Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Army 2016....Gates are open

Good morning and another month started.
    As we've got a fair few newbies settling into the nest :welcome: to you all. I'll bet you're wondering what the heck the Army is?

Over the years many people have asked what the Army is...........and I've no idea how the name started. We are not ex-forces.................we are just fighters in the fight against alcohol.

We are mostly over the other side of the Atlantic in Europe but it doesn't matter where you are we'll help. Remember we're in this together. Don't be frightened most of the time we're as daft as brushes but we can turn in a heartbeat to something that matters.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Morning Jacks :checkin:
    Worn out doing ......... have to go for walk with neighbour and then lunch with mother today ......... fecked if I know where I got the time to drink or WORK :haha:
    Last edited by satz123; August 1, 2016, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah and when I worked I cherished doing NOTHING on those days.
      Seem to be always hopping & trotting last few weeks. People dragging out of me - I like a bit of peace ........... and chat here to my friends. FFS !!

Comment

Hi, Thanks for explaining what the Army is, Jacks, I really didn't know it was open to all, so I'll sign-up too if that's ok?!. And what's all this about a Bank Holiday, guys, we don't get another one here until Christmas!

Comment

What!! No bank holiday until Christmas???
          Welcome to the barracks Tony, we won't gloat in October, our next bank holiday:harhar:

Satz.. Every maternity leave, i felt like I was going back to work for a break!! You become the 'go to' person for everything. 'Sure Mary does nothing all day'.. I am not great on time awareness anyway, I'm sure I'm responsible for chasing my tail too.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Having a break from tidying the big bedroom................anyone want a pair of tap shoes, size 5 (USA 6) worn about 4 times and one of those was in the shop where I tried them on.............yes a dream I had of being a chorus girl after a big night drinking..........trouble is I have 2 left feet and sound like a pet elephant who's overdosed on donuts when I land ...........after what I think is an elegant jump.

Good to see you Tony, just over the border in Northumberland here. Hopefully up in Lauder for a week at the end of this month.

We've got a Bank Holiday end of August..............then nowt til Chrimbo.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh yeah, Silly me! 29th August....

Comment

Cheers to a new month Army
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening,
                  Poor you Molls, :hug:do you think you need your eyes testing........ or just a nuisance headache?

Had a lovely busy day, just a big tidy and general stuff..............but it took me back many years to when Monday used to be listening for Mr JC to feck off to work so I could run down stairs and have my first drink..................just for nerves, of course. Mondays are brilliant now.

And Bank holidays were a nightmare ...........having to wait til I'd either thought of an excuse for him to nip out to the shops or god forbid wait for a decent hour like lunch.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning lovelies,
                    My day to work at the addiction place.................keeping my fingers crossed that the DJ I was talking about has made an appointment..........got to nip into town first though.

Bit Autumnal out there this morning.................looks gorgeous though.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I love Autumn................some beautiful colours around.

This lappy is getting as slow as our first desktop.

Must love yous and leaves yous.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon 'youse' :happy2:

Work done, dinner on, long list of stuff to do now. It baffles me how I managed with a hangover before..
                        Zoom.....

Comment

Evening - bit dismal out there today.
                          Don't normally complain about the weather but it's so GREY :sad:
                          Last edited by satz123; August 2, 2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Evening,
                            Didn't get a chance to see if the DJ had re-registered...........had very long periods of nothingness and then the phones and door went crazy. Went cross eyed taking messages as half the staff were doing elf and safety.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening. Was hoping to hear how the DJ was doing!
                              It was a funny day, wrecked, is it the humidity or what?
                              Anyway, not a sausage here..

Comment

Working...
                              X