• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugs Sunbeam
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks, friends for your ongoing kind thoughts. Tomorrow will be the first day I won't go to my sister's apartment since we found her. Most of her things have been cleaned out, and friends with a truck will help me Friday to clear out the rest except the furniture, which will be picked up by a charity Aug 29. Memorial service is pretty set, not until late September, and our attorney has everything they need from me right now. A family has had her dog since Sunday. They are still calling it a trial, but I would be shocked if they now changed their mind because they are only saying how great the dog is. I guess this is as good as things can be right now.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbeam View Post
        Thanks, friends for your ongoing kind thoughts. Tomorrow will be the first day I won't go to my sister's apartment since we found her. Most of her things have been cleaned out, and friends with a truck will help me Friday to clear out the rest except the furniture, which will be picked up by a charity Aug 29. Memorial service is pretty set, not until late September, and our attorney has everything they need from me right now. A family has had her dog since Sunday. They are still calling it a trial, but I would be shocked if they now changed their mind because they are only saying how great the dog is. I guess this is as good as things can be right now.
        Hey SunB -I truly hope that you are doing as well as you possibly can now. I am thankful that you are communicating with us as to what is happening. My brother had a dog as well and a neighbor offered to take him (the dog) and raise him. Strange thing is, the person who adopted my brother's dog after my brother's death kept sending us pictures of the dog for at least 7 years post. I am so thankful for the genuinely good people in the world.

Anyway, I think that most all of us are just thinking about you and sending you thoughts of positive energy and peace.

Comment

Thank you for the update - I have been thinking of you. Don't forget to take care of you in the middle of all of this. :hug:
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Sunbeam,
            Just read this thread now and wanted to let you know that I'm also thinking of you. I hope the dog situation has worked out and that you have people you can lean on as you process things. You must be in such a state of shock. Life's realities can be so painfully harsh and vivid. Time will help. Hang in there. Much love, Jane
            AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Thank you Jane. The image of my sister lying there will always be with me.

One good thing to come of this is that her Pekingese dog now has a much better home. The family includes two girls ages 3 and 5. They attend my church. My sister only occasionally took the dog out (used pee pads) hadn't been to the vet in over two years. Grooming took 3 hours, the fur was all matted.

My friends have been great. Several took turns helping me empty her apartment, and we had the opportunity to talk, very healing. Others have invited me over to sit. I am so fortunate, my sister had so much less.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Wow Sunbeam, I am so sorry to read this. And as you pointed out, this very easily could have been me. My tolerance for alcohol at the end was such that I couldn't pass out with alcohol alone and mixed the alcohol with large quantities of Ativan, which I am legitimately prescribed. What got me into detox the final time was a bad fall (I thought I had broken my shoulder) while messed up under alcohol and the Ativan that sent me to the ER, which in turn referred me to a detox facility. Even if the combination of drugs alone didn't kill me, what if I had it my head instead of my shoulder in that fall? I recognize today that I am lucky to be alive. I am not particularly religious, and my days of AA-thumping are over, but I have survived so many events that should have killed me or sent me to prison that it's difficult to discount the idea of a higher power that was looking out for me.
                First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Working...
                X