One Step at a Time - August 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have a great time
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Glassie!! Wow, you must be so proud of your dad. That is simply incredible.

Not to mention, extremely inspiring to a permanent student like myself. But . . . you just can't do that if you are drinking . . . thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Wow Glassy, that is amazing! May I ask what his book is about? You got your smarts from him I'm guessing.

AG, good for you for being a permanent student. Wish I had a little more of that in me, but I do not.

Happy Sunday.

Comment

Hey all,Glassy, that's awesome about your dad! How cool,Liz,I would get excited about the pan too haha,I couldn't make it through work and left at ten,I think those girls thought I was hungover and tbh that's how it felt!! I think I overdid the coffee and overdid the walking cuz my nervous system completely shut down at work, I was shaking,could barely stand, could barely drive,I came home and napped then napped again, poor Louie kept asking"Nan how come you keep sleeping?" Luckily he was hanging out with hubs and being pretty quiet for a change, so today I don't care if I even get 1,000 steps,plus it's TOM and that ALWAYS exhausts me too,I'll have to check out Noras pics,hope we all have a great day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow Pauly. Glad you got to nap. Sounds like that's exactly what your body needed. Hope your back to normal today. Probably a good idea to cut back on your steps. I only did like 8500 each day this weekend, but whatever, it is the weekend.
            Anyone else watching the closing ceremonies tonight? Those guys are real troopers with the weather.
            Have a good night guys.

Comment

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Glassy-WOW, your dad is REALLY ambitious!! You must get your ambition from him. ;-)

Nora-I hope you had a fun and relaxing weekend with hubs.

Mama-hope you had fun at the lake.,

Liz-sounds like you had a nice weekend. I didn't watch the closing ceremonies or much of the Olympics...always working, but that's ok.

Pauly-Hope you feel better today.

A cheery hello to TMH, AG, Techie, Mr. V., and anyone else who drops by...I have a boatload of chores to do so I better get going.

Happy AF Monday One and ALL!!!

Comment

Welcome home Rusty - we've missed you!!

Liz the book is his memoir - he's had an interesting life and he writes really well. This is the first time we've been allowed to read it.

I started a new (sort of) job today. Not sure if I told you, but for 3 days a week I'm now working in staff wellbeing and injury management, which is what I really like doing. It's so much more positive than some of the other stuff I do.
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glassy-how exciting that you got a part-time field in a field which you love! Tell us please, what you are hoping to achieve in your PhD program and what you would like to do in the future. We are all very interested!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                    Glassy-how exciting that you got a part-time field in a field which you love! Tell us please, what you are hoping to achieve in your PhD program and what you would like to do in the future. We are all very interested!
                    Aww - you are so lovely. My background (and my masters degree) is in disability and vocational rehab, but then I somehow got sidetracked into a field of HR I don't like so much (it requires in depth reviews of abuse of very vulnerable children or adults with disability). I shouldn't complain though, because my boss and my workmates are all lovely. But a few weeks ago I was asked to help out in this team for 3 days a week for the next 6 months, which is pretty much doing the work I enjoy. I'm still doing my other job for the other two days a week.

My PhD is in coaching athletes with disability and I have no idea what I'll do with it when I finish. Maybe nothing, but it keeps me out of trouble!
                    Last edited by Glass Half Empty; August 22, 2016, 05:48 AM.
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hey all, good on you Glassy I wish I had the motivation to go back to school, so lazy I swear, Rusty,are you home for awhile now? Nora,I hope your getaway is fun,it looks like you're both happy post more later still waking up have a great day my peeps

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Monday guys.
                        Glassy, good for you getting to work doing what your really love. Is it possible it could pan out to more hours. I like Pauly, have no desire to go back to school. I am content where I am and honestly I think sometimes that's a bad thing.
                        Rusty, I think you're off this week? Hope you get some downtime and relax. Are you still swimming?
                        Mama, how's it going at you job. Hope you were able to enjoy you're weekend too.
                        Gotta run, have a doctors appt and will discuss my "blueberry". Pretty sure it'll turn out to be ok but fingers crossed.

Comment

Liz,hope all goes well with your "blueberry" keep us posted

Comment

Hey gang. We had a great weekend at the lake with our neighbors. We see them about twice a year and they are so fun and we always have a blast.
                            Work is fairly calm today, but I have a lot to learn. It's all good though. I hate the drive but it's sooooooo nice to be driving Joann the Van. I named her after Nana!
                            Glassy, how impressive!
                            Hiya Rusty and Lizz and Pauly and Ag. Glad you are feeling better Pauly. Hey TMH.
                            Good luck with the blueberry, Lizz!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Honey, I'm home............need to read back :heartbeat:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Omg! Sneeze, sneeze,sneeze! Allergies are driving me nuts, I really wish it would rain and clear the air like they said it was supposed to,nerds! Nora,I loved the pics you two needed that getaway, Mama,glad you had fun at the lake with your friends, I'm off to steam my nose,ugh,made fettucini alfredo sauce in the crock pot it's gross, tasteless as elmers glue boo hoo

Comment

Working...
                                X