Army Social :) 15th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all,
    Good for you on making the first move Mary.

On my way to the Weekend Seminar ....exciting!!
    Have a wonderful evening everyone!
    “It always seems impossible until it's done”
    ― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Originally posted by sunbird2 View Post
      On my way to the Weekend Seminar ....exciting!!
      Have a wonderful evening everyone!
      Enjoy Sunny!! What's the seminar about??
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

To whom it may concern,
        Mollymoo's elastic.........I think that's what she means by stretched,
        5 days leave have been approved.
        Sincerely yours
        JackieClaire (Mrs)
        Chaise Longue over by the window.
        Army Barracks.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening army.

Comment

Went to watch Mastermind.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
              evening all -- just a quick hello - Mary -- Joe and I have had horrible rows -- more emotional than shouting battles these days -- but like Benjy says -- these days -- we know what we've said or done -- we can't be manipulated (and I DO believe that there was a certain amount of manipulation went on in the drinking days -- I was never SURE had I spoken in a nasty tone or indeed if I had said things I shouldn't etc) - now it is real and that's super -- I find I analyze the rows now and I look at my part in it -- rarely is one person 100% in the wrong - OR the right -- and I will apologize specifically for that part -- sometimes -- not always -- but definitely more frequently - Joe will then look at his contribution in a less threatened way because I have owned some of it --- works for me --- sometimes
              Good to have you back Molly! Stretched or pulled, we are happy with any bit!

All fine now in Maryland. But it was the first BIG one since I stopped boozing and it was interesting look back at it - which we both did earlier.
              I was very clear on the events and so was he.. (he apologised, I did simply for not getting his dinner into him quick enough!!).
              I agree with you 100%..
              Plus, we both would normally make matters worse and get very drunk - but what really surprised me, was that Mr M didn't touch a drop either (I had myself trucked in bed by 8 to avoid him and any thoughts, but I was grand).

So thanks all for advice and listening, another small hurdle and day done.

Hows the back JC?
              Last edited by IamMary; February 19, 2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Evening all,

So happy for you both that things were straightened out Mary!

N21 seminar...1st night was fantabulous! 3 000 people, all positive thinking and happy!
                “It always seems impossible until it's done”
                ― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                  Good to have you back Molly! Stretched or pulled, we are happy with any bit!

All fine now in Maryland. But it was the first BIG one since I stopped boozing and it was interesting look back at it - which we both did earlier.
                  I was very clear on the events and so was he.. (he apologised, I did simply for not getting his dinner into him quick enough!!).
                  I agree with you 100%..
                  Plus, we both would normally make matters worse and get very drunk - but what really surprised me, was that Mr M didn't touch a drop either (I had myself trucked in bed by 8 to avoid him and any thoughts, but I was grand).

So thanks all for advice and listening, another small hurdle and day done.

Hows the back JC?
                  Well done Mers :welldone:

Comment

Sounds like a great night Sunny!
                    Thanks 'Satz Sister get home ok? Hows the Ma?

Watching an interview on the Late Late with Pat Phelan - Sober 16 years, went from practically living on the streets to a multi millionaire.
                    There's hope for us!

Comment

Morning, just checking in and off to work I go.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning army.

Comment

Morning Army :checkin:
                          Mers ? Getting his dinner into him ? Over him more like !!!!!

Yes sis gone and Mam is almost back to herself.
                          It's amazing how a good nights sleep can change your whole outlook on life.
                          She still talks about the very black hole she was in.

Have my doubts on young Satz though and if he is drinking

Comment

Morning lovelies and darlings and all round jolly nice people.

Well on the mend with the back here.

Mers, amazing how a row can escalate over something simple.

Satz, glad you're mammy's feeling more herself. Spring is in the air.

Things ticking along nicely here.....Jenny's got a job in York and her and the fiancé are moving into a wee cottage just on the outskirts..........S&H and his GF have had their offer on a house accepted.............which means we'll have an empty garage for the first time in nigh on 10 years.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Morning lovelies and darlings and all round jolly nice people.

Well on the mend with the back here.

Mers, amazing how a row can escalate over something simple.

Satz, glad you're mammy's feeling more herself. Spring is in the air.

Things ticking along nicely here.....Jenny's got a job in York and her and the fiancé are moving into a wee cottage just on the outskirts..........S&H and his GF have had their offer on a house accepted.............which means we'll have an empty garage for the first time in nigh on 10 years.
                              YAY-empty nest :yay:

Comment

You know, Satz, I'm rather proud of the them.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X