No announcement yet.

Army Social :) 15th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't....I'll run away and hide!!!
    “It always seems impossible until it's done”
    ― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Nighty-night All! Seep tight.....see you in the morning. XXX

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Evening, Love is in the air tonight, or not maybe!

Originally posted by starty View Post
        Twas very exciting. Boardroom chats, discussions and thanking my lucky stars that my life is not complicated and relatively stress free compared to others
        So whats the skinny? were they really having an affair??

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Evening .............. :checkin:
        Have to go to a dopey play off down the country - oh GAWD !!!! :sad:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ki...burn_High_Road
        That looks brilliant! I love plays, its been years since Ive seen one.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        My brother's marrying the love of his life in June...........they met 10 years ago on-line and are made for each other
        ISnt that just fantastic. I dont think it matters where you meet people, online, face to face... pros and cons for both. Sure look at us, who would have guessed! :haha:
        Sunny, no harm dipping your toe in, at your own pace. And who knows what this new job will bring!
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Sweet dreams Sunny X
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

That looks brilliant! I love plays, its been years since Ive seen one.
            It WAS brilliant Mers - I didn't expect to enjoy it - but I was riveted throughout. Acting was great - it was a sad story.
            It's touring Ireland - if you get a chance - go see it.

Comment

Originally posted by sunbird2 View Post
              Yup JC, enjoyed it immensly!

Christine's frend put me on an internet dating site......but....um.....I really don't know!!
              Yes, Tony made Chris promise that I woud get out and meet someone else, but firstly, I don't know that I feel ready, and secondly, I feel so vulnerable....correction, really, really terrified!!

What do you ladies think?
              Sunny - go with your gut - don't force it.
              Certainly do not let anyone else coerce you into it .... you'll know when the time is right.
              Would frighten the shit out of any of us........:egad:

Comment

Okay.........who's got the sleep fairy?
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

She spent a lovely few hours with me Been up, been running, been doggering and had brekkie. Now I have to nip to tesco to get Mr S a bottle of JD for part of his birthday pressie :egad:

Sunny, I know quite a few peeps who have had great results from internet dating. If I was single I would definitely go for it. You might meet a few frogs but it would be entertaining nonetheless Dip a toe in (Safely of course)

Mary, no I don't think they are bumping uglies, I think the girls boyfriend just went a bit mad. She is going to be soooooooo embarrassed when she comes back to work today. Not only did he put it all over Facebook but he texted all her friends in her phone :turd2:

Comment

Ahh but Starty, you'll not have that desperate look on your face like we do when we're buying alcohol for ourselves in the early morning.

Bumping uglies...........wonderful phrase.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ahh but Starty, you'll not have that desperate look on your face like we do when we're buying alcohol for ourselves in the early morning.

Bumping uglies...........wonderful phrase.
                      How very very true Jacks. I really am not missing it and beginning to feel that wonderful sense of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                        How very very true Jacks. I really am not missing it and beginning to feel that wonderful sense of freedom
                        Wonderful !!! That sense of freedom is priceless.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Molls,
                          Still bitterly cold here with a snow warning.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wonderful !!! That sense of freedom is priceless.
                            Yep- even after nearly 3 years - I still wallow in it !!!
                            Morning btw :checkin:

Comment

Morning army i went to visit my sister on Monday afternoon and she's in good form just waiting on a call to start her chemo. I tried internet dating in the past and it wasn't successful for me as i didn't meet a partnrt but had some ok dates nad some not. I may try it again but may be a bit too soon for sober dating. Sometimes i wopuld have a drink or a few before i went and other times i was ok not to drink before or on the date. Just watching Ireland AM and a new book out by author Amanda Proust called another love. A novel about wine o clock and a middle aged lady's decent in to alcoholism. One i'll look out for and may be order in the library. Cold and damp here too but dry.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                Sunny - go with your gut - don't force it.
                                Certainly do not let anyone else coerce you into it .... you'll know when the time is right.
                                Would frighten the shit out of any of us........:egad:
                                Hello everyone,
                                Thanks so much for the advice and support!

Satz, hysrerically funny....you get just how I feel....shit scared!!!

Anyway, I will be cautious, very cautious. My Mom was very young at heart and attractive, and she just hid away for the next 25 years until she died....I know she was lonely....but its the kind of thing I suppose one must look at early asto whether or not one is happy to live alone for the next 20+ years.

I have though realised that I will never find another Tony! That's what I have to make peace with.

Satz, glad you enjoyed your play...it looked good from what I read.

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X