No announcement yet.

Army Social :) 15th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree also Mary i see a lot of that from people i know family member friends etc seems like they are having a blast posting pics from pubs/restaurants with drinks/food and happy smiling faces yes it makes me a bit lonely too but i can't have a few drinks as there is no such thing as a couple with me its a couple of bottles. I think of how i won't wake up with a hangover or memory loss. Some of them will and others will just have are take or leave it drinkers. alcohol is poison to me i wouldn't go to a crack den and do drugs so like that i won't drink but will try to live and learn to sociialise with out alcohol. Had some success of late but it still takes work its adat. Ahh life sucks at times but its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by GlitzyB View Post
      Hi Mary it was raIning here early this morning b ut there is nice sunny spells and i took a photo of a rainbow over my back garden bout half hour and posted it on fb and made it my cover pic aslos. Its amazing how the weather can be differant just a few mies from your own area. Satz i used to thattoo. Get through boring housework or cooking some thing that some time and prep. A few glasses made it easier and les of a chore and then a few glasses and another bottle and a relaxing meal with a vino in ront of tv became a blackout or else i fell asleep as i was too drunk to enjoy it. Ahh the madess of dink and alcohol addiction.
      Ah yes the boring housework, chores & cooking were a trigger too.
      Now I just don't do it :harhar:
      Last edited by satz123; February 21, 2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Great Post Satz..
        And it was absolutely the normality of everyone here that made me know that I was going to stick around. I had promised myself Id go to AA if it didnt work out - as I ran past the meeting on Friday night (I had checked them all out) and I thought, you know, Im sure it may have worked too cos I was really ready, but they wouldn't have been there for me on Friday morning when I was in the middle of my marital scrap!

Its 3.30 on a sunday afternoon, it would be just about OK for the hair of the dog.. What freedom

Yea, housework.. yawn.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
          What a wonderful post Satzy. That just about sums it all up. Sometimes when I am on FB and I see people who seem to spend all their time partying or at a pub I feel weirdly jealous or abnormal. I have to continually remind myself that is not something I can do, nor do I want to do. It is those times that I can feel a bit lonely too and that is when I realise it is just all in my head and there are many more rewarding things to do that I can actually cope with now I am sober.
          Focus on their sore heads, furry tongues, guilt, pain, shame, shakes and ugly faces the next day!!
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening army now its pouring down with rain here and windy so the weather spread over here from your end Mary lol. I had a nice walk back and forth from Tesco before the heavy rain started i ran out of cat food and litter. Just come dine with me and chilling now.

Comment

Evening Army,

Great post Satz, I'm sure mny of us can relate.

Seminar is over and time to relax and watch some more of Suits. Riviting stuff!
              “It always seems impossible until it's done”
              ― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Evening,
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry there was supposed to be more than just evening.
                  There's so Deuschland 83 tonight........I'm lost..........my German was coming along nicely
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Is it on Netflix? Just thought when the S&H moves out we'll have to pay our own Netflix :sad:..........a first world problem
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'll have to look down the back of the settee.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

At this moment in time I think that's where mine is.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                        X