No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora do you work part time too? How many hours do you put in?

Comment

I wish I worked part time. I work 40+. Less than 45.

Off to get ready now. Yawn.........
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all,just a quick hi to all,Nora,I'm off Fri and Sun,we don't count hours in the biz cuz its how many I'm doing a day that counts,have a great day all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good day. Thanks for concern, Pauly. Looks as though storm will hit northern FL. Mama Bear, you are in Jacksonville, right? Be safe.
          Back to waiting game. Check to see if we have any new todo's on loan. So far none. However, believe they are in central time zone so,it is still early. And today may be the "congratulations" day.
          We all have our own issues. Those of you dealing with aging parents has to be hard. Dh and I are orphans, lost our parents sometime ago.
          Hope everyone has a good Monday.
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

have a great day everyone!!!

That makes sense, Pauly. How many clients do you usually see a day?

Liz - are you full time?
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I try for 20 Nora,not sure I'm up for that many today though,Mondayitis hi TMH
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

x-post TMH. Havr my fingers crossed for you.:thumbsup:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Grrr . . . Monday, hello again.

All is good here. I have been 100% consistent with the Nal for over a week now. I took Sun's advice and have a stash in my purse just in case. ( I just edited this to say I've followed EVERY PIECE of Sun's advice to the letter. A first for this weirdo!!) Thank you Sun!!

Red, so many big changes in your life lately! House, puppy, roommate . . . be kind to yourself! Anyone of those things would up my stress meter. Just know you have many people in your corner on this thread and I'm sure other threads too. Thanks for the update and I wish you all the best in moving forward. It might take time though, that's life sometimes.

It is my sons last week of school. They are so ready!! Personally, I'm ready to be done with (their) homework too. I need to make a canoe today out of paper for a character monologue prop. I'm not very crafty so wish me luck! Rightly or wrongly, I've always helped my sons with the "art" stuff. They hate it and it doesn't go into their grade at this level of their schooling so who cares.

I'm a little bored at work. I'm not sure if that impacts the AL voice or not. Hmm . . . need to watch that.

Let's try to make this a great day, even if its Monday!!!
                  Last edited by actiongirl46; June 6, 2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Hey guys. Thanks for the kind words.
                    Yes, we are hunkering down for Tropical Storm Colin. I have been on the phone all day making sure everyone is ready. I have one property, that happens to have a very nasty owner) that floods when it sprinkles, so we are all very anxious about this storm.
                    I went to the dermatologist today and had a chunk scraped off my nose and my chest. The doctor is pretty sure it is basal cell carcinoma and that' the best kind of skin to have if you have to have skin cancer.:thumbsup:
                    Nora - I SOOOOOOOOO understood your post. Nana and Hubs wear me out some days too. It's funny, Bret and I either adore each other or can't stand each other......cray cray.
                    Lizz - we binge watch Netflix like mad...I just Orange is the new Black for hubs. I have seen it, but he hasn't. I had forgotten how funny it is.
                    Be careful ToMyHealth with the storm.
                    Hi Pauly, Beloved Rusty, lizz, AG, Frances and Sunnibutt!!
                    Back to work with my boo boo nose!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama Bear Dear, I bet your nose looks fine! Glad it was the "best" kind of cancer you could have. :yay:

Comment

And Red....I am so sorry about all the s**t you are going through, hun.
                        Rusty....you crack me up.
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Raining cats and dogs. We are in a tornado warning presently. Supposed to be lifted soon.
                          Ok, just announced it's expired. We are only 1 week into hurricane season.

Wasting my day checking emails every 5 min and watching tv. Have done 3 mi of Leslie Sansone walking DVD. Will do 2 more.

Thanks, Nora, for crossing your fingers. Awfully frustrating. This too shall pass.
                          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

ActionGirl-I have the Leslie Sanson Walking DVD. It's in its case...covered with dust. Hahaha!

Where do you live that you are under a tornado warning?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              ActionGirl-I have the Leslie Sanson Walking DVD. It's in its case...covered with dust. Hahaha!
                              Wait a minute.......I thought that's how you were supposed to keep those exercise DVDs????????????????
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Lol ladies, if you keep those DVDs long enough and in the original packaging they may just be worth something someday:congratulatory:

Nora, I work part time, three days a week. I'm supposed to be 24 hours but usually do more than that if I can. I consider myself blessed that I do not have to work full time.

Mama, may I ask what made the spots suspicious and how were they removed. I haven't been to the dermatologist in awhile and I think I need to get a spot on my cheek checked out. It's just so hard to get an appt with her. Hope you're feeling ok.

Just a beautiful day here! Mark was hanging out in the pool and got a bit of sun burn. His last week of freedom and he is enjoying every minute. We BBQ tonight a sure sigh summer is upon us.

Hope you guys in Florida are ok. It's a little early for tropical storms and hurricanes. I hear the water is warm for this time of year. Hoping there won't be any major hurricanes this year. We are still reeling from Sandy.

Comment

Working...
                                X