August Army 2016....Gates are open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon sorters.

Great excitement JC!! Decluttering is good for the head.
    We have one of those drawers Tony, we call it the 'everyday drawer'! so if you can't find your long lost rubber, back scratcher, or pea shooter, have a root around the treasures of the everyday drawer.
    An estate agent told my brother to do this years ago when he was selling his house - to have a place to fling everything in the event of an unexpected visitor. Mostly I need another room or house, but thankfully, not selling up anytime soon
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening,

Interesting morning at work, we often get the odd call from a family member seeking treatment for a sibling or offspring and having to tell them that we can only take the details from the person needing help makes me feel so sad...............I was standing next to one of the more senior workers and remarked........'I'm really glad I was the addict, not the person watching on. It must break their hearts'

Decided to give the de-cluttering a rest tonight...........can't stand to much excitement in one week.

The son and heir was so excited to move into his own house because he'd have his very own a man drawer

YouTube
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Evening,

Interesting morning at work, we often get the odd call from a family member seeking treatment for a sibling or offspring and having to tell them that we can only take the details from the person needing help makes me feel so sad...............I was standing next to one of the more senior workers and remarked........'I'm really glad I was the addict, not the person watching on. It must break their hearts'
        Evening Jacks, yes I know - I feel in control now, but I look at my kids and think, will one of you get it, or all of you?
        Even if they're not alcoholics, the stories I keep hearing are horrendous. Guy in works' god child is fighting for her life after a car accident last weekend - driver was off his head.

Anyway, cant worry my way into the future! Lollipops and rainbows... off to bed:flowerspin:

Comment

goodnight folks
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning lollipops,
            I've told the son and heir if I ever see or hear that he's had more than a sip of booze and then drives, I'll personally saw both his arms off.
            Jenny's got this super duper new bike to get to and from work and I've had to tell her as well..............no booze at all.

The kids will ask questions, curious little buggers that they are. Not sure how old they are so its a bit like the birds and the bees...........just make the answers age appropriate. As sure as eggs is eggs they'll try the under-age drinking, they'll spend time hugging the toilet hoping for death and wonder why their heads feel like it'll never leave the pillow............but the majority will grow out of it.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Army :checkin:

Lovely drizzley rain this morning - more of what we're used to in this country
              The actual sun actually shining as it did yesterday throws us into a spin and we don't know what to do with ourselves.

Mr S immediately goes into holiday mode and wants pints. :egad:
              Luckily yesterday there was grub included so I played along and had my din din al fresco outside a lovely country pub.

Comment

Afternoon all,
                Great posts on kids - my eldest is 12 JC.
                Originally posted by mollyka
                they all say that they no longer feel it would be a terrible thing to have - they've seen how it can be dealt with and that it's not a life sentence - far worse can be visited on a body! A good lesson I think
                Thats an interesting take Molly, that hadnt occurred to me. Yes, I agree now, there is way worse - well as long as we are not drinking!

As sure as eggs is eggs they'll try the under-age drinking, they'll spend time hugging the toilet hoping for death and wonder why their heads feel like it'll never leave the pillow............but the majority will grow out of it.
                Of course they will. I am working quietly in the background planting tiny seeds, despite Mr M cracking open another beer.. Who knows.. yes, I think the drink driving this is etched in their brains already, seems to be totally frowned upon, the same way that they are horrified when they see someone smoking!

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Luckily yesterday there was grub included so I played along and had my din din al fresco outside a lovely country pub.
                Ah we did that on Monday on the way home. Fabulous food.
                We kept saying it all weekend, and not to blow our own trumpets (well not much), but we really do cracking food in this little wet country..

Comment

Evening,
                  I have been fed in many lovely places in Ireland. I like Molly's house the best and the Boxty House in Temple Bar. :love:
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Its a guilty pleasure of mine.......very rarely and Primula squeezy cheese with prawns .

Do you ever look into other peoples trollies and wonder how they eat some of the crap in there?

And another question why do I think its Thursday?
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Its a guilty pleasure of mine.......very rarely and Primula squeezy cheese with prawns .

Do you ever look into other peoples trollies and wonder how they eat some of the crap in there?

And another question why do I think its Thursday?
                      Yes, can't help myself looking into other people's trollers, how judgemental am I!! Wasn't that long ago that I spent more on wine than the weekly shop! But can't fadom how some people live on the food they buy and the warped thinking that a white bread plastic ham sandwich is nutritious.. Today I saw a young mammy giving her 6 or 7 month old baby a kinder surprise, probably cos the ad says it's got milk in it. FFS!

Comment

Not sure whether to hang my head in shame................but Jenny didn't like chocolate much..............she's still not a big fan. I used to give her a pepperami while she was in the trolley.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mornin all quick jump in to see how yizall r in this part of the wureld...all well I hope..interesting about the primula cheese tubes jacs.....my fave use to be cheese n ham flavour..unscrew top,pierce and sook the tube....have a grand day..
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning,
                            Haven't had the cheese and ham one for yonks.
                            I've got a creamy cheese tube related injury at the mo. Got mine put of the fridge and dropped it on my foot. Isn't half sore.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I blame the marketeers - feckers they are.
                              Those uneducated about nutrition believe them and it's DISGUSTING !!!

White bread : they take out all the goodness from the flour , dye it white than have the cheek to say then they've fortified it with vitamins.
                              They dye the white flour brown for the brown bread - FFS - families haven't a hope really.

Simple way to do it : anything that is more than 2 steps away from it natural state - is processed and should be avoided.
                              (except chocolate)

Comment

Good morning,
                                Haven't had the cheese and ham one for yonks.
                                I've got a creamy cheese tube related injury at the mo. Got mine put of the fridge and dropped it on my foot. Isn't half sore.
                                There ya go JAcks - no good will ever come from eating processed cheese :haha:

Comment

Working...
                                X