• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all - quick check in from work.

Needed to give Liz a few of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

When I tried to log on yesterday I thought today's the day they've pulled the plug.

Lizz, good for you for distracting sissy and tell us what you make with all those veggies. Also good job on not drinking.

Aihfl, that is hard to understand that they want to sue you, but I believe it. You are doing the right thing with the lawyer, etc.

Hi Techie, thank you as always for checking in on us.

Hi to everyone else on this Monday.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SK - I thought the same thing when we couldn't get on. That this was it.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day. I had a crummy morning with a very irritable boss (boss's daughter). What crawled up your @@s and died? :harhar:
        But, she's gone for the day. I'm getting a lot of work done and it's turned into a better day. I need to hit the chiropractor though. I just go to 'The Joint' so it's just in & out. No special treatment at all. But, it does help. Liz, you're so lucky that you can get adjusted regularly.

Ok - back to work. nthego:
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Where's Pauly? She must be really sick.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm here, just tired, these allergies make me tired but then it's hard to sleep cuz of the congested/runny nose, I was in a fog all day,this too shall pass, hope everyone is enjoying their day
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Don't know where this day went. Managed to keep myself busy. Skendall for dinner I made fresh pasta with tomato and basil from the garden, there was corn on the cob, cucumber salad and guacamole, just because. Erin brought home a zebra melon, which I have never heard of but it was pretty good. I also force fed sissy some pastries I picked up.
              Took a walk with CJ and hubby tonight, once it cooled off. We dragged a reluctant Lucy along.
              Anyway headed to the blankie fort. Sweet dreams.

Comment

Hey all. Liz, that dinner sounds great. Hello Pauly, SK, TMH, and the amazing Nora. Hope things are improving for all you short term renters. My guess is that the site outage was maintenance related. Normally Sunday is an ideal day for that. I just wish they'd give us a heads up. Wishing you all the best. Sending love and hugs xoxo
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Not in China yet Nora, I am American.
                  Working on it, waiting on my work permit.
                  I will be teaching in a new school that is very disorganised. Good news is they are a new school and need staff.
                  I think this will grow into a K-12 position, for now it is K-8. Good news is we are not selling our apartment and doing the 100% commitment, we will take it slow and see how it goes.
                  For now it is just a job I am taking abroad.
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hey all, Eloise, that sounds like a fun adventure my daughters bf's brother taught in Japan for a bit,met his wife and now they have a son and live in Oregon, not sure I could do China though with the air quality, I've read it's bad but that's only cuz I'm xtra sensitive as we all know when do you leave? Hi Techie! I want the new galaxy note, omg,that phone is sexy!!! Hello to all I hope we all have a wonderful day

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone! With the help of my friend (Unisom) slept well last night. Felt so good waking up knowing I had stayed in bed all night. Hey - it's the little things.

Looks good out there right now. Weather supposed to be iffy for us with the tropical storm. But will get in at least 9 holes, I'm sure. If like yest, there will be 5 or 10 min showers.

Have a great day!
                      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

I did the expat thing in Japan for a couple of years out of college. I worked in a government office mostly doing grunt translation work, but it left me plenty of time to enjoy being there. In fact, living on Okinawa, south of the Japanese mainland, it was much cheaper for me to travel around the rest of Asia than it was Japan, so that's what I did. I got to South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand and Indonesia. My mother is from Okinawa, so I'm planning a trip back there soon to see her family.

About 4-5 years ago, I did send in an application to teach at Suzhou University an hour west of Shanghai, but I was married at the time and made it clear that I would only consider going if my ex-wife and I came as a package deal. They solicited further supporting materials from me, but not her. Then a few days later, the air pollution in China was a front page headline in the New York Times, so I let it go.

I don't know if it can be considered a real expat experience but I also worked every summer from 2001-2009 in Peru, except for 2006, when I taught in the Czech Republic. Since the seasons are reversed with that part of South America, I would leave Florida as soon as school was finished and come back in late August or early September.

I miss international travel and can't wait for my next overseas adventure back to Japan.

Well, I am off today, so I'm going to head out and finish cleaning up the apartment I lived in for a year before the rain returns. We're forecast to get close to another inch today, so I'd better shake a leg. I'm glad this tropical storm will blow through before the weekend because I have plans to go to the Florida State Ole Miss game on Labor Day, Go 'Noles! (PhD, '04)
                        First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone! I am still at home but doing paid work for clients. YIPPEE!! :-)

A warm welcome to Eloise!!! Great to see you here. A teaching job in China...what an adventure. Good for you!!

Aihfl-congratulations on all your AF time, and so, so, sorry the nitwit renters have caused you aggravation with the threatened lawsuit.
                          I have been to Japan several times for work, but not Okinawa. You are such a world traveler...sounds like you have had amazing adventures in your lifetime. I find worldly people (especially when I'm dating) to be very fascinating and mentally attractive. I have been to Fuji City, Hiroshima and a bunch of other places. I LOVE Japanese food, and I was treated like gold when I was there.

Dear Techie-have you started your treatments yet? How are you feeling?

Liz-sounds like you had a delicious dinner last night. Wish I could have sampled some of it. ;-) I will send positive vibes and prayers to your BIL. Finding work when you're older is SOOOOOO hard because there is so much age discrimination.

Conference call in 5 minutes so I better refill my coffee...big hugs to Nora, Pauly, Mama, AG, TMH and anyone I missed...Happy Tuesday!

Comment

Glassie-I missed you on my last post!! What have you been up to???:heartbeat:

Comment

Yes Glassy, check in please, how's the lex going? Mines still sitting in the pharmacy bag on the chair in my bedroom haha, I'm curious if it's helping you, hi Rusty, I've been to Utah,AZ,CA,and Idaho, look out world hahaha!

Comment

I am here..........................
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X