No announcement yet.

August Army 2016....Gates are open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a busy thread!! Never seen nowt like it - I turned my back for what seemed like a short while and there's pages since I was last here!

Weather in Scotland - Yep it's a typical summer's day - dull, overcast, and threatening rain...

As to varifocals - I have VF glasses and I am convinced they were not invented by an optician, but by a private Orthopaedic Surgeon who knows that in year's to come we VF wearers will need his services for neck problems caused by bending your head back and looking down your nose when typing/reading and cricking down to try to look at the ground when walking!!!

Comment

Evening,
      Bought both the lap top and the tumble dryer.............Can't for the life of me remember what the lappy's make is but its a lovely shade of purple. Still in its box and will be played with all day long tomorrow.
      And the tumbler comes Monday, no more wet socks hanging about
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm putting one of my piggy banks on top of it and putting £1 a go in it.
        With not having radiators, and the wet, miserable Winters we've been having......... sick and tired of wet washing hanging about on the clothes horse.

Would you believe the young lad who took the delivery details had to ask how many steps to get into the house............elf and safety.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening..
          Look at you Jacks, with all your new stuff!
          As bad here, MrM picked up his new bike today, he'd been on bus, train and shanks mare for months in the hope that the garage will fix his last one, but threw the towel in and has a nice shiny red one now. Went for a lovely country spin, sun shining, wind on our back (kids home alone.. so couldnt go to far) - I can see how you got the bug Molly..
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oh my gosh - I laughed & laughed at the money, Molls.

JC - wanted to drop in to say thanks for the gift idea. It got me thinking and I ended up with this.....
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, its beautiful
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Nora, its beautiful
                Just pretend that is real silver and diamonds. :rotlf:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                  Just pretend that is real silver and diamonds. :rotlf:
                  :hahaha:

I thought they were . Anyway think of the expense of insuring it...............its priceless.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning campers - LOVE it Nora.....

Comment

Morning..

Nora, that is gorgeous. Worth way more than diamonds:happy2:

Comment

Morning Molly. All good here, you?
                        Gathering for a picnic today..hopefully we don't blow away..

Comment

Note to self - Add "gorgeousest" to spell check - Love it!

JC - hope your laptop works! It reminds me of when me and Mrs T first bought a car together - we'd decided which make and visited the dealer. wanted one about 3 years old for price. We went round the forecourt and as we looked at the cars I was talking about engine sizes, fuel economy, practicality of the estate version, towing capacity for the caravan when Mrs T just said, arm outstretched, finger extended "That one"!

Why? I asked - "Because it's a nice blue".

Despite all my protestations we got the blue car!

Comment

Morning lovelinesses and gorgeousnesses,

The batteries full on the purple on, going to have a go later.

Last lap top we bought, the poor lad was trying to guide us into the right choice..............got it boiled down the final decision...........someone closed the lid on one beside me.......................ooh says I...............its pink. I want that one and can I take home now.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just a quick fly by we've got Jenny & her fiance here and they're expecting food. Bit of smoked gammon boiled in coke, roast chicken, new potatoes, big salad, french bread and after clotted cream and blackcurrant ice cream.
                              Form an orderly queue at the back door for any leftovers.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Diet coke or full fat?

Is that a Geordie dish?

Comment

Working...
                                X