Not sure if this is right place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi just wanted to know if anyone else has experianced this?

I've been AF for 17 days and lost about 10lbs in weight ........ I went out this weekend and had a few drinks about 7-8 pints of lager which I can normally handle ...... now I've got a hangover I can't get rid off .... far worse than when I was drinking every day and feel like crap.
    I'm alcohol free tonight and hopefully going to do a lot better than 17 days.

Also has anyone tried detox and how long before you should see some health benifits going AF?

Trevor:
    WOW!! 17 days...Fantastic job!
    If you don't drink for awhile your body does not respond the same way as it used to when you tie one on. You're not the seasoned pro you used to be. I'm not surprised you don't feel well. Also, if you have lost weight (I am sooo jealous!) you don't need as much lager to get you feeling "over the top" as before. The new slimmer you just can't handle the same amount of alcohol. Good job again on the AF days. Drink plenty of water and get some rest...you will feel better in no time. Good to hear from you!
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Kudzu helps a hangover.

I found out anecdotally that one morning when I had a hangover and I started taking the supps, the kudzu seemed to knock the hangover out within about 30 minutes.

17 Days AF!! I am soooo jealous!! :goodjob:

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Trevor, they're correct in that you body is lighter now and has been without alcohol for awhile. So, the mind says you can drink like you always have; but the body can no longer handle the volume.
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

17 days AF is great. Congratulations. Your liver enzymes that detoxify the alcohol are at a lower level after 17 days AF so you don't break down the alcohol as quickly now. So less alcohol can have a stronger effect. As for the hangover, that sucks. I don't know how to cure them except with lots of water a little bit of time.

You are doing absolutely fabulous. I hope you can keep up the AF thing. Good luck.

:goodjob:
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I agree with what everyone said. With the weight loss you have less body mass to saturate the alcohol, which is why most smaller people get drunk faster. Drink lots of water, take the supps and perhaps some Motrin and get some rest. Eating healthy will also help too. I try to eat really well and take my vitamins.

Comment

Trev,
              7-8 pints would give anyone a hangover

well done on the 17 days, what is it with you brits and competition?

your pound is double our dollar

your pint is twice the size of our pot glass

your winters are twice as cold

wont mention the cricket!

well done mate

maxman
              "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Trevor,

I used to do that too, go for a few days without and thendrink and be worse than ever.
                You need to eat and drink loads of water, painkillers for headache, supps for improved health and WOW 17 days af, have you ever thought of joining the 30 day-ers?

I was lurking for a while and started to go for 30 days in secret and I am doing ok.
                Diamond xx
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

What's the 30 day-ers?

I think one of my main problems is I've been hitting the milk thistle too hard , without eating enough fibre :no: ..... all my muscles feel toxic and hurt .... feels like I've got flu ... anyone else had this ?

Comment

Hey Trevor - congrats on 17 Days, that's great!

I have the same problem with my muscles being sore too. I go to the the gym regularly and when I was drinking I could go consecutive days like a champ - now after I've been I'm so sore and it take a couple days to really wear off. It's a real struggle to go back to back days. Don't know what it is - maybe it is the milk thistle?

Comment

I don't know where Milk Thistle got a bad rap but I've done a bit of research on it and have never come across any side effects for it. All I can find out is that there is a lot of scientific evidence showing it helps livers, even very damaged livers heal, it is natural and can be taken for an unlimited time.

In fact, many claim milk thistle is great for hangovers and in some European countries it is sold as a "day after" pill for people who have had too much to drink the night before (backed up by studies) and a "day before" pill for people who know they will be drinking a lot that night.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you are not taking organic milk thistle (though it usually is sold organic). That's where I'd look for a culprit.

Anyway if anyone has any info connecting milk thistle to side effects, pls let me know about. thanks
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I think Milk thistle is good at healing livers ...... just the toxins need to be flushed out of the body ...... with water and fibre or else they are reabsorbed and go into muscles and skin ...

Comment

Working...
                        X