No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Clay's car broke down and his girlfriend of 5 years broke up with him. He is in his room crying.
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Oh Mama - I am so sorry. What in the world happened?~?~?~?
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NS - thanks. I'll check them out tonight.

The thing is that I am doing ok. BUT, when I need to talk to someone that understands, it would be nice to know there is someone still out there.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Poor Clay what a shitty day he's had
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nora, I am always here for you! I will PM you my cell.

Mama so sorry about Clay! My nephews girlfriend broke up with him last Friday. My nephew was texting her and hit a tree, totaled his car! He is devastated, crying and not eating. OMG, I so get, where you're at. Hope he is ok. If I remember correctly,this isn't the first time?

Rusty, have a good week, commuting and all.

Had a nice weekend and a nice day. Hubby and I spent some time in the pool today and I honestly can't think of a better way to start the summer season! Last night after Erin's house we had sissy, BIL and my niece over and just sat outside by our fire pit, a long lazy summer night, I love it, we had hot dogs and marshmallows . I plan on being outside again tonight as I love these long summer nights.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
              I wonder what Ne would say about inviting everyone on MWO to theendofmyaddiction.org. The threads could have the same names, people could keep their usernames and if that site is "findable", maybe there would be new members. I joined that site as NS awhile ago but didn't find too many threads like the ones I read and/or post on here. Or, move en masse to Sober Recovery or something like that.
              I would not make the move to either site, personally. First of all, I've been told by several "fixtures" in the medication forum that I wouldn't even be allowed to register, and second, as Byrdie said a few months back, that site doesn't seem to be the end of anyone's addiction and that it is basically a collection of alcoholics enabling each others' drinking while waiting for a medical cure. Second, I don't think most people here would enjoy soberrecovery.com. If you think I can be dogmatic, you ain't seen nothin' yet. If you're into twelve-step all day every day, you'll like it. But I don't think most people here are.

The date with the psych professor went great! I hope we are officially an item now! I can't gush enough about how great she is. She has double doctorates in both applied mathematics and psychology. I barely made it through one doctorate and I can't imagine EVER pursuing a second one.

My ex-wife sent me this video of a "ninja alligator." Far from being lumbering, clumsy creatures, this video makes you appreciate how agile and fast they can be.

I hope everyone is having a nice evening. It's a beautiful one in Central Florida. Today only got into the mid 80s and the humidity was low (for here) about 40-50%. I'll take it for Florida in June because we won't have many of those until probably November.
              First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

I don't think Ne would mind and maybe we could have our own thread. There are some who are still living in their disease and enable but that's not ALL of eeoma.

Tonight is summer solstice and full moon.

Had a good day helping kids sell cherries they just picked and lemonade.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

fun day SK.

Liz - you are such a doll. Thank you.I'm doing ok but been stressed out. Thank you so . :heartbeat:

Yesterday morning and again as I was driving home a couple hours ago, I had a dizzy spell. Not dizzy I guess but almost passing out. So, guess hubby it's forcing me to go to the Dr.

On my Kindle so can't respond to everyone. I didn't get home until after 7 and I'm already laying in bed.

More tomorrow. xxxoo

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Mama and Liz I’m so sorry about your boys being in such pain. It’s horrible to have to watch the young ones we love going through that.
                    Nora you sound like you’re having a tough time of it too. Sending hugs as always.
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Buenos Dias all,hey Ne,I was just wondering yesterday if anyone has been in contact with whoever owns this site,I am really wondering what is going on with it,its totally weird how abandoned it feels,this all reminds me of when MWO was down for maintenance and Nursie had a bridge forum up to tide us over,well when MWO was up again all of us steppers just sort of stayed on Nurses site haha,it was just kinda funny,anyways hope all are well,Mama,how's Clay? Skendall,cherries sound good this morning actually, Liz,how's my Lucy? Took Winslow for a walk last night,rather he took ME for a jog,it was still really hot and I think he just wanted to get it over with,Nora,Cali is breaking heat records,you getting any of it? My coworkers showed up yesterday late and still drunk from the night before,so loud and annoying and I swear I work for a circus,so over it! Hope we all have a spectacular Tuesday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all!

I'm sorry that I made it seem like I'm down. I'm doing fine. Been having some issues with hubby but such is marriage.

Mama - sending big hugs to your baby.

I'm at work and have to run.

I agree with everyone else regarding the future of this site. I'm in the process of making sure I have everyone's contact information organized. I have numbers & e-mails in different places. So, I'm organizing that. So, if anybody feels like sending me their info (thanks Liz) again, I would appreciate it.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I just finished teaching an industry relayed class to a room full of people and sweet Nora texted me in the middle of it to check on Clay. Talk about a good friend!! Clay is ok and yes, Lizz...this is not the first time. He has dumped her a few times. He does not make her a priority, so this is his fault. He swears he will win her back. We shall see. It still hurts to see him cry. Lizz, was it your nephew that crashed his car?? Good Lord!! I hope he is ok.
                          I won't get involved in forum politics. I just know I love my peeps here.
                          Nora- smack Scott and make him be nice!
                          Gotta go sit in traffic.......Hi Glassy, Ne, aihfl (Mr. Romance), Pauly and everyone...
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi guys! Mama, my boys haven't started dating yet but I know I'm right behind you on that. Poor kid!!

Pauly, that would not be fun to work with people who are still drunk from the night before. Ugh. And, in my book, ANYONE who is being loud before 12:00pm is incredibly annoying and rude. So sorry you have to deal with that, but at least you are not hungover as well!

Nora, Ne, SK, Rusty, aihfl and everyone else - I'm one for staying put but that's just me. That being said, I'll go wherever you guys go. Nora, I'll pm you my contact info just in case.

My house is empty as the boys are at Boy Scout camp with hubs. My childhood friend is here and we have been talking non-stop. I have told her about the drinking escalation the last few years and the Nal. I had to convince her I had an AL problem, ha ha!! At least I'm over convincing myself, I know it and now am just continuing to work on it. I'm also (mostly) over the shame of it. All people have problems, this is just mine. I'm grateful to you all and MWO for helping me come this far. I have a long way to go, but as Frances says, there's nothing else to do but keep trying!

Have a great day all! Its the longest day of the year! AG

Comment

Hey all -

Ok - subject is dropped. We are staying here.

Did I tell you that I got a tattoo on my ankle yesterday?

"Make each day count"

So - now I have 3 tattoos. The person that would never have dreamed of getting one. LOL

"One Step at a Time" on my foot

"Be Happy" on my forearm
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Quick check in, I have not read back but I will. Working overtime and dealing with the drama. Have a good night. If I can I'll check in tomorrow at work

Comment

Working...
                                X