Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glycine, control cravings, combat insomnia and depression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glycine, control cravings, combat insomnia and depression.

I found this article while researching Glycine and Magnessium for sleep. I thought it may be useful to someone. ..(thanks Kuya for your advised on taking D3 for sleep. Very Helpful as i am very low on D vitamins. I started taking D3 at your advise, it worked but i was getting some tingling and headaches. I read that it needed to be taken with Magnessium if you experience this symptoms. I started taking Magnessium Oxide with it and my sleep is simply wonderful. I found out that Magnesium Glycirate was better for more than just sleep but for a whole slew of mental health issues from sleep, depression, addiction...etc. I ran into this article and iam sharing.

Glycine is critically involved in regulating ethanol (alcohol) consumption.[13] Elevating concentrations of glycine in the signalling junction between neurons has consistently been demonstrated to reduce alcohol intake,[13] and inhibit drug-seeking for cocaine and amphetamines.[14, 15] The mechanism of these effects is still poorly understood, but evidence suggests that increased glycine levels also attenuate the effects of amphetamines on the brain.[14]

To date, medicine has focused on blocking drug effects in order to treat and manage the physiology of addictions. The fact that glycine helps both attenuate the effects of drugs like alcohol, cocaine, and amphetamines, and to decrease the drive to consume these substances is very exciting. It’s so exciting, in fact, that a series of pharmaceutical drugs are currently being tested to modulate glycine uptake, in order to effectively increase the amount of glycine in the brain in therapeutic applications.[16] Human trials have not yet reported their results for most of these medications, but we do know that simply supplementing with oral glycine will have similar effects![3]

We can utilize oral glycine to decrease the urge to consume drugs and alcohol (both in addicts and among moderate users),[17] and to help block the effects when the drugs are consumed. But glycine doesn’t stop there! Supplementing with oral glycine can improve behavioural training to overcome addictions and prevent relapse (extinction training).[14, 18, 19] It’s unclear whether these improvements are related to improved memory recall, such that recovering addicts are able to remember and employ their cognitive behavioural techniques.[20] We do know, however, that changes to glycine levels in the brain correspond with improved attention, memory, impulsivity, emotional memory, and intellectual learning memory.[21] These traits are all negatively impacted with addiction, so a treatment protocol with potential “side effects” that help normalize behaviour-related changes opens a world of possibilities.

Glycine’s therapeutic uses to treat addictions go yet a step further. There is evidence that supplemental glycine helps reduce liver toxicity from chronic alcohol consumption and expedites recovery from alcohol-induced liver injury.[22]

Risks of oral glycine supplementation, even at therapeutic levels, are negligible. And so, for a vast number of reasons and applications, this little amino acid packs a big punch in addiction-recovery protocols.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

I started mag glycinate about a week ago,not sure if I dig if yet or if I'll go back to mag citrate
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I don't think I can take this one,I'm too lethargic on it,my muscles are weak,gives me headaches and broken sleep

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

While this does make me tired its also a great anxiety zapper,I take 100 mg capsule with a hot chocolate(another of Liz's ideas) and the anxiety really quiets down for a bit

Comment

Interesting about it helping the anxiety. Going to check it out.......
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Pauly, glad you revived this. Mag oxide actually works for me. It has helped me with sleep and constipation. Citrate keeps me up at night. I was on the way to update the Candida thread with my latest findings. I am now on a lemon water, Apple cider vinegar and cayenne regimen...and garlic which has literally changed my life. My acid reflux is gone, no constipation and depression is surprisingly gone. I mix the juice of close to one lemon in a cup of water first thing in the morning. I add one to 2 table spoonfuls of raw Apple cider vinegar....braggs is the best. I add cayenne pepper also. This optional but it helps with detoxification.I also add one clove of garlic to my smoothie daily. I have been drinking this religiously every morning and I couldn't be happier. The acv and garlic synergy is very powerful.I also take the magnesium oxide. This combo with healthy eating has greatly helped with my sinusitis and Candida. I still have some mild symptoms of Candida as I am still eating bread (i really tried to give this up....giving up alcohol was easier....lol) it's way more manageable. I drink the water first, then wait about 30 minutes for it to do its magic before taking my smoothie. I do mostly veggies and little fruit to minimize sugar. Key is to alkalize the stomach to control Candida.
            Last edited by lizker; August 2, 2016, 07:42 PM.
            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

After a while on mag glycinate,I've decided out of all the mag supps I've tried this one is the best,zaps anxiety and headaches but it does still make me sleepy so figuring out a better time to take it, it's weird cuz the capsules are only 100 mg but even that spread throughout the day is still making me tired,I was gonna take the mag oxide but I've read that it can burn the intestinal tract, don't need anymore of that alcohol did enough damage, anyway if you're anxiety prone,can't sleep give this a try

Comment

Re: Glycine, control cravings, combat insomnia and depression.

Decided to try magnesium malate for a couple of days,meh,first day upset my stomach,hard as heck trying to fall asleep, so I'm back to the glycinate...although it makes me lethargic sometimes at least my headaches are gone and I'm not pumping down Advil,I can fall asleep and I know if I'm anxious this kills it in 20 minutes

Comment

Re: Glycine, control cravings, combat insomnia and depression.

This stuff is great

Comment

Working...
                  X