No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is clotted cream?:questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questio nmark:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello everyone - sorry that I wasn't around for the blankie party & yummy scones.
      Hit the ground running today. Finally sitting down for a minute.

My brother stopped by on his way back to Oregon to tell Mom goodbye. He & I went outside & talked. Some sad talk but I am so grateful that we are both on the same page. I always hear those horror stories of families fighting & stealing from each other. He has noticed a big decline from January to now. I have noticed too but I guess it wasn't so drastic for me. He was able to really see the difference. I just told him that I'm planning on keeping her at home until the end. Or until it is just impossible.

But - we are having a wonderful Sunday. Went for groceries this morning. Spent some time with my brother and our son & DIL and mom. Now I'm off to do some chores.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
        What is clotted cream?:questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questio nmark:
        A little light reading.

Clotted cream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Very interesting. Does it taste anything at all like the butter here?
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well dishes are done. But, not much else. Ha, ha. I bought a watermelon this morning. I think I'll go see how it tastes. I do not know how too pick them.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
              Well dishes are done. But, not much else. Ha, ha. I bought a watermelon this morning. I think I'll go see how it tastes. I do not know how too pick them.
              With clotted cream

BTW I'm not sure what it tastes like..........don't think I've ever had it.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Not on my watermelon. :harhar:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all,Nora,I can't pick a watermelon either I usually just get the presliced(expensive) cups or bowls of it,busy day for us,drove to Henderson so Brady could pick up a computer he bought with the money he made in Portland,stopped at Panera and got lunch,was eyeballing the chocolate chip muffin tops and cinnamon scones drizzled with glaze but settled on iced coffee,trying to lose my gut,but it makes life boring,didn't care before but now clothes are feeling snug and I can't blame the dryer for things I haven't worn in a year haha,everyone sounds great,makes me
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Makes me Happy too Pauly. It's so hard to resist things at Panera. Yummy.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello, we have an all day sun today.

TMH say hello to my friends and family in Toronto. Useless bit of trivia, Toronto is the 4th largest city in N.A. and 130 languages spoken there. It's nicknamed "New York, run by the Swiss". Had a great life there.

Not much going on here. The kids I set up with their cherry picking business have made about $15.00 and I've donated old books for them to sell. They are too funny wanting to put their $15.00 "back into the company" and are calling it the Cherry Corp. love it. I hired one to do 3 small jobs for me at $2.00/job. He went back to see his dad to see if that was appropriate (it was). He moved a table, fixed a vacuum cleaner and changed a bulb in my fireplace. Good deal, he brought his 3 yr. old brother who went sniffing around looking for candy. I always have those suckers on hand that I get free at the bank.

I record Anthony Bourdain and I've been binge watching. Vivian won another ice skating championship.
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Nora, on the clotted cream, had it lots in U.K. trips and Whole Foods used to carry it. On a warm scone or English muffing, split in half and slather jam and clotted cream, bite into it and sigh.

Nora, bless your mom - and you.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SK - that is so sweet with your little cherry company. :hug: You are making those kids summer.

I'm intrigued now with the clotted cream - sounds pretty good, actually.

Fantastic with Vivian's award.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            With clotted cream

BTW I'm not sure what it tastes like..........don't think I've ever had it.
                            You have NEVER had clotted cream? Oh - clotted cream is LOVELY! Scones, butter, jam and clotted cream - s'cuse me while I wipe the drool off the keyboard! And you cannot get it here 'cos it needs to be made with raw milk which apparently is illegal to sell here (where I live anyway). I do miss clotted cream! I ALWAYS have cream teas when I am back home though to make up for it.

Hi everyone! Sorry to pop in and talk about yummy food that we can't get! Hope you are all doing okay ....

Hugs, Sun

Oh and you CAN get it in little jars here but it is not the proper stuff - it is a sort of pretend type - hard to explain really ..... LOL
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend.

Rusty - hope you don't work too many hours next week.

Liz - how are you doing? Been thinking of you.

Catch you all tomorrow. :sleeping::sleeping:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post Sunni - I guess you would have to own a cow to get raw milk. When I was little, I tasted raw goat milk. uke:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X