Sinus issues and GI issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinus issues and GI issues

How common are they? I have been dealing with sinusitis for some time now. I also have acid reflux which I think was brought on by alcohol. I think the sinusitis is actually from acid reflux. Lifestyle changes are mildly helping. How common are these issues and do they get better with prolonged recovery?
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

I have had success by taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and two drops of lemon essessential twice a day. It's relatively inexpensive and I have zero symptons. Worth a try?
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I've been having extra virgin coconut oil everyday, turmeric capsules,and an occasional stinging nettle capsule if its bad,plus saline irrigation, Liz I had horrible sinuses for forever! I used to whine about it daily here,after using these remedies they're about 90% cleared up,I can't tolerate medications for sinuses so I took care of it the natural way
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks Techie and Pauly. The thing that works for my sinuses is garlic and probiotics but now I have to give up the garlic due to the acid reflux. I do take ACV but it irritates my already inflamed esophagus so I stay away from it. Cutting out sugar and dairy makes a huge difference but I am too young to give up all the simple life pleasures..lol...the coconut oil and turmeric is interesting but don't want to pack on the pounds from the oil either...How much do you take Pauly?
        Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

2 tlbs a day,actually they say its an appetite suppressant and fat burner,I've noticed no weight gain or loss though
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lizker, I have both of these issues. Nasal irrigation has prevented the sinus infections I used to get every year. Every time I get a cold I start irrigation using a Neti pot, bottled water, and the little packets you buy in any drug store.

My GERD I manage with ideas from the Fast Tract diet, Tums, and an acid suppressor before bed. The PPI drugs promoted so heavily and prescribed by most doctors have a lot of long term side effects, so I avoid them. It will be a life-long issue for me, I don't know how severe your problems are. If you have heartburn every day, you can reduce your problems, but it is not likely to go away.
            Last edited by Sunbeam; January 30, 2016, 07:16 AM.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Pauly. I did research the active ingredients in coconut oil and I plan to get a supplement with caprylic acid to work into my regimen. Sunbeam, what type of acid suppressor do you take before bed? I was on PPi blocker for about a week. It worked wonderfully, it even restored my full night sleep. I got worried about the long term effects and stopped. The following night I kept waking up probably due to the reflux. I try to eat not too late but for some reason I still have too much acid. I read about gaviscon and I think it may be the closets thing to natural relief.

Comment

Lizker, Ranitidine is my acid reducer, sold otc as Zantec, or just generic acid reducer. It does help me sleep, it is worth a try for you. Try Gaviscon, that also helps some people.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Sunbeam for the input, very helpful

Comment

Lizker, hope you feel better. Offering no help here but taking in all the info. I am just recovering from a bout of sinusitus and it was not pleasant.
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                    X