Welcome Spring army thread 29/02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Good luck Sunny! Let us know how you get on.

Satzy that is so tough. I went to a talk from an interventionist on Sunday. He runs interventions for families who have addicts among them. One thing he said and was very clear about was that people had to have consequences from their actions. So although you still love that person and tell them so, you withdraw from assisting them in any way. In your sons case maybe that is to withdraw funding for his treatment. Let him go it alone and see how he gets on. I am not sure if you support him in any other way but maybe that is something to consider? If you want the link to the service let me know. It is in the UK but they work all over and might just be able to give you some assistance or ideas.

Comment

Morning army folk.
      I don't know what is best Benjy.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Starty and Jabbers,
        Like Starts said, he has to made aware of the consequences to those around him. His sister should speak to him, Anne, not you. You're doing your best with your own sobriety and going to a programme to help you deal with this. Tough as its sounds and God forbid I never, ever have to do it..............its up to AJ.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mornin all...jist a quick jump in on this beeyootiful 1st day of spring,..the suns a hiding,the winds a blowin,the rain is comin down so fast....but do we care???
          Starty....snake pics were great,Satzy..dunno wot to suggest,the only thing is ..it has got be him that eventually gets his head together and sees that actually theres more to life than booze...someone forcing the issue could make him more anti..best of luck to you tho...
          molls cracking pic o St Pat driving out the snakes!!hiya JC hows you?big shout to everyone else......
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning Mickstar,
            I'm just away out of the door to go to the volunteer place. I'm grand.
            Must go see you the night.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning army spring is my favourite season also. the spring flowers are in bloom and a bit of a stretch in the evening. Sorry i wasn't around for a few days. My charger broke on me during the week and i got a new one last thursday and then the modem broke so eircom sent me one yesterday but its fixedc yet i can't get wifi so i'm on limited service so i have to call them again. Tried just but they are busy. On a good note i was 8 months sober over the weekend and last week i attended 2 AA meetings. Happy Tuesday and the first of March. Sorry to about young Satz relapsing again but no advice to offer apart from what was said. Nice sunny morning but very windy with showers for later. Its mild tho.

Comment

Afternoon Army. Foxy, good to see you back. 8 months!!! You must be thrilled skinny:sohappy:
                Waiting for a 'sunny' update on 1st day on the job..

Satz, have you spoken to young Satz today?

Escaped rabbit here, much drama as the kids chase him around the garden. That reminds me: white rabbits..
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening and thanks Mary yes i'm pleased with my progress its the furthest i got since i started my sober journey thanks to you all on mwo for you're support. Starty i saw your pics on fb i used to scared shitless of snakes burt i think i would brave holding of those exotic big ones with an expert besdie in case it tried to nuzzle me lol. Raining heavy here and still quite windy. I love rabbits but 4 cats is enough here for now plus i don't cats and rabbits would mix well.

Comment

Evening,
                    Well done our Glitzy.

Getting the white rabbits and cake for Glitzy all at once

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening jc what a lovely cake thank you. Nice Spring theme.

Comment

congratulations on 8 eight months foxy. youre doing brilliantly.

Comment

Well, hello there Blinky, you're not doing too badly yourself by all accounts.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello
                            Just a quick pop in.
                            Still dealing with young Satz - I seem to be the mecca for all problems.
                            DD ringing me & now GF as she is living with it and getting scared he is drifting backwards.

I've told both of them to go to Al Anon to get support & understand it better.
                            Just hope he comes to his senses and gets back on track ......

Comment

Night all, leaba time :sleeping:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                Hello
                                Just a quick pop in.
                                Still dealing with young Satz - I seem to be the mecca for all problems.
                                DD ringing me & now GF as she is living with it and getting scared he is drifting backwards.

I've told both of them to go to Al Anon to get support & understand it better.
                                Just hope he comes to his senses and gets back on track ......
                                So hes been at it for a while Satz? Have you spoke to him?
                                He will get back on his feet. Are you in the Rutland tomorrow eve?

Comment

Working...
                                X