No announcement yet.

August Army 2016....Gates are open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone watch the the Olympic Opening?
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
      Good morning Troopers!!

Yes, I was here yesterday evening and posted not too long after Satzy but after over half an hour and no one had posted, I thought no one was around and I was getting extremely tired and ready for bed so I deleted the post and logged off. Thought there wasn't much point of my post being up if I was gone. Didn't realize some of you had seen it. Sorry, but I really thought it hadn't been seen at all so no one would notice.
      Why delete a post Stirls?
      If we all did that - nothing would be said ...

Folks log in & out all the time in the evening .... or we'd have seen it this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
        was beginning to think I was going mad last night Stirly!!! congrats again to you -- and glad to know you are still sober and happy..

re. Lourdes Benjy --- bloke I work with his mate volunteers to bring old people to Lourdes and all that stuff and he's a really good guy apparently -- he does 3 pilgrimages a year with them -- anyways - he won a prize in a raffle a few weeks ago and he was SO excited --- everyone was thrilled for him cos he IS such a good guy -- until he found out the prize was a ------ trip to Lourdes:welldone:
        :harhar:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Oh Joy !!!
          Get to go shopping with mother today.
          She is going to the Catholic shrine at Lourdes for a week to pray for her wayward family and I can't trust her any more to pack a case.
          Can't have knickerless granny going to France

'Specially with the holy :cuss: priests there ..............
          X-post there Satzy! Yes, she needs to wear knickers, specially if she'll be kneeling to pray. Wouldn't want someone behind her seeing something they shouldn't. :eek-new:
          And forgot to say - we're getting our Summer today. inkele:
          Wot?
          Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Good morning,

Congrats on the baby, Granny Stirls, keep them coming...............you know the Army loves cake. We'll have a super one for your first anniversary .

Thanks for the cake, Jackie. Looks delish!! Glad you liked the pics....
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

no
            Saw the first half hour.....
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

As in misty windows on the lap top or misty windows you look out of?
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

was beginning to think I was going mad last night Stirly!!! congrats again to you -- and glad to know you are still sober and happy..

re. Lourdes Benjy --- bloke I work with his mate volunteers to bring old people to Lourdes and all that stuff and he's a really good guy apparently -- he does 3 pilgrimages a year with them -- anyways - he won a prize in a raffle a few weeks ago and he was SO excited --- everyone was thrilled for him cos he IS such a good guy -- until he found out the prize was a ------ trip to Lourdes:welldone:
                :highly_amused:
                no
                Me neither...
                Why delete a post Stirls?
                If we all did that - nothing would be said ...

Folks log in & out all the time in the evening .... or we'd have seen it this morning.
                Yes, you would have seen it this morning but last night I didn't know I was going to be at the store today and have some time to log on and chat so I wouldn't have answered to your posts either last night or today so it seemed kind of silly to leave the post there. Last minute decision early this a.m. to stop by the store for a couple of hours to tie up some loose ends and I have a bit of spare time so here I am.
                Glad to hear you are all well and enjoying your summer. What there is of it, that is. It has been very hot here for the last 6 weeks - getting a bit weary of it but it is summer in Greece, after all. Much better than Canada where my Mom and sister live. Hardly any rain at all for the past 6 weeks and all the lawns and shrubs, etc. have dried up. Watering ban on for weeks now and no end in sight. I'd take Irish weather any day over that.

Morning Mary --- fucked if it looks like summer here --- the last 2 months have been nicer -- yesterday was gorgeous and working all day ffs!!!

update on lenses
                okay --- I can see lots I couldn't see without them -- but nothing is perfect -- (she told me that cos my distances are awkward that that may be the case) they are going to be fabulous on the bike for map-reading etc -- but no way could I sit and read a novel -- even typing this I'm zooming in and out a little bit -- getting them out -- that's my fear Benjy --- struggled up in specsavers with that bit of it but a girl at work really talked me through it yesterday so I'll leave them for about another hour and then get brave....
                if anyone knows how to get rid of my misty windows now??? ;-)
                Um, if the windows are misty in between the two panes, there must be somewhere that moisture is getting in. Can you remove the caulking around the edge somewhere, leave them to dry and then re-caulk? Just a suggestion. We have double-glazed glass doors and we can't do that but I'm not sure about windows. Might be a solution, if it's possible.

As far as your lenses go - isn't it a bit like wearing reading glasses all the time, even when you want to look in the distance or at TV or something? Don't know much about them so just asking....

Comment

As in misty windows on the lap top or misty windows you look out of?
                  Groan....

Comment

We are never happy with out weather Stirls!! If we could only swap a bit..
                    How is is over there JC and Tony???

molly. - lenses are great for when your out and about, but not great at home. Removing just takes practice- Just press down slightly with 2 fingers and pinch them together. Or push them out To the corner of your eye (nose side).
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

News flash: it is sunny out side

Off to do sunny stuff. Back later....
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        News flash: it is sunny out side

Off to do sunny stuff. Back later....
                        Enjoy yourself, Mary.... ink:

Comment

thanks Mary -- need to make up my mind which way to go and just do it -- dreading it really --- but if I do manage to get them out I'm quite pleased so far -- deffo good for out and about for sure --

the windows would need to be done professionally Stirls -- need to find a little man - oh --- and no -- the lenses are varifocal - same as my glasses hence the compromise apparently... don't think I could work with them tho...
                          Never heard of varifocal lenses. You mean they work like bi-focals? I don't think I could ever get used to bifocals - you have to look through the lens at exactly the right spot. I'm not good at that. Probably trip over my own feet cause the floor looks higher up than it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                            How is is over there JC and Tony???
                            Its what my Granny would say a lovely drying day.............ie blowing a gale.

We'll have to wait for our weather forecast from up the road in Scotland. Could be snowing up there.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It'll become like second nature, Molls.

Rightio off the shops, going to have a look at laptops and tumble dryers. Mr JC's on dinner duty tonight so its

Spiced lamb wraps - Good Housekeeping
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It'll become like second nature, Molls.

Rightio off the shops, going to have a look at laptops and tumble dryers. Mr JC's on dinner duty tonight so its

Spiced lamb wraps - Good Housekeeping
                                Sound lovely!! Right Got them out virtually no prob did your method Mary slide into the nose think now I might be delighted with them!
                                Glad to hear all went well with the lenses, Molly. I'm sure you're going to really enjoy them once you get used to them.

Jackie - those wraps look delicious. Might try them myself, but with chicken.

Troopers, wishing you all a great weekend. It was delightful hanging out with you for a bit. Take care all and enjoy whatever weather comes your way!!

Comment

Working...
                                X