Army now open to all. Week beginning 13th June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    I would like to apply for head cheese taster in Wisconsin. I am particularly fond of smoked cheese at the moment but to on the whole like the stinkier the better type like a nice Stilton or Danish Blue (no its not a durty movie). I used to love red wine and cheese but like all things it became ......feck the cheese just bring the wine.
    I saw the first sentence in the feed on the right and immediately read "head cheese | taster" instead of "head | cheese taster."
    First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Originally posted by aihfl View Post
      I saw the first sentence in the feed on the right and immediately read "head cheese | taster" instead of "head | cheese taster."
      :hahaha::hahaha:
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jacs... nice Stilton or Danish Blue ...yup or mature cheddar with jalapeno and chillies in it..as for drink of choice with them....mmmm alcohol I think it was
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick, do me a favour and pop a bit of Gorgonzola in your suitcase when you come back from Italy.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jacs if I can get away with it I will
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
              I feel I have less 'right' to make suggestions now because I've been missing for so long -- but maybe I can put my tuppence worth in here --- the days of 200 posts a day are never going to happen again in the Army and to try and compare what we are now with what we were then is ridiculous -- like Nora and Techie say mwo has been abandoned so pretty much who's here now is all it's gonna be -- so maybe work with what we have?
              I would suggest that maybe like the Steppers or the Undies as they were either making the Army a monthly thread or like the Loamers or the Nest just an ongoing one... the rate of posting in the Army these days isn't going to amount to thousands of posts a year nor nothing?

AND

Potentially VERY controversial --- do we need the thread to stay as the 'Army'? two reasons I say that -- #1 - the rare newcomer really appears to be put off by the name (I was myself) and think it's actually for army folks and#2 - comparisons with the past Army thread when it truly buzzed 24 hours a day 7 days a week could be odious?? but that's just MY opinion..... any other ideas??
              So wonderful to have you back. You and JC bring so much more than mere words in a post to MWO. You bring hope to many that struggle in life. Your posts often radiate the gratitude and joy of a life unchained from addiction. That is powerful stuff. We all play an important leadership role here. I think we inherit a responsibility related to our own success. When I reflect on why I continue to participate here, the answer is so very clear. It is to inspire others to be better people than they were before coming here. I am so very happy that you and Jackie get that. I like to join you in trying to generate some of the enthusiasm that permeated this forum in the past. There are so many I miss dearly. xoxo
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I never ate while drinking so now that I'm not EVERY food is a precious morsel to me, unfortunately its not so precious on my gut but I'd rather be a bit chubby than a scrawny, used up looking drunk any day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I read an interesting article re: Brexit. The writer suggested the weather may have played a factor. The theory is that those favoring leave were more passionate and more likely to brave the foul weather. Another emerging factor was the issue of immigration!?
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

techie..just looking at your avatar ..the words....then it clicked..oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood...Santa Esmerelda?

Comment

Originally posted by mick View Post
                      techie..just looking at your avatar ..the words....then it clicked..oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood...santa esmerelda?
                      yes :-)

Comment

Ahh Techie, my lovely daughter Jenny did History 'A' Level............one of the big exams they do over here around about the age of 18............one of the big modules was about the suffragette movement.............if we didn't vote she'd hit us with a very big stick and give us a lecture lasting days about how ordinary men and women over the centuries fought for their right to vote.
                        And if I'm honest I get a bit hacked off at those who don't vote and then weep and wail about the outcome.

Apologies said I wasn't going to mention it again.

Had a mahoosive thunderstorm and lightening storm.............very, very frightening if you're an aged Labrador...........who is now sitting under the dining room table.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I was in Berlin when they brought this out,the Germans were mad on it

Comment

Had a mahoosive thunderstorm and lightening storm.............thanks...its just rolled down here ...

Comment

There's a couple of Bess's calmy down pills left if you'd like them.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                There's a couple of Bess's calmy down pills left if you'd like them.
                                Ta muchly!..it hasnt bothered the rabbits happily taking part in their eating programme!!

Comment

Working...
                                X