No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My heart hurts too guys. And today they are saying Disney was a potential target.

Closed on house yest. Going over today to check out some things. Dh doesn't want to move til Mon. Wish we could on Fri cuz we leave for Canada a week from Thurs. does not give us much time to get settled. Bag boy said he could help with some muscle either Fri or Mon, that is why I picked Fri but dh is being stubborn about it. Dang full blooded Germans!

Oh well, it will come together. Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hey all,TMH,congrats on the house Iagree that doesn't give you much time to settle in,I'd rather get stuff moved,leave and come back to a settled house,I heard that about Disney too this morning, also that he cheered 9/11 in class and his ex gf said he was abusive, what a scumbag! Today the kids are flying back to Portland,wish them safe travels and I hope we all have an easy day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - how are you doing with the kids leaving?

TMH - dang husbands
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Went to the vigil downtown yesterday evening

IMG_2935.jpg
          First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Really nice that you went aihfl.

Rusty - hope you got some rest.

:hiya: to everyone. Just don't have much to contribute lately. But, I'm here.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My cousin was a victim of a gay hate crime many years ago when they lived in Florida. They got run off the road. My cousins back was broken and as he laid there, they came down and stole his wallet and who knows what else.
              Why is there so much hate in the world? I don't understand.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am here too and am reeling from the Orlando shooting. I know a lot of people in Orlando and have worked there on and off for years.
                I'm in for the blankie fort too...
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm with you Nora, I cannot comprehend this kind of hate.

Comment

The disruption to life here is unbelievable and that's not even considering the sense of violation for everyone who lives here. The Friday night murder of Christina Grimmie happened in my neighborhood and the Pulse nightclub is nearby. Streets and businesses are still closed while the investigations take place.

It's unfortunate about your cousin, Nora. Even yesterday, as I was riding my bike back from the vigil, I didn't hear everything they said, but I heard two rednecks on the back of a motorcycle say something about "going to Pulse" and the word "faggots." It's sick that some people derive some sick pleasure from this.

On an unrelated note, I have been sharing my recycling cart with my neighbor. In the Orlando city limits, we get big carts the same size as the garbage cans and it's only picked up every two weeks. The neighbor fills probably 3/4 full with his beer and wine bottles and beer cans. It's not getting picked up again until Friday and I can't put anymore recyclables in it because it is already overflowing. I politely left a note that asked him to call Public Works and order a cart because I can't ask for another one. I even left the phone number. But him and his wife copped an attitude over it. They're not low-lifes, they are professionals with careers. I really wanted to tell them I wish I had stopped at the point they are now, but I kept my lip zipped. Concealing it in my own back yard seems passive aggressive, but I think it's going to have to come to that.
                    Last edited by aihfl; June 14, 2016, 01:05 PM.
                    First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Hi aihfl -thank you for your meaningful comments.
                      You never know who you might be helping.
                      Respectfully.

Comment

Hey guys. I'm here and not too much to report. Pauly, I hope you feel better.. Aihfl, how scary that it's right around where you live. Rusty glad you arrived safely. Hope you get a good nights sleep!
                        CJ and Mark were watching some comedian on netflix and I must admit it was just what the doctor ordered, My face muscle hurt from laughing. Definitely need to watch more comedies.

Comment

I love laughing that hard Liz!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey my lovely Steppers

I just want you to know that your friends in Australia are grieving about your most recent tragedy and are sending you all the love in the world. And particularly for anyone in the LGBTI community or those who have been particularly targeted by the recent event in Orlando.

To be honest - we find it hard to understand your gun laws, but that's a topic for another day.

Just know that we're thinking of you.
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Sweetheart Glassy-thank you for your kind words! You and our other friends Down Under must feel like the US is a very unsafe place to live based on this most recent attack.

Nora, soooo sorry to hear about your cousin!

aihfl-Too bad your neighbors gave you a hard time about the recycling bin since they were the reason it was almost full. The tragedy has hit you the hardest, I know, and I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

Mr. G:heartbeat:I know you won't marry me so could you at least please give me a ring and talk dirty to me on the phone? Hahahahaha. Just kidding. Well, only half kidding.:eek-new:

Comment

Hey all,hi Glassy not much going on with me,the kids flew out yesterday and Brady loved his first time flying so I'm not so worried anymore, allergies are fine one day and the next suck,I don't care anymore, if I can breathe fine,if not fine haha,Aihfl,that recycling bin situation is not fair!do they pay half? It would irritate my so bad,I've got neighbors right next door that will not pull their weeds! They're as tall as Lou !such an eyesore but I don't say anything cuz they're both bitches and we don't speak,hello to Liz,Nora,Rusty,Mama,AG,TMH,SK,I hope we all have an easy day

Comment

Working...
                                X