No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - August 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Pauly, we had bacon wrapped steaks tonight for dinner. Corn on the cob, tomato (from the garden) salad and roasted small potatoes with rosemary (also from the garden). I love summer cooking!

Comment

I love veggies from the garden. :welldone:

Sorry but another short one from me. I didn't turn on the computer again so hard to type.
      Today was a better day. I think I let my brother get to me the other day which led to the panic attack. So, shame on me........that is what I've been working on so much. Not letting things get to me like that.

Hope everyone had a happy day!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

What's a good birthday present for my DIL who turns 30 on Sunday?
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Depends on what she's into, I was gonna say gift card but to me they're so impersonal, I like a gift that shows me how much the person knows me,anything she needs that you can think of? Glad you feel better
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all -
            Liz. . . you made me really hungry and I've had three good meals already today!

Nora - what is your price range for DIL gift?? If u are giving about $30 - 50, I think an Amazon card lets them get whatever they want. I'm glad you are feeling better today.

Techie, did you hear anything yet??? You are in my thoughts and prayers. Tough times.

Mama, so sorry to hear about Nana. I hope she can eventually move on. Wow, a very very hard thing to deal with.

I am doing well. Happy to be home and looking forward to getting back into a routine soon. Take care~AG

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
              What's a good birthday present for my DIL who turns 30 on Sunday?
              A wee silver neck chain or bracelet with her birth sign on it.

Big waves and :blowkiss: to the steppers.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

TGIF. being a little sarcastic as everyday is like Fri to us. Have a friend (not close) who recently moved from MN to FL after taking early retirement & she announced on FB that she is so excited for the Olympics because she can watch all day now.

K9, congrats. Wow, what a big change in your life. Happy for you!

Nora, sorry about the panic attack. They are awful! I have found Seredyn works for me. Think Pauly tried it, however, and she didn't care for it.

Techie, so sorry about the diagnosis. As Pauly said, think it's one that is easy to treat. Not making light of it, definitely scary. Speak from experience, am a cancer survivor, 13 yrs now. You are in my prayers.

Rusty, your week sounds great! Would Utah be a good place for your retirement?

All this talk about garden veggies makes me anxious to do some container gardening. Had to learn think Halloween rather than Memorial Day for planting, MN to FL. LOL.

Weekend - hubby's b.d. Tomorrow. More than likely will play golf, local Italian restaurant gives you free dinner. Used to be during your b.d. month, now it's on actual b.d. Want to go to church also. What's everyone else up to?

TMH
                The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hey all, to be fair TMH I tried Seredyn during a klonopin taper so basically I hated all supplements haha,I wonder why women get anxious more? I know men get it too cuz sometimes hubs gets it but I wonder if his is as bad as mine, I'm thinking it's our hormones, it only got to 98 yesterday cuz it rained the night before so that was pretty good it's been swampy here,nothing like FL of course but defo humid, sounds like everyone is well,let's have a nice Friday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I very much appreciate all the kindness expressed toward me. You are truly a wonderful bunch. I will let you know how I'm doing next week following my appointment. You all give me strength knowing I do not have to do this alone. Bless all you amazing steppers xoxo
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                      I very much appreciate all the kindness expressed toward me. You are truly a wonderful bunch. I will let you know how I'm doing next week following my appointment. You all give me strength knowing I do not have to do this alone. Bless all you amazing steppers xoxo
                      P.S. Would somebody PLEASE provide the next fripping clue in The Word Association game???
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey everyone. Had a bit of a scare at work today. Got a call from the breast center to come back or magnify something they found on my mammography the other day. Could I come right over (It was 10 to 4). UM ,yeah! I ran over and they did the extra views and told me to wait while the radiologist looked at it. Apparently I have new calcification so that needs to be watched to see if they grow. I wasn't as nervous as I was numb. Anyhow they have a baseline now and I will go back for a follow up. They assured me it's common and it's small. Yup, that was my day.

Comment

Ohhhh, Liz, how scary!!! Yes, it IS common but that makes it no less scary. So glad you will be OK!:yay:

Comment

Nora, how about a bracelet? Alex and Ani are big here right now and I happen to love them.

Comment

Liz, that IS scary. But good on you for having the mammogram done. Imagine if you didn't and it wasn't found until it had grown.

Nora - I think jewellery is always a nice idea. Or a pretty scarf. More importantly, just make sure you write a lovely heartfelt message on the card telling her how happy you are she's now in your family. :love_heart:
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Happy to hear it's nothing serious Liz. Nite all you beauties!

Comment

Working...
                                X