No announcement yet.

August Army 2016....Gates are open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.. SOOO glad we are not camping this weekend, its coming down in sheets..
    Nice 'pants' JC!! We never got into calling trousers pants, did we - pants are underware and fanny is not your rear end

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Morning Army.
    Anyone from Dublin remember in the 70s if we considered anything was great we'd say "It's the gear " :haha:
    Who'd have thunk ???
    Not me, in my nappies, but MrM says he remembers it well!
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
      Morning all

I've still got a cheesecloth shirt!
      so has Mr M!! Ive still got my Doc Martins.

Comment

Doc Martins

Oh yes! The number of eyelets was the status symbol - oh how shallow we were!!!

Comment

Morning youse two.

Cracking post over in theNewbies Nest, Tony. :thumbsup:

My little brother would laugh himself stupid when he was about 6/7ish when he heard the word fanny..................he still does and he's 55 this year.

Next on my growing old disgracefully list............. Doc Martins.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Not shallow Tony, just extremely cool

Comment

Morning JC - they are still floating around, I got them in a sandal a couple of years ago, loved the look of them, but they're just too heavy to be comfortable. Size 39 if you want them!

Comment

They're Doc Martens...............I was thinking more...........

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

They are hard core Tony. Mine were the shorter version, worn with my prized tartan tights.

Comment

I'll bet you looked the bees knees and felt great.
                    Must away to the shops..................this might be the very day they run out of food.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                      Morning JC - they are still floating around, I got them in a sandal a couple of years ago, loved the look of them, but they're just too heavy to be comfortable. Size 39 if you want them!
                      Jesus. I had those in a clog . Couldn't lift my feet :haha:

Comment

Had to call :

Comment

Doc Ms.jpg

Black or brown? It was black for me!

Jacks - that was a "from the heart" moment on the Nest - just triggered by a comment someone made...

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                            Still have mine -- in attic -- 16 hole they woz

evening -- was out spending shagging money -- lovely new laptop -- it was that or death if I had to deal with this one any longer (yeah -- still on this one -- sort of a sorry personality trait - I love looking at things after I buy them -- still in the bag AND box) -- and for spite this is acting GRAND -- - got a new lamp for the sitting room and a SPREE in Home Store 4 u etc....... -- no -- never ever called them pants -- elephant flares -- yup -- remember them in 'it's a beautiful day' boutique off Dawson St -- Sth Anne St I think -- remember that Benjy? (no Mary -- your MA prolly hardly remembers it haha!!)
                            Jesus Molls - Sth.Anne Street too posh for us. Henry Street all the way as a teen.
                            Wouldn't be found dead there now :egad: I'm too countrified & scared :haha:

Though did go to the Dandelion Market on the Green when I was feeling hippyish :haha:

Off to read Tony's post :horse:
                            Last edited by satz123; August 20, 2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I'll bet there are a fair few of us who used to wake up in the morning wishing we'd died during the night...............sooooooooooooooooooo grateful those nights are over.

I got the money back for the sofa bed that didn't arrive and bought another on which will arrive slap bang in the middle of the week we're away. I'll have to ask a neighbour to take it in......................its flatpacked so shouldn't take up too much room.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                                Mr M is cooking from his new Persian cook book. Still. Started at 6.35pm:hung:
                                We did have a really good pistachio dip so far.. Usually we are both hammered by now, having the craic or fighting like tinkers.
                                Great post Tony. Hows your wife finding the New you?

Thats v funny Molly, off on your boat Im sure its not far when we will all connect in our virtual world! Row bloody faster Molls!!

Whats with all the shopping! (I purchased the soup maker, another gadget, yay).
                                Still like Henry Street - Much pref arnotts over BTs anyway, but yea, rarely go into town now.

Comment

Working...
                                X