Finally admitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally admitting

I have been struggling with drinking too much for some time now. I have gained twenty pounds in the last year and have to be on meds for borderline diabetes. It is ironic...since one of the reasons I started to drink too much was because when my daughter was 15 months old she got Type 1 diabetes. I had to give her shots in her stomach for years...and I kind of just "blanked out" the screaming and feeling horrible by drinking. I have always worked out and took good care of myself....except for the drinking. My son was born three years after having my daughter and he ended up having to have heart surgery when he was 3. That really put me over the edge. My husband was married before...to a alcoholic...and can have a very controlling personality. That also stressed me out and before I knew it...I was drinking to controll a LOT of stress in my life. Of course the kids are older now...and don't need as much from me...and my husband and I get along pretty well. I am able to stay home in the summer with them...so as of last week I am off work until September. I am concerned about having so much free time now....to drink more, that I decided that I really needed to focus on either abstaining from it...or cutting down to just drinking at social events. I also want to loose this twenty pounds...and I know by stopping drinking it will be EASY...since I work out anyway. Thanks for reading this! :thanks:

Finally admitting

Hi Sunflower and welcome! Having the summer off would be a challenge but it also sounds like the perfect time to set up a whole different routine that revolves around exercising or something else to help with your weight. If you have not tried any aspects of the program I highly recommend the supplements and the CDs. They really help. Wishing you the best!!! :welcome:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Finally admitting

Hi Sunflower and welcome ......

You certainly have come to the right place, there is so much help and support available here. Download the book, it is fabulous. I know how you feel, my daughter has had problems and operations and that always made me drink more. But since finding here I am a much stronger person.

Good Luck, Love & Hugs, BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Finally admitting

Hello Sunflower:
        What a wonderful way to spend a summer....on you!!! Take the time to read the book if you haven't. It helped me get motivated to make changes in my life that have helped me slow down the drinking (and I'v lost some weight too!!). I hope you find what you need here.
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Finally admitting

Hi Sunflower,
          Ditto the others, especially about the book, it is a great motivator. I have also lost 8.5 pounds since making the recommended changes.

Welcome
          If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Finally admitting

Welcome, Sunflower. You're in the right place here. We all have so much in common, so we can offer much support to one another... with no worries about shame.
            My daughter - now 10 - has had many surgeries since she was an infant, with two more coming up this summer. It is hard isn't it?

Hang out here, read threads, read the book, learn learn learn........ and be patient and good to your Self.

(Hey - does anyone else notice that there are a whole lotta Washingtonians on here? Do you think it's the weather that drives us to drink?!)
            Hugs,
            imatree

Comment

Finally admitting

Thanks for the nice Welcomes! I am going to do what you suggested and download the book and get reading! Sunflower

Comment

Finally admitting

Hey fellow Spokanite! I'm so glad you are here. It is a wonderful, supportive place. I too wish to lose about twenty pounds, and have already lost about five of it. It's amazing how much we consume with drinking. Are you a teacher?

Comment

Finally admitting

Welcome Sunflower.

Comment

Finally admitting

Hello Hart....
                    No I am not a teacher....but I am a really involved helper with my son's class. I have a really flexible schedule when I work...(at a Pharmacy/Gift Store) and I take the summer's off to be with my kids. So you are from Spokane! Small world isn't it! Sunflower

Comment

Working...
                    X