No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - August 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:hug::hug:Liz,you've had an overwhelming week, how soon do they plan on getting married? Nora,thanks for everything hope we all have a great Monday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Liz - :hug:

Pauly - yep, let's have a great day.

Totally overslept........
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ok - I'm at work.

I hope that everyone is having a HAPPY MONDAY!!! We're that much closer to the weekend.

SK - did you talk to the Dr yet?

Techie - your appt is Wed?

I talked to my brother yesterday and let him know that mom is definitely declining again. Being more confused by simple things. I have to explain more about using certain things. And what is next when she is dressing. Was a harder weekend emotionally. Talking about the decline. Also, she was in a persnickety mood. I was polishing her nails and she looked at her thumb nail, looked at my bare leg and stabbed me with her nail. Then laughed and looked innocent. I told her she was acting like a bad kid and I was going to put her in time out. I was laughing so hard. Oh.....my mom.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning loves.
          I was a total bum yesterday too, but we did go to Nana's for dinner. It was actually quite pleasant!!
          Clay is over the moon with his car. I rode home from Nana's with him and the car has Bluetooth, so we sang at the top of our lungs the whole way home. It was a blast.
          Lizz - I am thrilled for you, but I completely understand the anxiety about one of your babies leaving the nest.
          Nora- the bracelet is lovely......
          SK...I am glad you are not scared now.
          Hugs to Pauly, TMH, AG...have a great Monday!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

It is a great Monday! Just pretty much keep moving from one thing to another. Rather than feeling unmotivated. Just went to grocery store to get some soup for chicken dish I will be making. Car said 80 deg. Say what? At 2:00p in FL? Light drizzle. Nice change. Maybe will get another bike ride in tonight.

Mama - I thought Bluetooth is so that you can talk on phone hands free. I have really gotten lost in the tech world. Bought a new Garmin watch. After going through 5 Fitbits (only paid for one), I decided to get something waterproof. Well, only thing I have used it so far is tracking steps. Pretty expensive device for just that. It does have GPS for golf, but you have to sync with Smartphone App. Cannot get on my phone, don't have a new enough model. Tried to upgrade. Can't at least without getting a new phone which I plan to do. I am going to try see if I can sync from my PC to watch. Where's a kid when I need one!!!

Liz - am willing to bet acceptance will sink in, and it will turn out to be a happy event. Hope so!

Ok, till tomorrow.
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hi all! Hubs just got home so tonight we will all be under one roof again. Of course, he is finding all kinds of things that "didn't get done right" in the week I was here. Sigh. I need to just let it go. I know I worked really hard to get everything back in order (4+ hours of yard work just yesterday alone).

Big changes starting today. Just going to try NOT to drink. I am excited, nervous, scared, very fearful of failure. But I need to do this for me. Right now, I am not the person I want to be. TMH, thanks for the pm and the motivation to do this together!!

More later - AG

Comment

Hi everyone.
                Mama, so glad Clay loves his car.
                Nora, I talked to the GI man's office this a.m. and b/c it's a referral, I have to wait for insurance for approval. I saw something else on his report, but won't speculate about it until tests are done.
                Lizz, don't be sad, you have gained a daughter willing to spread her wings and a great vacation destination.
                Welcome back, AG, I hope you and TMH manage to get a hold on things.

I have to explain my comment on "not quite done in the oven". I took the remark from my English friend who didn't always react to medicines and supplements, and that was her explanation. I can see how it may have been interpreted badly.

We had summer one day last week, but it's back to low 50's overnight and 60's during the day!
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

TMH,that's weird about the fitbits I've had mine for two years and it's still going strong, SK,thanks for the explanation on what you posted the other day,to me it sounded similar to"not having all her marbles" or one of those phrases we use for people who seem"off" frozen lasagna for dinner but I don't think I'm gonna make it for a looong time,seems like we're all sick of it around here!Nora,glad your DIL liked the bracelet, hope everyone is having a good night
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey all........Mama Bear's car broke down on the way home. Transmission probably. She has gone to bed for the night but she's not drinking. :hug::hug: mama .
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

Just a quick check-in...lots of work today and not enough time. I will be going home tomorrow and I have couple of pertinent things to share from my trip to Utah..."One Step At A Time."

Mama-you poor dear...your car broke down??? Do you ever catch a break?? I am SO sorry but delighted Clay loves his car.

Liz-Congrats on CJ's engagement. Lucky SIL to have a MIL like you.

Skendall-I am hoping your ileitis can be treated non-invasively. Sending positive thoughts your way.

AG and TMH...good to see you developing AF plans and we are delighted to have you here.

Big hellos to everyone else!

Comment

Hello - hey, AG, Welcome to Day 2. SK big step to start, right?

Mama, sorry about the car breakdown. Hate car troubles.

Thanks, Rusty. Nice to be able to remember who won in Olympics. Not that I overdid it all the time, did not but did too often.

Ok, need to get ready for day.
                        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hello all

Rusty - thanks for checking in.

Happy AF Tuesday everyone. :yay:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey guys. Quick check in front work. Nice day out so I'm going to walk.

Comment

Mama, hope you have that car situation straightened out.
                              Pauly, one can never get tired of lasagna! We had turkey burgers, fries, green beans and cucumber salad for dinner tonight. Loving our summer bounty.
                              Not much else going on here. Enjoyed some time outside tonight. Hope all is well with you guys. Up early tomorrow so off to bed for me.

Comment

Hey all. I hope that everyone has had a WONDERFUL day.

Not much happening in my world. I feel like an early night tonight.

I am just throwing this out there and take it with a grain of salt - what works for one person doesn't for another........

Last year, I made the decision to do the Daily Roll Call. I never counted my days before. Well, I still have to use the date duration calculator almost every day. ha, ha But, I made the commitment to myself that I was going to go over to the Roll Call every morning and put down my day. If I decided to drink later, well too bad - I had already done roll call. I had to wait until the next day to drink. Of course, by the next day, I didn't feel the need to drink.

Anyway, I don't know if that would be of any help to anyone else. But, I know that got me thru some hard days.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X