Army Gates now open 4th Week of May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Gates now open 4th Week of May

Just push, they're easy to open and we're all very welcoming.

Bad news this morning my kettle is broken and I've had to boil water for my coffee in a pan........a pan :sad:

Got a memory of sneaking a drink from the fridge when I thought no-one was looking.............swigging straight from the bottle when I looked up there was my daughter.................the withering look she gave me is embedded in my brain and her words...........'you could at least put it in a glass'.............she'd be about 15.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Morning JC.
    There must be one impressive place beyond those gates.. I'm coming in!!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Got a memory of sneaking a drink from the fridge when I thought no-one was looking.............swigging straight from the bottle when I looked up there was my daughter.................the withering look she gave me is embedded in my brain and her words...........'you could at least put it in a glass'.............she'd be about 15.
    The shame.
    I do not miss that feeling.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Mornin all..quick jump in...Jacs what do you think yer doing taking pics at our front gate?????:victorious:
      you could start a trend on awkward/dodgy situations we have been in with booze...anyone else care to join in?
      One of mine..long gone,just finished work..nipped into the offy small bottle of vodka ..jumped back into my car...big swig of it ..the theory was it wouldnt have time to get into my system before I got home...(about a fifth of a mile..)saw this car pull up behind me...it was Julie ...oops!!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning.
        Was drinking a glass of wine - but that wasn't enough - had a beer hidden in kitchen cupboard.
        DD looked for saucepan and saw the glass of beer. The look - the questions as to what is it doing there - I said dunno - she felt it and it was cold. She knew.
        :egad: MORTO !!

Comment

My husband and I were flying home and for the last leg, had a couple hour layover in the afternoon. Then it turned out there was a problem with one of the seats on the small plane home so one of us would need to take a later flight. I quickly volunteered and said I had reading to do for work anyway. He boarded. I promptly went to a bar near the gate. After a short while, he walked in! Turned out he thought it would be nicer to stay together so he got on the later flight. I felt awful that he'd found me there but the worst was that I wished he'd taken the earlier flight. I hate that I sometimes cared more about drinking than about the people in my life.

Comment

I have to comment that reading these stories really makes me think.
            So glad my drinking days are behind me, thanks for posting guys!
            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
              I have to comment that reading these stories really makes me think.
              So glad my drinking days are behind me, thanks for posting guys!
              Yep, it brings it home. Thank you.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Another one.
                For a number of months after I quit - my husband looking quickly around for the bottle when I was in a happy mood
                Happy mood in those days equated to drinking.....

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Another one.
                  For a number of months after I quit - my husband looking quickly around for the bottle when I was in a happy mood
                  Happy mood in those days equated to drinking.....
                  Towards the end, Satz, I'm not sure I was ever happy. At 4 or 5 each afternoon I finally felt something like ok after I started to drink. What a miserable life it had become.

Comment

Satz..likewise another one.....used to stash the bottles everywhere...but favourite place was the garage under the work bench where no one knew or went....until lI came home one day to find ,a bag full of bottles,superstrength lager cans and white cider bottles...all in the kitchen...oops number 2!!
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                      Satz..likewise another one.....used to stash the bottles everywhere...but favourite place was the garage under the work bench where no one knew or went....until lI came home one day to find ,a bag full of bottles,superstrength lager cans and white cider bottles...all in the kitchen...oops number 2!!
                      Oh Gawd !!!:nightmare:

Comment

Love these stories..

I cringe about all the sneakiness.
                        I would often have to lie with a sick child in the evening and be so annoyed because they were taking me away from my wine. But at some point I just brought the wine up beside the bed. My hand seemed to be permanently protecting a glass of wine beside one of the kids beds - thinking about it, not just if they were sick, story time too:culpability:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          morning.
                          Was drinking a glass of wine - but that wasn't enough - had a beer hidden in kitchen cupboard.
                          DD looked for saucepan and saw the glass of beer. The look - the questions as to what is it doing there - I said dunno - she felt it and it was cold. She knew.
                          :egad: MORTO !!
                          ha - I never liked beer but it was a short cut too getting a buzz on - Beer in a can in the fridge (not mine if you ask), glass of wine on the counter (My first glass if you ask).

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                            Cringe worthy to the nth degree.

Its beyond believe that we did this to ourselves......who were we kidding?
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Kuya, darling. My heart goes out to you. Yes, it does suck.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X