One Step at a Time - June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
    x-post Sunni - I guess you would have to own a cow to get raw milk. When I was little, I tasted raw goat milk. uke:
    ROTFLMBO Nora !!!!
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I do remember the "proper" clotted cream on our visits to London. Yummy indeed! You've got my mouth watering. Erin would take me for a proper English tea. So enjoyable.
      I was at panera this weekend too. Those pastries are calorie bombs. CJ used to work there and bring the leftovers home at night when she closed. We would refer to it as "Panera Tuesdays". I love their iced green tea!
      Went to see Finding Dory tonight and it was cute. A nice respite. My mom called me around lunch time, a very dear close friend of the family passed away suddenly this morning. My parents are quite upset. Mom can ususally keep her emotions in check, but not today. They just spoke with him yesterday and he said everything was fine. Truly the kindest most wonderful guy. He was 90. I know my son was watching me to see if I'd "run an errand" (aka al). Didn't even think of it or want it.
      I definitely need the blankie fort tonight

Comment

Liz - sending you great big hugs and healing energy. The blankie fort is up and filled with soft blankets & pillows and kleenex and lots of love.:hug:
        You are doing so well on this AF journey we are on. I just want you to know that I do notice and am so very happy for you. You are showing us all how to get it done.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Liz - I cleaned up the blankie fort from earlier this week. And I restocked with gummy bears and chocolate. Swept up all the popcorn. Snuggle in and enjoy!

Comment

I've never heard of clotted cream in my life . . . interesting!!

Comment

One more post tonight! My family and I leave for our annual five week trip to our cabin in Alaska tomorrow. Our internet is spotty at best. So . . . if I don't post, don't worry too much about me until August. I may be able to read on my phone (at times) but connecting and typing may be difficult.

I am doing well. I have much hope that the Nal is going to work. I have been very consistent with following all the directions (thank you Rusty and Sun!!). After four weeks I feel a slight change, but they say it takes 3 -4 months. I continue to struggle (but so so much better than earlier this year) however, I am still very committed to this journey. I so appreciate all of you, your honesty, your truth with where you are at, and your unconditional support for wherever I am at . . . thank you for welcoming me to this thread just as I am. I love u guys!! AG

Comment

Goodnight everyone. I had quite a busy day. Time for a little clotted cream and a lie down. See you all tomorrow xoxo
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Safe travels, AG.

Sleep well, Techie.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AG, have a wonderful time! Five weeks away sounds fabulous! What do you guys do all day? I'm so glad you are doing better. I will miss you posting, but if you get a chance I would love to hear about life in Alaska! Just a typical day, you know?
                    I had a wonderful night in the cozy blankie fort, thanks for setting it up. I spoke to our friends daughter last night and to my mom. I was seriously worried about my dad's reaction as this was his very best friend. Sad, but everyone seems to be doing ok. The world is looking a little brighter this morning.
                    Enjoy your Monday.

Comment

I think its weird when MWO enters my dreams,I dreamt i was putting clotted cream in my coffee,do they even do that?? So weird
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Liz,glad everyone is taking his passing ok,it is hard,regardless of age,AG have a safe trip hello to all,more coffee

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

got to run. Have a great day all. I just realized that i hit 11 months yesterday. ME?!? :happy2: it was amazing to realize.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Congrats Nora

Comment

SK, thanks for sharing about Toronto. Sounds like you miss it. We normally just run in & out of airport but one year we were surprising granddaughter when she was in her first play. We arrived day early so spent the night in Toronto. It is definitely one of the highlights of our married life. Made early dinner reservation. As soon as we ordered a drink, bartender said you are American. Learned IF you do drink you need to stick to wine or beer, a drink is lots of ice with a tsp of liquor. But the funniest thing was, we smack dab had landed ourselves on Church and College streets, center of the gay district. Couple more things happened that evening as we explored Toronto, and we laughed so hard. I described it as NY with a European flair.

Liz, so sorry to hear of the loss of your parents' friend. Glad things look better this Monday.

AG, have fun! Sounds like a great relaxing getaway.
                              Am also person who has never heard of clotted cream. ??

Interesting physical thing - I either golf or walk 3-4-5 miles everyday. While here dh & I went out Fri for an hour walk. We neded to buy Canadian money. Sat we were so sore. Went to air show. Yest wanted to go for walk. Dh too sore to join me. Went for another hour & this time stretched after. Still quads are sore. Reason? FL is flat. Up down gentle hills here, wow what a difference on the muscles. Hills are your friend.

Well have rambled enough. Have a great Monday!
                              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                                I think its weird when MWO enters my dreams,I dreamt i was putting clotted cream in my coffee,do they even do that?? So weird
                                I cannot imagine having clotted cream in ones coffee! Yuck! It is way best on a scone with butter, jam and lashings of the clotted cream! YUM !!!
                                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
                                X