No announcement yet.

Candida....your hidden enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dutch 1988, I am not an expert but I think that a more balanced approach, leaning on the healthy side may be your answer. Perhaps getting most of your calorie needs from lean proteins, legumes, veggies and whole grains may be more beneficial. A good balanced breakfast usually sets me on a path to making healthier choices throughout the day. Have you tried switching up your protein shakes? I have had to change them quite a few times. A good probiotic can help with most digestive issues.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      This thread really has me thinking Liz,thank you for sharing, you always manage to post helpful things to me I was reading the candida diet and she said a beer is basically a glass of yeast,makes sense cuz one time I misplaced one of my decoy water bottles and when I found it a month later it smelled yeasty and had weird white stuff growing on it,sick! I probably threw it away,mmm,knowing me I probably just rinsed it out and used it again so I'm trying to follow this way of eating, are there certain foods that you avoid? I'm curious about bananas? Thanks again
      Pauly, glad that you able to benefit. I struggle a lot with some of these things. I do alot of reading and experimentation, so when I find something that works, my first instinct is to pass it on to help others struggling with the same thing. I know what works for me may not work for everyone else but it's worth putting it out there. I stopped eating bananas when I started the no sugar diet. Bananas are very high in sugar. I eat fruits very sparingly. Jus a handful of mixed berries and a few pieces of frozen mangoes for my smoothies. It seemed drastic at first but iam getting used to it. I also cut out all fried foods, white flour and most yeast products such as bread. I eat salads pretty much everyday for lunch. You can create various varieties to make them interesting. I try not to eat meat for dinner. Chicken or otherwise. I eat beans and Brown rice most nights. I'm sure there are many variations to this but the gist is plant protein and non processed carbs. I also try to eat atleast 3 hours before bed time...this has made a really huge difference. I used to eat a full meal right before bed, I think that's why my reflux got so bad.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

I'm truly glad that this helped Kuya and also to know you are in an even more healthier path with quitting smoking. Overcoming 2 powerful addictions is truly remarkable.

Comment

Omg Liz, this is the thread i have been looking for! I have been thinking of giving up sugar today, and your post about the candida diet has sealed the deal.

A bit of background: have suffered anxiety and depression for most of my life, and have recently had an increase in miagraines. I've slowly been cutting things out and cutting down on certain things; mostly bread (wheat) as i suspected it was contributing to my miagraines. Have also cut out dark chocolate, but am going to have to go all the way.

Interesting thing: last night, no sugar at all. Had headache, took painkiller. Slept well, and woke up looking fresh and feeling okay energy-wise. Got home around lunch time, after shopping, and out of habit, had chocolate cake. 5-15 mins later, started feeling scattered in the head: i really noticed the difference after eating sugar.

Thanks for your inspiration
          Last edited by Change; April 16, 2016, 04:43 AM.
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Lizker, the symptoms you described at the start of this thread apply to me. Really eye-opening....thank you!
            I will be taking action and much more aware of what I am eating.
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I've got to say, i've been really slack with going on an anti candida diet. Have made significant changes though: nore more binghing on sugar, just one treat per day, and the occassional fresh fruit smoothie (okay, today i had two!), cutting out bread, pasta (a lot of wheat-based products), and largely sticking to a fresh, whole foods diet, with plenty of protein.
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hi Change & Daisy

I found a herbal remedy for internal fungus. Nature Fresh - Parasite Remedy. Contains ethanol, but leave it out till al evaporates. Been using it a couple of days and I do feel a difference. GIT more stable and sinuses a bit better.

I read a "going green" book and their advice is to get out of your comfort zone with food, but not into a shock zone.
                I guess ODAT also applies here, with slower changes to diet.

This is what makes me excited about the AF life! So much more able to change in our lifes.

Comment

I've never thought about Candida. Thanks for sharing that simple test. I'm gonna check out and see what happens.

Comment

Most people had interest in these topic. If you have had any success in handling these either through lifestyle change or medical/alternative medical intervention please share. I have had considerable improvement by following a simple regimen. I drink a glass of lemon water with 2 table spoonfuls of raw Apple cider vinegar with cayenne pepper in the morning. I also add one clove of garlic to my smoothies every day. I cut out dairy and consumer zero to very little sugar. Very little fruit. I still eat bread. Not more than 2 slices...I have had significant improvement with acid reflux, constipation, sinusitis...including headaches and full ears. Significant improvements with depression and anxiety. I can't say I am fully cured but this something I will be taking for a very long time.

Comment

Working...
                    X