No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVE the blankie fort, Nora! Only you would come up with something so clever.

Hi Mama! Check in, please!

GLASSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, RED67...........................MR.G.............. ..............................HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!:happy2:

Comment

I love the blankie fort :love: I bought some magic shell today for the ice cream I'll bring along!
      I love that your mom has such a sense of humor Nora! Precious times with her. I haven't played Yahtzee in years. Not sure I would even remember how.
      Did a lot of reading today, too. It was such a beautiful day. Sissy and I just floated around in the pool. Got myself a touch too much sun.

Comment

Oh my gosh - I can't wait Liz. What wonderful treats you are bringing. JC is bringing scones, too!

Yahtzee is so fun. I love it. We played on Christmas eve a couple years ago but I was drunk. It's so much more fun to play sober.

Rusty - I hope that everyone comes out of hiding soon. We haven't seen Frances or TMH for ages. Mama & Red either.

Techie - Have a fun evening.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glassie - are you celebrating your birthday today?
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ok, I have loved my one-week time alone in my house but am so loving tonight . . . getting the teenagers (and their dad) herded into bed. I love having all my little ducklings in the roost. Enjoying it now, so soon they will be gone.

Enjoy today, whatever it brings - AG

Comment

Oh great AG! I'm so glad that you are having a wonderful time. You are right, you blink and they are grown up. Enjoy every minute. :heart:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

as promised cheese scones.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                  Glassie - are you celebrating your birthday today?
                  Nora the kids came over yesterday and brought a feast. Seriously, there was so much food I could have invited the Steppers and the Army and still had enough for the rest of MWO.

And then they did a few hours work in the garden for me which was lovely.

:heartbeat:
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good day everyone! Move is mostly done, and now we are in Canada to celebrate my youngest grandson here h.s. Graduation. Home party is this afternoon; actual graduation is Wed night & we leave for Toronto in wee hours to catch 10:00a flight. Dd takes a class in Toronto once/week and says it takes her 3 hrs what with the construction. Figuring 3 hrs + rental car dropoff and Customs and security we better allow 5-6 hrs. Those of you who travel in your jobs- no envy here.

Yest was fun. Went to Air Show at Canada's largest Air Force base in country. We all had dinner together (dd family, my ex and his wife and us) but then were able to go to apt that they own to have peace & quiet. Thankfully, they put their 2 dogs in kennel yest & for today's party. Constant barking. They are moving July 7 to this apt. Can't imagine having dogs above their business. Guess they are getting bark collars.

Happy Birthday, Glassie! Yes, AG, my dd will be experiencing exact same thing. Her oldest lives/ works in Toronto now, 2nd one plays hockey for RIT but home til mid Aug and now the youngest will be going off to Ottawa to play hockey this next year. Be very different for them. But that's your job - to raise them to be responsible adults. I know, doesn't make it easier (((sigh))).

Hi Nora, Rusty, Pauly. Wonderful looking scones, JC!

Feels good to catch up here. Going to enjoy family this week, then back to reality & boxes come Thursday. Have a great rest of the weekend!
                    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Good Morning Steppers and Army Friends!

A cheery hello from the plane en route to Tampa. I will shop till I drop at the International Mall near the airport before I head for the hotel in Clearwater.

Nora, your story about your Mom squeezing you after Yahtzee made me laugh so hard...you said you got even with her...what did you do, squeeze her THERE? Haha. Playing any game or going to any event is much more fun sober. I was at my friend's birthday party yesterday and I was quite happy with club soda. No one cares what's in your cup anyway. No one asked me what I was drinking...I had a lemon and lime in my glass and people probably assumed it was vodka and something. One of my friend's friends doesn't drink at all and we bonded 2 years ago at a party my friend held at a resort near my house. She and I were the only sober ones at that party and we were in a small group of non-drinkers at the party yesterday, too. One huge benefit in not drinking was that I left the party yesterday and came home and got a bunch of things done around the house..including packing and business tasks, too. Had I been drinking...I would have come home and zoned in front of the TV like a slug. I would tell myself that I was "relaxing" with my bottle of scotch/whiskey (you know, after I decided wine didn't get the job done anymore). I used to do that ALL the time at the end of my drinking career. What a colossal waste of time.

AG, Liz, Glassy...sounds like yesterday brought relaxation mixed in with happy family time...good for you!

TMH-Great to see you here....busy lady you are! I have a new client in Ottawa and I will be going there the end of October. It's been years since I've been there.

Jacks-love the scones...does everything you eat have cheese in it? ;-)

Ok, time to do some work.

Hellos to Mama, Pauly, Skendall, Techie, Mr. G, Aihfl, Molly, IamMary, Satz and anyone I missed, Happy Sunday!

Comment

hello everyone. I slept in today!! It's 8:30 and I just woke up.

I'm having a scone and I'll be back.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning. I am off to adventure. Have a great day steppers!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
                            I was missing K9 last night......
                            Yes, I miss her too. We shared the same birthday - exact same month, day and year.
                            First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                              Oh my gosh - I can't wait Liz. What wonderful treats you are bringing. JC is bringing scones, too!

Yahtzee is so fun. I love it. We played on Christmas eve a couple years ago but I was drunk. It's so much more fun to play sober.

Rusty - I hope that everyone comes out of hiding soon. We haven't seen Frances or TMH for ages. Mama & Red either.

Techie - Have a fun evening.
                              Nora - tell JC if she brings scones she MUST bring clotted cream!!!
                              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                as promised cheese scones.

But you can't have clotted cream with cheese scones JC !
                                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
                                X