• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army now open week beginning 6th June 2016

Well apart from when we're asleep
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Morning Jackie and all to come. I'm enjoying the good weather over here. Still haven't got my laptop fixed I was tired down all last week as the council have fitted a new kitchen for me. white units with black granite worktop. I'm hoping it will be finished soon. Just one more cupboard door on order and the tiles to be done. I''ll check in when I can.

Comment

Hello there Glitzy,

Brought this over from last week

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

So, was the wedding perfect up to the point of the BBQ? then it got messy??
      Just that last hour..........I wasn't craving a drink, in fact watching that lot have put me off for another few years .........even with the last hour it was pretty perfect and I'm sure if I'd grabbed my glass of diet (shudder) cloudy lemonade and barged in I'd have been more than welcome...........I'm think it was just me...........by then I was very, very tired.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dragging myself over to new thread:

Morning Army - how are we today?
        Rox & Tabbs and others please check in - a 'good morning' is better than nothing .................... we are struggling to keep this thread alive.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Hello there Glitzy,

Brought this over from last week

Just that last hour..........I wasn't craving a drink, in fact watching that lot have put me off for another few years .........even with the last hour it was pretty perfect and I'm sure if I'd grabbed my glass of diet (shudder) cloudy lemonade and barged in I'd have been more than welcome...........I'm think it was just me...........by then I was very, very tired.
          I really think the last hour or two is painful...... but the people we are with need to put themselves in our shoes.
          When I think that I get very annoyed sometimes - no way would Mr S put up with that if he wasn't drinking.
          My sister says she wouldn't even go out if there was no drinking involved.

We have moved on to me being dropped back & he goes out alone...... suits me fine to be honest.

Comment

Good morning Troopers!!

Is anyone around or have yis all buggered off out into the sunshine? Oh, wait, that would be me. Lovely sunny day here and supposed to go up to 27C. Although I did take a quick peek at the Geordie weather today and it looks warm and sunny, so JackieClaire may well be lolling in the garden with Bess right now. Dublin looks warm as well but could use some sunshine. Would send some your way if I could!!

Wishing you all a lovely day....
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi Stirly and Satz. Its warm in Dublin today but a bit cloudy. the sun is in and out though. its our June bank holiday weekend.

Comment

Morning gang.
                Stirly, sun is splitting the stones right now, but hazy 5 miles up
                The road according to my folks.
                Storms forecast which seems odd as we are basking in it now!!
                Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                I really think the last hour or two is painful...... but the people we are with need to put themselves in our shoes.
                When I think that I get very annoyed sometimes - no way would Mr S put up with that if he wasn't drinking.
                My sister says she wouldn't even go out if there was no drinking involved.

We have moved on to me being dropped back & he goes out alone...... suits me fine to be honest.
                Yep, agree it's the last few hours. I went off early on sat night (as I had one of the kids) and said I'd come back shortly (lie - my mother tried to take over the babysitting but I insisted!). There comes a point in the night that no one actually notices, so if you can get away with the lie of coming back, then leave without a scene, result.
                I drank lime and sparkling water from a wine glass too, so looked like everyone else!!
                Look at me full of confidence again now that it's behind me. :happy2:
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Just had a thunder storm here with heavy rain and lightening. Just stopped about 30 mins ago it freaked one of my poor cats out. Off to visit an old friend later.

Comment

Luckily my little brother only gets married once every 26 years...........I'll know what to expect at the next one
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Got togged up in my shorts and top, with my book and reading sunglasses to have a bit of a sit in my new garden furniture and unfortunately there was a pretty nippy wind about. Was out about 10 minutes and gave in to joggy bottoms and cardi.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good Afternoon and Evening, Army!

Happy to be unhung and happy on a Monday afternoon. Do not miss Hangover Mondays.

A cheery hello to all you lovely people here.

Comment

yoo hoo folk ..big jump in ..how are yizall?grand I hope..weather was luvverly today....a mere 31 degrees!!sitting dans le jardin avec my kindle this aft..rabbits out playing...now got a heid like a swan vestas match...but I reckon the promised rain will cool it down.....anyone been up to anything speshul today?

I know wot you mean Rusty...but the phrase unhung doesnt really sit well with me......
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening gang.
                            31 Mick! Send a few degrees over to JC there.. we are still baking a bit here..

Bank holiday here Rusty, so the old us would be deathly hungover today and well topped up by now, starting to worry about the degree of hangover to be had if we just have one last mouthful, aka, a large glass.
                            Good riddance.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning lovelies,
                              No work today............working tomorrow
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X