Where do you all hail from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My family has been doing some family research this last year or two. We obviously know we are from Scottish descent. We found out that we come from the Isle of Skye. Some were living the highlands, and during the highland clearances we were put onto the boats and shipped to the 'new world'.. Now, we are mostly Canadians.

I am also the self proclaimed Laird of my clan, I have yet to be challenged.

What is everyone else's heritage?

I'm 3/4 German and 1/8 Irish and 1/4 English, My husband is full Irish from Ireland.

My maternal Grandparents were from Russia.

Comment

Irish, Scottish & Chippewa ... all very famous drinkers I believe!
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Iceland....

Comment

Sweedish and Scott/Irish but I can't spell them
          If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Irish and French on my dad's side.. if there's more I don't know. My mom... all I know for sure is Dutch and a bit of Cherokee. Born on Long Island, raised in Florida, came to the Pacific Northwest 12 years ago, just before I turned 30. I think my bloodlines are the reason I love the climate up here!
            Hugs,
            imatree

Comment

Totally Californian!

Just kidding. Maiden name was Polish, but we could only trace the name back to Ohio, USA and on my Mom?s side, there some German and Danish, but again, no knows when they came and how they got here.
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

100% anglo-saxon

Ha ha - cos what is anglo-saxon? it is a mixture of the angles and the saxons.
                Angles originated in England and saxons from northern Europe.
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Pure Highland stock - for generations .....
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Irish and Italian
                    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

4/5 Irish
                      1/5 French
                      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

A mixed bag....
                        Mother Scots, Father born in India to an English engineer and an Indian lady.
                        Mother's mother Irish, mother's father Irish.
                        My sister traced my father's side of the family back to France before 1066
                        I've never been to France.
                        I'd love to go...

Comment

A total mix - mostly English/Scottish/French and some Irish/Native American (no clue which nation, I think Ojibway or Cree)....Two generations however, fully Canadian

Comment

Oh yes, on a side note, found out from the Scotts side, my great (great) grandfather, and however long before, used to make their own beer and spirits. Apparantly, the recipe has been passed down and now somewhere in Scottland (can't remember where) the family has a pub/ big boat restaurant.that sells this secret family recipe. They apparently still make it by the barrel. Will be an interesting jaunt to visit and see how much will power my AF days will give me.....I think I will label that trip 'moderation'

Comment

1/4 Mexican, maybe some native american mixed in, tho' Grandma said her peeps were "Spanish of purest breed." 1/4 Italian - grandpa was blue eyed/blond from Lombardia. 1/2 English - one grandma from birmingham, paternal grandpa's family lineage goes back to 1640 in America, and it's an anglo-irish-dutch mix there. Everyone except my mexican granny loved the sauce.
                              "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X