No announcement yet.

One Step at Time-Feburary 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I come up with any other good ones, I'll post another.

Fen - I've got everything crossed for you! I so hope that this condo works out.

Pauly - what a complete drag that the buffet was horrible. Can you believe your baby is 18?!?!?

Rusty - I hope you feel better. How did it go today?

Liz - I'm glad that Lucy did ok. I'm sure that was so stressful for you. I get tense when Molly gets a haircut much less a procedure.

Nursie - Great job on getting 30 days. Really happy for you. :hug:

Mama - how you doing? I was hoping you would be able to work a little less with your home office, etc. That doesn't seem to have worked out.

SK, Ne, Red, Techie and all - :checkin:

Have a great weekend
    Last edited by NoraC; February 26, 2016, 10:59 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Found the one with the ears. :rotlf:

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Today is the 3rd anniversary of my Dad's passing. I forgot it was today until my brother told me. Last week I had been having a hard time - thinking of him and wishing he were here to see Casey get married, knowing that it was going to be 3 years. I had done my remembering/grieving last week. So, today, it just didn't click.

I had called my brother at lunchtime. We talked about the wedding, etc. Then, I started telling him about Mom. Her mental health has been declining a little more. She forgets that I am her daughter. She knows me and my name but she is losing that mother/daughter connection now. Several times now as I'm helping her bathe or dress, she has mentioned that I used to do this for her when she was a little girl. She has also asked me if I'm her daughter a few times. At the reception, she kept asking my SIL if she was Betty Jones. My SIL would say no and just a couple minutes later she would ask again. Betty Jones is a friend from back in West Virginia from before I was born. They have kept in some touch over the years but they haven't seen each other in over 25 years. I think that it might have been the hairstyle.
        Anyway, I needed to tell my brother. He has been so worried that she's not going to know who he is. I needed him to realize that it was a very real probability. After we talked a bit, he mentioned he was having a really hard day. I asked what was wrong - was he down? He said - it's been 3 years. Wow - hit me right in the stomach. How could I have forgotten. Then I felt really bad for laying all that stuff about Mom on him today.

The tour at the college went well today. The counselor that gave him the tour suggested that he attend an open house on Wed night for health sciences. The department head will be there and she thought it would be a good idea to get his face out there. Plus with his experience, it would improve his chances. He will find out in May if he has been accepted. That would mean them moving to Massachusetts for 36 months. :sad: (Sad for me but happy for them LOL)
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Love the pictures Nora, keep them coming. So sorry about your dad, we lost my FIL 3 years ago on the 16th. It's seems like forever ago and yet it seems like yesterday.
          Did I miss something! Your son went on a job interview in Mass. I happen to love Boston! I know it would be sad if he did go!
          Pauly I have not heard good things about Golden Corral. I happen to love a good buffet. Happy birthday to your baby.
          Fen, how exciting about the condo! Fingers crossed that it all goes well. You come out with some of the cutest comments, you make me laugh!
          Yes, I thought with mama working from home you'd be on more too. Busy is good. It was so slow at work yesterday, I was so bored.
          Rusty, I hope all went well with the funeral and the trip. Are you feeling better?

Comment

Hey all,Nora,love the ears Liz,yeah it was a piece of shit dinner,Kell summed it up best by saying"a hospital food buffet" lots of older people which makes sense cuz they usually like bland,tasteless food,did you see the pic I posted last week of Lou and Winslow?you can kinda see he looks like Lucy,grrrr,don't want to go to work!! The more sobriety I have,the more I hate that shop,the people,the area,just want to stay home and read my book waaaaaaah,where's that blankie fort?
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm setting up the blankie fort right now.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am taking the time to catch up. It had bank inspectors here for three day and taught an 8 hour class on one day, so I was super busy. Next week I may have time to breathe.
                Rusty, I am sorry you have sick, honey. Half of my teams have people out sick.
                Skwerly - fingers and toes crossed on the condo and I am happy for your mom. 4
                Nora - the pictures are adorable. It hit me on my birthday that Pop had been gone for 2 years on the 10th. I understand how you feel. Your mom is so blessed to have you.
                Lizz, Pau;y SK....hugs to all of you. I have to go find Nursie's post.
                Dottie put her hubs picture on FB for his one year passing. We have lost a lot this past few years.
                I have to tackle this pile of laundry staring at me.
                Sorry about your uncle Rusty.
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Yay! Back up and working again. Big waves and hugs to everyone!
                  AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Red, thanks for keeping me sane while we waited. LOL
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Geez, that took forever!

Nora, I'm sorry about the anniversary of your dad's death. :heartbeat:

Comment

Geez back up and running I see. Hope everyone is ok!

Comment

I can't even believe this place is still getting maintenance, based on the number of members who are running wild.

I have to work tomorrow, too..but will check in.

Comment

Good morning! I don't get the maintance thing either fen. Uneventful weekend here. Nothing new to report. Food shopping in a bit.
                            Happy Monday guys, I have missed you all!

Comment

Morning loves...quiet weekend for me...it was nice. We lazed around all day and then went to Nana's. I love seeing her but some nights she is SO grumpy......I am thankful to still have her, and I mean no offense to my sisters here that are dealing with aging parents.
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey all,Mama,older peeps get grumpy but then again so do we,I feel grumpy this morning, Mondayitis me thinks,trying to get going without o.d ing on coffee,can't get with it! Hello to all,have a fab Monday my peeps
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X