No announcement yet.

Red67 Has 5 Years AF!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, you guys are amazing! Rusty, thanks for starting this thread. Nora, thanks for the card, high fives and cake, JC thanks for the beautiful picture and thank you to all of you for your continued support over the years. (and Birdy for the dancers - can we get strippers next year?) And Stirly, thanks for the balloons. I just have to say I so admire how you write and what you posted about coming back here.

This is not an event but a journey. I used to think that if I could quit drinking then, poof, problems solved and life would be perfect. I thought drinking was my only problem. Quitting was great and still is, but what is even better is dealing with life and all of its ups and downs on my terms. I have gone through more shit in the past five years then in the 10 years I was drinking, but that was because I never dealt with anything in my drinking days. I ignored everything until it passed me by. Now I can deal with the problems, figure out if I can do anything to solve them and if I can't, learn to let it go. The serenity prayer has been a life saver at times. I will say it over and over again until the meaning really sinks in for the situation I am dealing with at the moment.

I can't tell you how much this site keeps me grounded and wanting more out of life everyday. The Army Thread the past couple of days has had some amazing posts from everyone. And the steppers thread has been so supportive to me. I wish people who are looking for help could understand how much this place and all of its wonderful members really do help. Honestly, I have never gotten more unconditional support than I have here.

So, on to another year (and lifetime) of sobriety. I raise my glass of orange juice with super food (green powdered vegetables) to all of us here. :woohoo2::woohoo2:
    Last edited by red67; March 17, 2016, 01:59 PM.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Onya Red! Congratulations!

:goodjob:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Red, Congratulations, you are such a valuable member of MWO. Your sobriety is hard won and you have done the work. I wish you only the best in life and you are right, sobriety doesn't solve all our problems but doing it with a clear head is much better.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Great job Red!!! Congrats!

Comment

Happy 5 year anniversary Red. A fantastic and wonderful achievement. I loved your thank you post, it is so damn true but i would never have one night of drinking over the sobriety i have now. Have a wonderful day, you so deserve it. Pass on the powdered greens though.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Fabulous!!

Comment

That is wonderful! Very inspiring!!
                AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Red,well done to you ..congratulations from this side of the world on your 5 years
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                  X