No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora, didn't realize you weren't feeling great. Hope they figure out what's wrong and can fix it! I had that off balance feeling too. Never did figure out what it was all about. Thankfully it's better now.
    Rusty, does your neck still bother you? Glad work is going well down in sunny FL. Will you be home for the 4th?
    I'm going to go google Gabapentin.

Comment

Hi Liz, Pauly, Rusty, TMH, Mama, et al. In a rush so I could not read further back. Feel better Nora. I had some funky thing last week where I was getting dizzy spells for two days then poof I was better. Very odd thing. Sending light to all those in need!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning! A beautiful day here on my side of the world. I hope everyone is feeling better this morning. Running is on my agenda in a bit. I'm gonna loose these few extra pounds if it kills me, and it may well. Then some reading in the pool. Wishing you all an easy Thursday.

Comment

Liz ,you crack me up you're such a tiny thing,ate too much junk yesterday, Canes chicken and fries for lunch,then a triple chocolate ice cream cone after dinner,what a pig! Feeling it today though,hello to all and I hope we all have a nice day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rusty....are you near north Fla??
            Feel better sweet Nora. I am glad you went to the doc.
            I will check out the Gaba too. I live on 600 mg Motrin for my neck and back.
            No big news here. Just working. I need to clean my messy office and head out to visit the sites.
            Smooches to all.
            Hi techie!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey all - silly me, I thought it was July. osteroops:
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It is tomorrow!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

My addiction shrink from my first rehab put me on gabapentin to help with alcohol cravings and sleep. I'm on a 900mg a day dose. He directed me to take 300mg three times a day, but I couldn't tolerate the daytime dizziness and drowsiness that came with it, so I take it all at once at night. I've never taken it for pain, so I can't say how effective it is. I'm coming up on four months and my sleep cycles are now normal, so I wonder if I need anything anymore. I am already taking Remeron (mirtazapine) for depression, and that already is one of the official antidepressants of sleepy-bye-land. I'm trying to take myself off medications I feel have served their purpose. Lifelong insomnia was one of the reasons I drank, not knowing that alcohol disrupts sleep, so the larger my tolerance became, the more I'd drink to sleep and the less I'd actually sleep. I haven't slept this well since I was probably a small child.
                  Last edited by aihfl; June 30, 2016, 01:44 PM.
                  First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Hi all! Alaska is good. It is a mental health break for me. Just checking in and wishing you all a good day!!

Nora, what the heck is going on? That sounds weird, I hope they figure it out soon.

Take care - AG

Comment

That's funny Nora, cause I had no idea when July was starting! I'll have to see if you started the thread?
                      Mama, be careful with the Motrin. It can cause stomach ulcers, which then bleed.
                      AG Alaska sounds so wonderfully. . .away! I'm glad you're enjoying it.
                      Sissy called and BIL is bummed, yet another job he was turned down for. I'm trying to be positive and supportive, it's really been a struggle for them. Other than that nothing new here. Good night, sleep tight:love:

Comment

Working...
                      X