No announcement yet.

One Step at Time-Feburary 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh - that is so cool about the napkin holder. I'm glad you found something like that.

Liz - what are you watching on Netflix.

You all are posting before I can catch up. :rotlf:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by fennel View Post
      Thanks, Liz. What show are you watching?

I felt oddly attached to that danged napkin holder, LOL! I don't want to be like mom, though. Basically, everything we ever owned as a family has never left the house. Just scary!
      Fen - save yourself is all I have to say. That is what we are dealing with in Oregon. And that is what I have here. I am going to start going thru all of my stuff. I have been going thru a lot of it and there is a lot more.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post

Fen - is the condo yours for sure? I hope that you have a good day off.
        Tough one with the maint manager. You guys will probably have a good time and end up being friends. He'll have to look somewhere else for the romance.
        The condo is mine, if it passes inspection next week...it's only ten years old, so I am anticipating that it will.

As for maintenance dude. He's pretty handsome and nice. Maybe he won't have to look elsewhere for romance. (cover your ears/eyes for TMI/squeamish types) I'm sort of a "bi" type. Like 70% women, 30% men. If he's really nice, why not? If the workplace allows it. Or, maybe I'm just being stupid. I am seeing him on Thursday and will update you all. Perhaps he will not be on board for the baggage that is Fennel. And one could hardly blame him.

At any rate, it would be nice to vent with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
          Fen - save yourself is all I have to say. That is what we are dealing with in Oregon. And that is what I have here. I am going to start going thru all of my stuff. I have been going thru a lot of it and there is a lot more.
          Well, I feel badly for mom. She has deep emotional attachment to all the crap in her basement. I do think I will like the napkin holder (the least I can do).

Also, mom's brother was my favorite Uncle. He was a machinist, and there is a huge chest of his tools, plus his union card. I loved him like crazy, and I will keep his union card and a few of his tools to display in my home. The rest, I will sell at treasure mart for mom's maintenance.

Some of the tools are so cool. Plus, his union card. I think they will display well. I miss him so much. :heartbeat:

Comment

Oh cool Fen - then you can play it by ear and see how you feel.

I think that's a really cool idea about the union card and the tools. That will definitely look great on display. :hug: A good way to remember him and think of him.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks, Nora.
              He seems like a nice guy. We'll see how Thursday goes.

I agree about my Uncy's stuff. I loved him so much. He used to really play with me. I miss him a lot and would love to have some stuff to remember him by. I color Easter eggs and take them to his grave annually.

Comment

Fen - that is so cool about you taking the Easter eggs to him. :hug:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Geez, I have so much to do today...days off are "work" days, too.

Comment

Fen, I'm so excited for your condo! I hope it all works out!
                    Nora how are the newlyweds?
                    Went to meeting tonight and I'm exhausted to say the least.
                    We are watching Lie to Me and a little bit of White Collar. CJ loves Lie To Me. I'm not a netflix kinda gal, but I'm enjoying this. We watched a little of Fuller House too.
                    Having a little trouble keeping my eyes open, so off to bed with me. Good night, love you all.

Comment

Working...
                    X