• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army now open to all. Week beginning 13th June 2016

Apart from when we're asleep.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Looks to me like you all slept pretty late :wink:.

I spent the weekend hanging out with my SIL and her bottle of wine each evening. It wasn't a problem and I had no interest in joining her so I guess whatever was up with me last week has passed. I was so grateful that I hadn't opened that door a crack by drinking that one little bottle - I suspect it would have been much harderto stay on track this weekend. Complete abstinence is just so much easier :smile:.

Comment

mornin all ...hows the barmy army today then?all good?few beauty sleeps going on then...hiya ns..good for you not having the little drinky poos ...as you say it would have been a bit harder I reckon if you had belted it..
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

That sign is so Las Vegas Jackie hope this is a great week for us all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening,
          My bed was very moreish this morning,Sugarbabe, June 13th and I had to put the heating on.:egad:

Pauly, tried to persuade my daughter to get married in Vegas.........they still haven't set a date and me and the other mother-in-law's hats are gathering dust

Mick, although anyone can jump in here, it would be grand to see some old faces.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ah I posted on the old thread this morning. Again.
            I would love to visit Vegas one day, we did consider getting married there, but didn't want to upset the rellies! No regrets, but it's on my list. Plus Seattle and Canada (bits of it), for starters..
            Is it that chilly Jacks?? Weather turned here, but still humid, I'm sure the chill is coming.

Good for you NS, that could be difficult, depending on your frame of mind.

Exam Wednesday.. Back to the books. Night xx
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Late again. Mother demanding a lot of time these days.
              What are you studying Mers ?

Comment

Morning,
                No heating on this morning

Sugarbabe, does your sister get drunk on her bottle of wine and start talking loudly and wandering off subject?

:hug: to your mammy, Satz and one for yourself :hug:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Sugarbabe, does your sister get drunk on her bottle of wine and start talking loudly and wandering off subject?
                  She used to (and it got very annoying and boring) but over the last year has changed the way she eats (to one I approve of :wink and has cut back enormously on the amount she drinks. The one bottle lasted 2 nights. I told her that if I could have just cut down like she did, I probably wouldn't have quit.

Comment

Afternoon.
                    Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    Late again. Mother demanding a lot of time these days.
                    What are you studying Mers ?
                    It's only a 3 day course Satz.. But v intense. We can all keep going to the next level but I find all the business gargan repetitive and annoying, but the underlying concepts are good.
                    Knot in my stomach about the exam. Studying later so prob won't log on here till tomorrow.
                    Hope your mams ok.. Patience. :hug:

Was going to ask the same question JC!
                    Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                    She used to (and it got very annoying and boring) but over the last year has changed the way she eats (to one I approve of :wink and has cut back enormously on the amount she drinks. The one bottle lasted 2 nights. I told her that if I could have just cut down like she did, I probably wouldn't have quit.
                    Same here. Years of 'being good' this week or this day proved I couldn't!
                    Although now the question does pop up in my mind, could I be reborn and go back to a manageable level.. Maybe, but it wouldn't last. The real question is, why would I want to.
                    Can't imagine having to drink tonight on top of all the cramming I have to do.. Pass or fail tomorrow, I have a chance (slim!), if I was drinking, I'd have no hope.

NS.. Are you back on track again? Was it the arrival of your SIL do you think?
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I don't think SIL had anything to do w/ how I felt last week. In fact, I wasn't even sure she was coming until after my "incident". She used to be one of the very few people I over-drank with (usually I only did that alone) but I've been with her many times over the last 3 years not drinking and it's been just fine. I was looking forward to her visit b/c we really enjoy hanging out together and am so glad that her wine was back to being totally meaningless to me. What a relief! Good luck with your exams - it will feel good to know you've given yourself every chance to succeed!

Comment

quick jump in..jist to see how everyone is doing...unfortunately I havent got one of those old faces you were talking about jumping in jacs...mine has got more of a jumped on look....how is everyone ?hows yer ma satzy?
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening,
                          Thanks for replying, Sugar. Just one of the reason I really don't like being with people who have had more than a few..............their LOUDNESS.

Was at work today and guess what? The system didn't recognise my password..........again Might sound daft but I'm starting to get anxious as I go near the damned computer.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                            quick jump in..jist to see how everyone is doing...unfortunately I havent got one of those old faces you were talking about jumping in jacs...mine has got more of a jumped on look....how is everyone ?hows yer ma satzy?
                            Ah Mick you don't look a day over 21
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                              She was much brighter today Mick - thanks for asking
                              I'm finding the whole thing a bit draining - 'specially the guilt of going away on Thursday for 10 days ......
                              My sister is a silly cow - booked the exact same time as me to on holiday - FFS !!

Comment

Working...
                              X