No announcement yet.

One Step at Time-Feburary 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama sent me a picture of her mean face. She said don't make her mad. :rotlf:

(Which reminds me I have to make an appointment to get beautiful next week. LOL)
    Last edited by NoraC; February 6, 2016, 07:31 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Love Steel Magnolia's. That is who we are. I'm the oldest. You babies barely turning 55. :harhar: I'm 57!! I had to stop to figure it out. Do any of your remember thinking that adults were crazy who couldn't remember how old they were? I can remember telling my Mom how in the world could she not know how old she was. I was probably 7 or 8 at the time. Important thing to know was how old you were.

No luck at all with the dress. Never even found one to try on. Sigh.......went to Macy's because son & fiance saw some pretty ones there. Since I didn't lose 80 pounds before the wedding, I needed the plus size section. Gee whiz. What an ordeal. Walked around first looking. Finally found someone to ask. Oh it's upstairs. Ok - had to find the elevator because we had Mom in her wheelchair. Ok - got up to the 2nd floor. Went back to the area she mentioned. Got back there and saw some plus size clothes but no dresses. Asked an employee there. Oh that's downstairs. I said, well, someone just told me to come up here. Nope -it's downstairs. Back down we go. Walk all around. No luck. Decided to check on some shoes that son had sent me a picture of. Couldn't find the shoes. Ask an overworked employee in the shoe section where the plus size dresses are located. Upstairs. I explained that I had just come from there and was told they were down here. Nope - they are upstairs. I was done by this time but hubby said we are here, let's just go look. Went and looked. No dresses.
      Walked around the mall a little bit. Checked out Khol's. No luck. So, I'm trying The Dress Barn tomorrow morning and when they get off work tomorrow evening, they are going to take me shopping.
      One way or another, I will be dressed that day. LOL

Fen - I love you friend. I am so very sorry for you about the cabin. My heart hurts for you. I have shed some tears for you about this because I know what that meant to you. :hug:
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post

Mama sent me a picture of her mean face. She said don't make her mad. :rotlf:

(Which reminds me I have to make an appointment to get beautiful next week. LOL)
        What is that on mama's head?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fennel View Post
          What is that on mama's head?!!!
          Tin foil. She's getting highlighted. Or maybe she is hunting aliens. :devious::saturn:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks for the greeting Rusty

Pauly - I'm so proud of you for hanging in there, and I have so much admiration for the way you've kept on trying despite everything.

Nora - good luck with the dress and all the other preparations.

I try not to be too involved in MWO any more, but I love you guys and I do always check in to see how you're all doing.

xxx

EDIT - SORRY - I forgot lovely Fenny. I hope things settle down soon for you too hon. xx
            Last edited by Glass Half Empty; February 6, 2016, 11:33 PM.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

!

Originally posted by Rusty View Post

I saw on another thread that you have gained about 80 lbs. since you quit smoking and drinking. UGH! You must be disgusted with yourself.

Are you a short person, too?

.......take your bloated ego and get the f*ck off our thread. NUFF SAID.

Liz-Wow, that is awesome news that hubs has lost weight on Isagenix!! How much did he lose and how long did it take him to lose it?

Mama-ooohhhh....you and I are going to be 55

Today is Vanity Day: eyelashes and nails,
              !
              Nuff said indeed
              Last edited by kuya; February 7, 2016, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I think that really is nuff said too Kuya.

It's got really vicious and is far away from the support to stay sober which is what we're here for.
                one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                  Tin foil. She's getting highlighted. Or maybe she is hunting aliens. :devious::saturn:
                  LOL!

I like those smilies...I need to branch out a bit!

Comment

Lovely to see you, Glassy...thanks for your kind words.

Comment

Bear-Kuya came on our thread and attacked two people whom I dearly love. Pauly and Fennel did not pick this fight, she did. When people attack my friends for no reason, then you're going to see a side of my personality that you won't like. I make no apologies for it. Nuff said. Move on.

Glassie-I am so glad you popped in even though you're not around MWO much. Always great to see you! Is it summer where you live? If it is, then I am jealous.

Nora-so sorry you didn't find a dress! I know how frustrating that is!! I had the same problem a few years ago because I was plus-sized and there is so little to choose from in that department, BUT, I went online to Dillard's (it's like Macy's) and I googled "Women's Plus Size Formal Dresses" and they have a really nice selection! Dillard's - Official Site of Dillard's Department Stores - Dillards.com | The Style of Your Life. The prices vary, but I was really impressed with their diverse lines of short and long dresses....solids and prints...nice!! Talbot's Woman is also a possibility. Sounds like you really got the runaround at Macy's yesterday...so sorry to hear it.

Mama! I didn't even recognize you since you have decided to communicate with other planets and deceased family members. What frequency were you on? I thought I heard your voice coming through my TV yesterday afternoon. Hahahahahahah!! Your eyes are SO big and your hair is so dark, I thought, "who in the hell is sitting in that chair?! It's not mama bear! How was date night?

Liz-I can't believe you're only 5'2! You look taller on your FB page! Are you hosting the Super Bowl party tonight? What are you making? I am not obsessed with food...I just think about it all the time. Hahahahahah!!!! Thanks for the information on the Isagenix chocolates! Oh yeah, do I get cravings for chocolate and salt. I am anxious to see the whole Isagenix line. So glad Lucy is back to her old self.

NE-are you on your way to Maryland now? I hope you have a great visit with your parents. Thank you for sharing about your parents' and brothers alcohol addictions. It must be so hard for you to be sober when they are all drinking...but I am glad your parents aren't drinking right now, anyway. Maybe you could string a couple of AF days together? ;-)

Pauly-are you watching the Super Bowl? What are you up to today?

Big hellos to everyone else...I am off to work out and then do some odds and ends. Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Comment

X-Post, Fenny! Nora, how do you import those smilies?

Fenny-are you working today?

Comment

Skendall-I forgot to ask how you are feeling? Are the meds kicking in? I hope the sun shines for you in WA today!:hug:

Comment

Wow, took me forever to read back!
                            Fen, so sorry about your day. That does sound exhausting physically and emotionally. I'm glad you rewarded yourself!
                            Rusty, it is hard to get a good picture of Lucy because she is black. I will try. She's snoring away next to right now.
                            Mama, that's a great picture of you with the foils. You've got me laughing.
                            Nora, good luck today with the dress.
                            Ne, I feel like not doing anything sometimes too. I usually feel better when I get going though. Yesterday I had to push myself . A clothing store here is closing and they had everything on sale. I did try on a shirt but the line was soo long, I wasn't feeling it.
                            Are we excited to watch the Super Bowl tonight? I'm really just excited about the food. Erin is coming over, her husband is watching at the firehouse with the guys.
                            Happy Sunday!

Comment

Liz:love: You posted some really cute pictures of Lucy before...her eyes are just so big and sparkly...she was wearing a sweater one time and I think she was in PJs once, too. I didn't know Erin's husband was a fireman...cool! Are you serving sandwiches and soup or hearty appetizers?

Comment

Will post in a few, but how do I clean out my PM box?
                                I was having my hair done and my eyebrows dyed.....so I was being silly with Nora and wanted to make ya'll laugh
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X