X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

o

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Good for you Starlight, way to go! Don't worry about the sugar, give your body a fine dessert as a treat for not giving in to the CRAAAAAAAAVING!!!

Congrats on 2 days.
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Oh, so well done...

huge congratulations. I'm a day behind you, so watching you with huge feelings of support and all possible digits crossed for you. Know what you mean about 'lacklustre', Sunday will be my bad day. Suppose we need to find other ways of adding lustre, and let's face it, few things feel more lacklustre than the morning after a particularly lustrous date with 'our' drinkies, hmmm? Keep going. xx:goodjob:

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

I suggest you read Allen Carr's book "the easy way to stop drinking" he makes a good stab at how to look at it as giving up something you dont like anyways, as opposed to depriving yourself and using sheer willpower.

Congrats on the 2 DAYS!!!!!
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Thanks for your support diditforme........better to have a yummy dessert that wine, right??? lol

Eyesontheprize, let`s go for it!!! Is sheer Hell, but we all can do it. Thing is, we all have to do it for ourselves, but nice to have your company. Let`s try and keep each other going forward, and never back.............

Starlight Impress

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Thanks java-think Alan Carr`s perspective could help me.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Sweet Dreams

Well, I'm off to bed now, looking forward to waking up minus the creeping guilt and anxiety. I wish you a deeeeeeep peeeeaacceful sleeeeep and many happy dreams. Think how sodding proud you will feel of yourself in the morning ducky! xx

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Hiya, yes nothing can beat the waking up AF, wish I could remember the feeling when I am 'craving' at 9pm!! Well done to you and keep it up.

L
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

I'm so gosh darn proud of you and want to thank-you for telling us all about how you're feeling. This we we can say YAHOOOOOOOOOOO for you! ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Starlight, Starbright!
                    You are a STAR for sure! I hope you are sooooo proud of yourself. Yes, brag about it to us - we are so happy for you. :happy:
                    Don't think of it as giving up the wine. You're not giving something up so much as you are gaining
                    so many new and wonderful things - like waking up clear headed (and no headache or stomach ache), feeling proud of yourself and good about yourself. That is such a wonderful feeling. Focus on how wonderful that feels.
                    :goodjob: :l
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Starlight and Eyes - congratulations on getting started. L-glutamine really helps a lot with the cravings. I would get some from the health food store while waiting for your mwo shipment. Take it late afternoon and when a craving strikes. Listening to the hypno cds and hanging out here should take care of your evenings (what? we need a polish? our luster isn't showing?)

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Way To Go, we all have bad day's, and you are doing great
                        bear
                        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

Good Job Star Did you ever even think you would be able to do 1 day?

High 5.
                          Melissa
                          If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

You guys got me blushing now(lol), as I just woke up to find more of your encouraging messages of support.

Sincere thanks, Diditforme,eyesontheprize, Java, tea, Niblet, Mags, louise, MDbiker, rottrod and to you all at M.W.O., as you`ve just given me the belief that I get through this coming evening(my 3rd) without a drink. Now know that I am not at all physically dependent - it`s purely a psychological addiction in my case.

How`s it going, eyesontheprize?

Starlight Impress

Comment

Oh Dearie Me!!!!!

wow you are all inspiring me !
                              I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                              I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                              X