COLD KILLERS?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

does anyone out there have a fair dinkum cold/flu remedy that actually works. I am currently battling a beauty and the naltrexone will block out all the medic/drug stuff. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

yours snifcerely

maxman:hitme:
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

Maxman,

They say zinc helps.

I have found that rest and time are the only things that seem to truly work, though.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

Max, I have the best stuff I use when I get a cold or whatever. I love it.

It's called Cevitt, by Hermes. It gives you a 1000mg of Vitamin C! You drop it in a glass of water and watch it fizz till it's dissolved and drink it down. I take two of these a day for a couple days and it kills it. Amazing stuff!

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

Sending some cyber chicken soup down the line from NSW to VIC.

Lots of water Maxman.

*hug*
        Scoobs
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

Warm milk and tumeric always works for me. Tastes vile and smells vile unfortunately. However smell can be helped by putting in some cardoman pods.

Hope you feel better soon Max.

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

There are some very good homeopathic remedies available. Oscillococcinum is probably the best. Check your local natural foods store. But be sure you don't eat or drink for 15 minutes before or after taking them and let them dissolve slowly under the tongue. You may have to take them often, but they can't hurt you. Ask a knowlegable person at the store how best to take them.

Good luck. Sorry you are feeling so low. The only good things about colds is that they do go away!

:h
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

I hate to say it, but I just have to weather it out
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

I'm not sure what brand names you have available, but like GG I use a fizzy vitamin C called Emergencee. Each packet is 1000mg C plus some B's. I take several a day when feeling under the weather. I also drink garlic tea. I crush or mince a clove of garlic,put it in a cup of just off the boil water, add lemon juice and honey to taste. I like mine with lots of lemon and honey. It really seems to soothe my throat, and the garlic helps unstuff my nose. Hope this helps, and that you're feeling better soon
                Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

thanks guys, got some potent vit c will give that a go cheers
                  "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

Maxman:

I noticed a recipe today in the recipe section that was just for colds. You may want to give it a looksee.

hope you are feeling better soon.
                    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

Punch the hell out of the heavy bag. I know you don't want to. But, just do something to break a sweat. Easier said than done, but you will feel better. get well soon.
                      where does this go?

Comment

COLD KILLERS?!?!?

well, a cold used to be an excuse to have a warm whiskey...
                        But... 3-4 doses of 1000mg of Vit C. as mentioned.
                        And what probably works best for me: a hot bath, as hot as you can stand, while sipping a HOT cup of fresh grated ginger root steeped in boiling water several minutes, then add fresh squeezed lemon juice and honey. It feels like it is burning the coodies right out.
                        Or add to a cup of boiling water a dollup of NATURAL apple cider vinegar and a spoon full of honey. My friend's kids call this they "yummy yucky" tea.
                        NO DAIRY!!
                        Hugs,
                        imatree

Comment

Working...
                        X