August Army 2016....Gates are open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC - Love it!!

Another wet and windy day here in Scotland...

Just seen on the Telly that if Michael Phelps was a Country he would single-handedly be 10th on the medal table!

Comment

Morning Tony,
      I keep watching it.
      Saw that about Michael Phelps.............the man swims like an otter.

Has anyone worked out why the diving pool has gone green? It looks like our goldfish tank used to when it hadn't been cleaned for a fortnight..............answers on a postcard as I've going to nip into town.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

brill Jacs......liked this one too.....

YouTube

re the pool turning green ...it is reckoned due to chloramines etc being less than 1 ppm...and all the chemics being out of sync...but heres a belter for you..

Pee, not chlorine, causes red eyes from swimming pools: CDC - Trending - CBC News

so next time you go to the baths and smell chlorine...its spot the culprit time!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning campers!!
          Haha JC, come find me out in the Wild West!! Connamera, rugged and windy. Just left Dublin. Mr M, master packer, has the car loaded up to the gills, canoe on top.

I heard that about the chlorine in swimming pools muck, the more they smell it, the manky-er the pool!! Best not to think about these things, builds up the immunine system!!
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

OK another AF first - I'm developing a summer cold...ok I know I'm setting myself up for the "Man Flu" jibes...but I never found Lemsip etc worked and used to medicate a cold with a serious quantity of hot toddy... obviously I can't do that now. Does anyone have any good recommendations for an effective Non-al remedy?

Comment

I hate summer colds Tony,I feel for you,I think lots of lemon water,apple cider vinegar, vitamin c,hope you feel better fast
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                I hate summer colds Tony,I feel for you,I think lots of lemon water,apple cider vinegar, vitamin c,hope you feel better fast
                I was just thinking about you,Pauly, and there you were.:hug: Brilliant ideas and hot tea so strong you can stand a spoon up in it.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                  OK another AF first - I'm developing a summer cold...ok I know I'm setting myself up for the "Man Flu" jibes...but I never found Lemsip etc worked and used to medicate a cold with a serious quantity of hot toddy... obviously I can't do that now. Does anyone have any good recommendations for an effective Non-al remedy?
                  Tony - these are Irish but I'm sure the sentiment is universal :haha:

Google

Comment

Looking for things to make me smile : found this:

YouTube

Comment

Cute Satz
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning lovelies,
                        I have a chocolate hangover..............not my fault its Poundland's selling gigantic bars of Turkish delight.............just a couple of squares I said, just a couple, honestly I'll only have a couple,.............then I looked and it was gone .

Loved the vids, Satz. Started laughing at the man flu and by the time I got to the wedding, I was howling.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning campers. . Quick checkin. This place is v Eco, croc wearing, organic, love man. It's actually brilliant cos it's on the beach. im sure there are some people drinking but it's not obvious. Even mr M only had 2 bottles of beer cos he's all anti sugar now (although he does need reminding!)
                          Bit of the man flu too Tony, but I can cope cos I'm not one
                          Overload on the best quality Vit C you can get. Vit d too while your at it.

Later..
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all

Satz, that first youtube vid... was it a documentary? Seems perfectly accurate to me...!!!

Mary, thanks for the vitamin advice. One slight problem with the vitamin D - doesn't that come from sunshine?? I live in Scotland, I'd book a holiday but my pockets are so full of manflu wet Kleenex, I can't reach my wallet.

Comment

Morning youse two,

Am I deficient in Vitamin D? | Vitamin D Council

Anything I can get you Tony, lemsip, new packet of tissues, nice cup of tea?

Question of the day.............just switched the Olympics on and its now all track and field...........I've had a lovely week watching the swimming, diving, cycling, sailing...........and the fencing was fascinating and so was the kite sailing and tbh I'm not that bothered by the track and field.............anyone else feel like that?
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JC - Yeah I'd like some of those balsam tissues to help with the red nose please...

Comment

Working...
                                X