my son went to visit him I started seein the old brother back so soon I know but this time I know its for real
    because he can quite easily walk out the door I spoke to him today and his body is hurting still but his mind is set NO MORE he knows theres a light at the end of the tunnel however long it takes he knows that he needs to re-educate the way of thinking cuz remember thats he knows from the age of 15.

So its a long ride for him and he is still sticking it out even though he has got people round him walking out the detox centre ( how good is that ) my brother is still there I used to think i was stronger than him but to be in the position he is it goes to show he is not only fighting the drugs but the alcohol and is still fighting right this minute with nothing but pain killers and something to stop the cravings and of course his mind to say to I WANT A LIFE

Love you all Emma xxxx rsvp

My Bros gone into Rehab

Hi Keepon, thats fantastic. Your brother is doing so well. I think it is really important to have support through these difficult times and it sounds like he has that from you. He is lucky. I hope he continues to find the strength he needs. All the very best to you both. Bella xxx

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Good luck to your brother and to you.
      I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
      I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Keepon, Well done for your brother, so glad that you are seeing the old him back ........

Love BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Bump up for keepon xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Double bump up for keep on +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
            I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Praying for your brother..glad he is getting help.

cassy

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Your brother is going to have a hard road ahead but it's great that he is feeling strong and determined and great that he has you there to help and support. Good luck to both of you.:l
                Enough is enough

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Way to go brother!!!!!! Hugs to you both...

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Good luck to your brother and you. And a way to go for keeping up with him and not letting go when he was in so deep.
                    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

hi Emma,
                      How wonderful to hear the pride in your voice at your brother's achievements! He is lucky to have such a sister and I wish you both good luck ! :l
                      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                      Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Emma,
                        I hope he is in a place where he can stay awhile and get some psyc help as well. This must be a big boost for you too as well as an answer to many prayers.

Please keep us posted about his progress, and come back more often.

Melissa
                        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

that was inspiring both because it proves that no matter how bad a place you are in it's not too late and also that you saw your brother in a different light. oh yeah, and also it's like if he can do it, so can i. most importantly, he has his whole life ahead of him and so do you and so do i and so does everyone here.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

I wish you and your brother the very best of luck.:l

Kitty
                            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                            Confucius

Comment

My Bros gone into Rehab

Wishing you both the very best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X