One Step at a Time - August 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all -

Glassie - I think that is so cool about your Dad. I already knew that you were amazing and now I find out your Dad is.

Liz - anxious for you to check in and let us know how your dr appointment went.

Pauly - sorry about the allergies!

Mama - I hope that you had a fantastic time

AG - you are really sounding great.

TMH - how are you doing on the depression? I know it takes a little while to get over that aspect of it. At least for me it did.

I need to go check on Techie.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I absolutely relaxed the last couple of days. It's so funny but we didn't do much at all. We went to the pier and walked around. Lazed by the pool (and we were alone at the pool!). Just hung out in the room quite a bit. It was great!
      Oh we went into an ice-cream shop. After we got our ice-cream, I was not paying attention....talking to Scott or something. My stool was about 6 inches shorter than the other stool. Oh my gosh, I fell down onto it, slipped off the back and was laying on the stool with the back of my knees & hanging on to the table with one arm and the other stool with the other arm. I think the owner ran over to help me. Hubby was holding down the table so I wouldn't pull it over as he was trying to circle around to help me. I finally managed to pull myself up without falling thru the glass window behind me. Stood up, told the man that my name was graceful and that I do this all the time. Then I switched the stools and sat down. osteroops::bricks: Earth swallow me now. LOL
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Haha Nora. That's a great story. Best part is, you were sober. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your mini vacation, you so deserve it. Hopefully it won't be too long before the next one. How did the kids manage with your mom? I love the pictures.

Pauly, sorry about the allergies. Hubby suffers terribly from them too. He finally went to and ENT and managed to get some kind of handle on it. Do you have asthma? He was surprised to find that he has allergic asthma. I think that's what he called it. Any way the nasal spray they prescribed him made a huge difference.

All's well with the blueberry. It appears to be a "vascular calcification". According to the dr as we age our pancakes age as well. They will watch it but don't think it will turn into anything. Yay me. Good until next year.

Took Mark shopping for a suit tonight. Love shopping with my boy. He's quick and decisive. He needs another one for the occassional work function. He looks so handsome in the navy blue one he chose. One hour, we hit three different stores, found the suit and two ties! Record time. Cost me a small fortune:egad:

Mama, how did your day go? I hope all went smoothly and you are transitioning well.

Hello everyone else. Excited to start a new book tonight. The last one was a huge disappointment, but I finished it.

Comment

Glad to hear everything is ok Liz funny story Nora you guys have a nice night, I'm stuffed up like a thanksgiving turkey and probably taking an early night, see ya in the morn
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm so glad you had good news Liz - that's what we want to hear!

Nora well done on saving yourself. If that had been me I would have broken something for sure, and it wouldn't have been the stool.

Hope your allergies get better soon Pauly.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glassie, agree with everyone - that is cool about your dad! Nora, depression seems to have lifted, thanks for asking. Got a ton of exercise yest and part of my walk to/from Fitness Center I stopped in Club locker room to find a book. They have shelves where you can drop off books to share. That is a good sign, having the interest. Haven't started it yet as got into tv series 90 Day Fiance. Watched couple episodes in middle of night again. Seems to be my pattern.
              Liz, great news on the blueberry. What a relief!
              Oh and Nora, sorry about the little mishap. But just think how you would feel if you had indeed been drinking. Bet you are sore.
              Well, off to another day of golf! Such is the retired life .
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hey all, I wanna play golf all day TMH,actually I have no patience for golf,I get too irritated but it'd be fun to drive the wheelie cart all day anything to get out of going to work haha slept like poop,you know when your nose is stuffed but running so you turn to the other side then that one starts up? That was my night it rained super hard too,lots of lightning, Kell sent me a snapchat and Louie was so excited and looking for a rainbow even though it was night haha,wish me luck on getting through work, grrrrrr,much love,let's kick Tuesdays ass

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The hell is everyone?

Comment

I'm here....barely. Not fun going back to work.

How you feeling?
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey guys I'm here. Pauly, hope you're feeling better tonight. Hopefully you'll get a better nights sleep. That is so cute that Louie was looking for a rainbow at night. Just precious.

TMH, I haven't seen 90 day fiancé, but definitely need to find it. I am watching Married at First Sight. Who thought this up? Yet here I am glued to the TV. What people won't do. Haha, hubby is now caught up in it too!

Nora, I'm sorry you had to work today. That's hard for sure. Do you have any other vacation time coming?

Just a beautiful day here today! I did work but took a walk at lunch and then walked Lucy tonight.

It is quiet here tonight. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Comment

It's about time lazy bums haha! I feel good today I think it was just the impending rain making the allergies so bad yesterday, I can't get into any of those "love" shows,no love at first kiss,no bachelor, etc,I'm watching little women and 60 days in,mom,600 lb life when it's back,extreme weight loss, and tiny house hunters,anything to keep my mind off of reality haha,hope everyone has a nice night

Comment

For realz?I guess I'm the only one who posts here

Comment

Hi Paulywogg.
                            I am feeling a bit better today too. Decided not to look at email more than 2x per day. I have completed my quota for the day and now I am painting.
                            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I'm here - I'm here!

Hi Eloise - good job on not overdoing the e-mail. It can become an endless cycle.

Pauly - glad you're feeling better today.

I'm sort of blue - you know, the back to reality. :rotlf: Things are going fine. Mom is not doing great but hanging in there. Definitely declining. She, of course, didn't even realize we were gone. So, we got home and I told her we had been gone and had fun. She said that she must have missed me!
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I don't know why it's so quiet. I know that I haven't had a chance to check in at work. So busy. But, it's lunchtime so I wanted to say hi.
                                Hope that everyone is having a PERFECTLY WONDERFUL DAY.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X