Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Drinking but using other drugs

Hi All

Something for consideration that i don't see brought up. The aspect of using drugs but not drinking. For those of us that are alcoholics it is the self medication with alcohol that we use to escape what ever in life we don't want to deal with. When we stop drinking it is not just the act of not drinking but facing with and dealing with what ever it is in life that troubles us. It is learning new life skills to live life. it is staying present in life and experiencing the good along with the bad.

When we switch over to another drug we are just changing our drug of choice. Nothing has changed in regards to facing and dealing with our lives.
    Yes we are AF but in reality we are not living a clean life. We are still escaping Not drunk but stoned ????? Yes differences but don't think this is what we should consider to be a goal in our journey for the life we deserve.

KC
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Hey KC - excellent post. Thank you. That is something that has been on my mind lately.
    I obviously have an addictive personality. So, I am very leery about getting hooked on something else. I do smoke pot and have been watching myself to make sure that it stays occasional. But, I can see how that could just be substituted for alcohol.
    I am working on dealing with my life and am actually doing so much better. But, I also have been feeling the need to escape. Which, of course, leads to another addiction.
    Thank you for bringing this up. It has been on my mind so much lately.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Very true Caysea..... my son has stopped "weed" but is drinking more......we had a long talk about this the other night...
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
      X