August Army 2016....Gates are open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not the only obsessive one Pauly, Satz..
    I am grateful and yes, the more drunks and hungover people crossing my path, the better!
    Lets go to the pub Mers :harhar:

Comment

Evening,
      Was Stirls here? Can't see a post?
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Were there pictures of the baby? She'll have taken them down after a while. Had a look in my e-mails and there the new babe was :heartbeat:
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Its a while since I used this analogy.
          Think about when you get in the car..................first thing you do is put on your seat belt......if don't its not very far before you do. Priority is to put your non-drinking seat belt on first thing each morning. Thoughts or just thoughts............its what we do with them that counts. Crikey, that sounds corny.

No meal deals at Marks and Spencer so I bought a pair of pyjamas and some new knickers. Nothing for dinner but I'll look nice.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Evening,
            Was Stirls here? Can't see a post?
            Yes there WAS a post ! ??

Comment

Ha, I like the chocolate bar and seat belt analogy's. Im not worried that the thoughts are there, they are not bothering me as such, they just like to stay in the picture...
              We're on track so (am including you Pauly and Nora!).

Maybe Stirly deleted her post when she was logging out - clicking back or forward, sounds like an accident.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Lets go to the pub Mers :harhar:
                We can checkout Tony's new pub!

Comment

hiya molls ..Ill talk to you.....howzaboutye?all good?things movin in the generally upward direction on the domestic scene...notice I didnt mention sh.p in case it puts the kybosh on it...window manny here in about 15 mins garage window needs replacing ...even the glass is rotten its that old!apart from that norra lot today either..(at the mo...subject to change)
                  yoohoo to a ll the lyer inners..
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I'm a lyer-inner :

Fogged up window - check
                    House needs insulating - check
                    Tried contacts - fail - check

I had 2 x weekly ones. Couldn't get the feckers out !!

I'll go with St. Mary up there. Maybe Stirls deleted by accident. :angel:

Comment

Oh Joy !!!
                      Get to go shopping with mother today.
                      She is going to the Catholic shrine at Lourdes for a week to pray for her wayward family and I can't trust her any more to pack a case.
                      Can't have knickerless granny going to France :haha:

'Specially with the holy :cuss: priests there ..............

Comment

Good morning Troopers!!

Yes, I was here yesterday evening and posted not too long after Satzy but after over half an hour and no one had posted, I thought no one was around and I was getting extremely tired and ready for bed so I deleted the post and logged off. Thought there wasn't much point of my post being up if I was gone. Didn't realize some of you had seen it. Sorry, but I really thought it hadn't been seen at all so no one would notice.

Life has been hectic, to say the least, in Sirly-World. I hardly know where to begin. Working un-godly hours at the store all by myself - delivering orders before I open in the morning and after I close in the afternoon. Dead tired at night - can't stay up late enough to join youz in the barracks. Anyway - as I said in my deleted post, I am still sober - day 302 today. Even when things have been hellish, the thought of having a drink makes me shudder. It's not that I think of having a drink, rather it is the thought that in the past I would have turned to AL in a couple of the situations lately, but there is absolutely no desire to drink. There is even an un-opened bottle of whiskey on the counter in the kitchen here at the store. It just sits there, I look at it and it is simply a bottle, nothing else. Nuf of that...

Wee Miss Evie was born the 13th of July at 5:45 a.m. Black, black hair and fair skin like an Irish lassie - her Grandmother's (mine) ancestral roots are showing - weighed in at 3.7 kilos or 8 lb. 2 oz. and 52 cm long. Haven't seen much of her but her Dad says she's feisty. I wouldn't have expected less. :heart:

Mr. Stirly has been in and out of hospital a few times - all is okay - but that had me running around even more and he's milking it for all he can - playing the poor soul - which makes me mental. If he doesn't straighten out soon, he'll get a right kick up the arse to straighten him out. Can't stand people feeling sorry for themselves when they should be grateful that their health problems are very minor and in keeping with their age.

On the other good news front - younger son and his beautiful wife (literally, inside and out) are expecting a baby just a few days before Christmas - a wee laddie this time. So by Christmas, I will have four grandkiddies. Have sold my little sports car and am in the process of finding a bigger car in anticipation of loading up the little ones and taking them off for "Adventures with Grannie Stirly". inkele:

Molls - I just got new glasses for both distance and reading. Distance ones have big purple frames and reading ones have pink frames with purple-blue "arms". The girl at the opticians said the dark red ones I tried on were more "chic" and the pink/purple ones were kinda crazy. So I said - then the pink/purple ones are for MOI!!:flowerspin:

Wishing you all a fabulous Saturday!!
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

And forgot to say - we're getting our Summer today. inkele:

Comment

Good morning,

Congrats on the baby, Granny Stirls, keep them coming...............you know the Army loves cake. We'll have a super one for your first anniversary .

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning from my bed! No energy this week.
                              Stirly, great to hear from you, congratulations on your expanding troop!! Wow, you will be busier than ever!!

I wear contacts a good bit, always have. MrM does about one a week but I have to put them in and take them out for him!
                              As a sober Molly, you won't have to worry about forgetting to take them out!
                              Mr M can't read at all with them (drives him bonkers). I don't find it too bad yet.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                And forgot to say - we're getting our Summer today. inkele:
                                I heard! Better get up so.

Great cake JC!

Comment

Working...
                                X