GOOD MORNING,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD MORNING,

im hoping its gonna b a good day, 4 all, i hope im not aggravating any 1 wiv my posts, or boring any1, i just wanted to say i think im starting to c the light, i cut down from on average of 14/15/ cans an brandy since sat,i even drank milk on sat nite, i stopped the beer at 8,30, a 1st 4 me, sun i got silly again in the day but by evening i was thinking about all u guys words, THANKS, mon my day off i had 6 beers all day!!! a miricale 4 me. i think my bf has took in what i said about keeping on filling the fridge, he is not buying any this week so its down to me if i buy a couple, these r the hard 1s to stop, the sneakin em in an stashing em or drinkin em when hes not there an in the mornings 4 the shakin, ill try any way, thats a step, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

GOOD MORNING,

Great Rachel! If you can slowly reduce your intake of alcohol for a while, it will make it easier to quit when you are ready. I think you really need and want to quit altogether, but this is a great first step-- cutting down (I was never very good at that). Keep thinking about us, and your kid and the rest of your life. We are rooting for you-- and I think I speak for the rest of us in saying that no, you are not aggravating us!
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

Hi rachel28,
      good for you on cutting down. Am day 3 AF, and truly think this is gonna be so very difficult at times. So saying, The fact that I haven`t had a drink the past 2 nights allows me to see that I can do this, if I summon all my courage, just as you can do this too.

I wish you much luck.

Starlight Impress

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

Hi Rachel, and starlight impress, How come you are up so early in the morning?

I only surface when it is time for my eldest to get up at 6am. Thats too early for a gal like me, although being af I can actually wake up and be ok at that time, before I would be up but not functioning till 3pm !!!
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

thanks u guys, an well done to you , ur my inspiration, if i can try reduce my plan is fight the physical, then the hard part is the mental right? i got to make a choice later wether to go pub while im waitin 4 bus home, its right opposite bus stop!! usually i miss it an have to wait an hr!! i hate the way your mind is constantly planning the next top up, an if theres gonna b a drop in the house in the morning, thats the part i hate, im looking forward to b able to go thriough the day wivout a can in my hand, i am on 1st now, that will b this morn thats good 4 me, i feel like a little fuzzy grey cloud, im smiling tho, i got a HUGE HILL to walk in a min , it kills me every time !! have good day xx

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

reply to diamond, good morning!!! im always up 6, bf goes work an i get up so i can get a go on computer, bf hates me on it an kids r always on, oh an so i can secretly have me morning medicine(BEER!) to those af well done im hoping soon i can say that 2 xxx

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

Hi Rachel, you're doing very well, remember its all just baby steps in the beginning, then before you know it you will be taking giant steps.. Good luck on your first day of being AF, and remember, we are all here for you..

Love, Louise xxx
              A F F L..
              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

thanks louise x i dont know if todays gonna b the day prob not, it may b the 1st day im not drunk, b4 or after work, so thats a big baby step!! c ya later im goin o get ready 4 work, at least i may miss bus cos im on computer not drinkin, im just swappin addictions , beer 4 computer!!! xxxx i must have an addictive personality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

You say "then the hard part is the mental right?" Well, this is both right and wrong. There are a lot of physical things going on in your body when you stop drinking that have a huge effect on your ability to stay sober-- that's where all the supps and good nutrition come in (it sounds like you probably get enough exercise getting to your job and in your job that you don't have to add any more to your schedule).

If you get good nutrition and take the supps recommended (you don't have to buy them from MWO and you don't have to be a fanatic about it) your body will have an easier time recovering and getting back in bqalance -- and you will feel better, and most important all of this will actually make it easier (less cravings) to stay away from drinking. Believe me, I have experience with this, having tried to stay sober both without and with supps/good nutrition and it is WAY easier with than without.

(btw, I can relate to that quiet early morning date with the computer and (ha ha) medicine. I think that's what I miss the most of all. But at least I sleep a little longer now.)
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

got 2 go work, thanks beatle i may pop in chemist not the pub !!!!

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

Morning all...

Well Starlight, you did it! another morning without that 'oh god I really wish I hadn't....' feeling. Am trying to live in the present, not get anxious about how I'll cope when the pressure to drink is really on, I suppose if your brain is used to being anxious it takes a while. Rachel, you made me laugh about the computer addiction, that was exactly what I was thinking too. I'm off for a VERY brisk walk when I sign off. Have a really good day everybody. I am so glad I found you lot, you could be the thing that makes this try the try that works. :thumbs: xx

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

Hi Rachel and Starlight and everyone,
                        this is the next morning - if u get my drift - so good morning.

I hope you both managed yesterdAY TO STAY AF?
                        Please let us know?

Love and hugs, Diamond xx

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

hi i wish i was af, i mannaged a 2nd day with dramatically reducing, i have gone from 15/16 plus to 5/6 4 2 days for me this has been hard enough, physically and mentally, i only have half a can left an only had this 1 2 begin. an no more in house, by now im up 5 usually, im gonna b trembling later, i got roast diner to serve ,oh no gravy and shakes!!! could b interesting, i think i have worked out y im aching so much, less alcohol, an also have not taken anphetamine 4 2 weeks, i really want to not drink 2day but know ill have 2 have a few to feel like me again, later as long as i do better than yesterday i can live with that, its the mornings that r worse , it sets me up 4 a day of thinking about pouring that stuff down me neck

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

Hi Rachel,
                            I understand but you are doing so well, I cut down a lot before going af. If i didn't cut down I could never have just gone af cold turkey.

I am in a way but not without cutting don 1st.
                            Good luck with roast dinner, - save a bit for me - I love roasts.
                            Love and kisses,
                            Diamond xx

ps. stay addicted to computer it doesn't hurt !

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

GOOD MORNING,

thanks, im gonna b late again!!! i shud b in the shower an ready, got 20 min!! at least only had 1 2 day, choices later, bf wont buy any this week, its down to me eeek!! i got 2 jobs 2 day shud keep me busy, c ya later, enjoy the day xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X