One Step at Time-Feburary 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:triumphant:Hey all

It's only 7:00 and I'm laying down. I received the shoes that I ordered online Friday night. They fit!!! I ordered 2 pairs and paid $25 exp charge. But, I have shoes.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning everyone.
      Have a FANTASTIC day!!
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey all - ended up ordering minnie & mickey ears like this:

Ears
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ne - really sorry about hubby's DUI. I know how devastating it is for the family. :hug:
            How are you doing on the drinking front? Is the Nal beginning to help?

I am glad that I have a few months under my belt to be honest. It would have been hard having all that champagne in the house otherwise. But, luckily, I still can't imagine really drinking. I am definitely keeping my guard up though. I know that for me, all it can take is getting very depressed or very angry and I could throw it all away. So, I won't be depressed or angry. LOL Yeah - right.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty - how are you doing? :hug: Thinking of you.

SK - how are you feeling?

Mama - you are such a love

Pauly - I hope that hubby is acting better. I think he feels threatened by the new you. :hug:

Fen - I'm sure you will find the perfect home SOON!!!

Liz - You are doing fantastic. You sound so happy and are so active. Congratulations.

Sorry - got to run again......I'll be back. People keep sneaking up behind me. LOL
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ne, so sorry to hear about hubby's DUI. That sure is devastating! Yes, one foot in front of the other.

Nora, the big day tomorrow! Are you all set and excited? Just know that I will. Just know I'll be thinking about you all. I'm sure it will be a beautiful day. Please post some pictures here so we can see?

I'm in a bit of a funk today. Lucy is having her teeth cleaned on Thursday and it's kind of a big deal with a dog. It's an all day thing and they intubate her.. Anyway, this is definitely a trigger for me. I'm doing my best to keep it together but I'm starting to freak.
                Today at work I ran out to the grocery store during lunch. I slid in the garage and broke the heel on one of my boots. I mean off, the whole thing! The rest of my afternoon I had to tippy toe on one foot. Only me.
                Have a good night guys.

Comment

Hang tight Liz,Lucy will be just fine sorry about your boot heel,probably one of your fave pairs too,NE,yikes! How can they prove DUI with no BAL proof? Find a decent lawyer,hubs got pulled over a few years ago,got it reduced to reckless driving, Nora,I'm excited that really sucks about the shower though,if nobody brought me presents I'd cry bitches! Much love to all,I have another cold,yippee,a word of advise if you're sick don't go get a haircut to"feel better" you'll only make your hairdresser sick! My coworker had a guy with strep throat a week and a half ago,guess who has strep now? It's b.s
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi guys! Sorry I've been away but I'm doing well!
                    One more surgery coming up in April.
                    I will have 30 days on March 1.
                    I joined AA and I have been working really hard!
                    Love to you all! Xoxo
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

NE, I'm sorry about hubs...but is it possible that he drank more than you were aware of? He refused the breathalyzer and failed the sobriety field tests. Just saying, this disease may be his as well as yours. I am thinking of both of you. I'm assuming this is his first- were you made aware of what the next steps will be?

Hang in there...

Comment

Liz, I bet if you take your boot to a shoe repair place, you can get it fixed up as good as new!

I feel you about Lucy...it's a huge deal to get cat's teeth cleaned, too. She will be fine. :heartbeat:

Comment

Nora, good job on the ears!

Comment

Hello lovely people. I am in Taos, NM on my fourth day of skiing. Realized today I am perhaps skiing scared. Think it's just age related. May take advanced skier lesson tomorrow. Hope all is well in your world!?
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

The president of mom's neighborhood watch group offered her 90K in cash for her hovel, ummm...palace. I think she should go for it. He will fix it up and rent it out to decent people. Her place is tiny, smells bad, needs a new roof and new windows. 45 years of 2 packs of cigs a day did not do wonders for her house. She has a relatively new carpenter ant infestation, but it's still an infestation. This will remove all of the stress (for sis and I) of listing the place, cleaning it up, etc. for showing. Her house is assessed at 140k, but assessments don't mean squat. The house is the smallest one I have ever seen (almost). The neighbors sell drugs out of their driveway, dealers make deals in front of her house, the next door neighbors have two pit bulls who bark non stop when I visit. The neighborhood is in a state of decline, unless this guy buys up all the houses and makes things better. I told sis to push for another 5 K, but if he won't budge, just take it.

Her neighbor from across the street moved out in December and is trying to sell his house for 150K. It will NEVER go for that amount, even though it's in better shape than mom's. Nobody has even looked at it. The much larger and newer condo I am viewing on Friday is going for 101K. And the neighborhood is much swankier, comparatively speaking.

I'm just happy that things are working out in mom's favor.

Comment

Fantastic, Fen. That would be such a relief.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X